Official Match Thread Season 37 - Round 5 - Dragons FFC v Roys FFC at Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Legit. Survived four years and at (most likely) a random event I just was helping out at as an extra person bang. Obviously impossible to pinpoint because could be a brief greeting a shop or something who knows.

But had a bit of a sore throat on Tuesday morning (nothing much) and was travelling to Adelaide so I didn't want to make that drive if I had it. I tested negative - and that was one of those fancy Covid/Flu ones. Then I got to Adelaide in scorching 37c heat, walked into the hotel which had the air con on, immediately had chills. Turned the heater on (while it is 37c outside) and still felt chills. Thought this isn't good, but after regulating the temp through showers I felt a bit better the next day.

Wednesday I thought ah it's probably a cold then or something as I didn't have chills any more and my throat was okay. Had to drive back when I started feeling s**t that afternoon - and continued having hiccups which set me off, shouldn't last three days. Tested Thursday morning when I felt glass/razor blades in my throat and sure enough positive.

Pretty deflating. My bout not life threatening but by god I envy those who have only had head colds. It's mostly throat - drinking water feels like spicy hot food, I can only swallow soft food or liquid, and the amount of ****** crap I'm coughing up yesterday off two hours sleep because I woke up in a hot sweat.

Anyway, that's the story before someone asks. So I don't know if this counts as day five (if the first symptoms on Tuesday but tested negative) or day three (tested positive on Thursday), but as my work can be done from home I obviously said I'd stay home till I'm 100% better because why risk it?
It was just like a heavy cold for me but I had no energy and a cough I remember having as a kid for about 6 weeks and then after that I got tinnitus, which I still have. Now every time I get a little sniffle, the cough comes back with a vengeance.

Same plus AF and DT. Bad boys for life

Will Smith Yes GIF by Bad Boys For Life
View attachment youdontputanythingintoit.mp4

It was just like a heavy cold for me but I had no energy and a cough I remember having as a kid for about 6 weeks and then after that I got tinnitus, which I still have. Now every time I get a little sniffle, the cough comes back with a vengeance.
Yeah I already have asthma and hayfever so my sinuses in general are usually seasonally in trouble.

windyhill Mooch tigs2010 here's my update on your 2nd favourite team (except in the case of Mooch who has been specifically told by Chris Rea to dance with everyone except us) we won again :D Couldn't put 2 successive wins together all season and sat 2nd last, but now win 3 in a row and are just 2 goals behind 4th last. (That's who we just beat 3-1 so if we'd avoided dropping that one goal we'd be level on diff ffs). 3 matches to go, all scheduled within the next 9 days. Definitely had dug our own grave in the first place but ...
856825002.jpeg

Also: gameday!

serial_thrilla (I started to type @serial_mia and couldn't work out why you'd deleted your account) it's long past time but Serial Mia and it's neighbouring three islands are finally represented on the Hindealla national map.

It's part of a recent move to flesh out some of the ocean bounding the mainland, along with resolving some issues with anomalous terrain generation caused by version updates in the game that acts as the vessel for the project (Minecraft).

Anyway, here's the location of Serial Mia on the world map, and a close up of the maps of the area.
Serial Islands.gif
2024-03-03_07.21.32.png

There are 4 islands in the group; 1 west of Serial Mia, and 2 to the east. The western island still has some bare dirt on it, not yet grown back, which indicates the location where Hate set up base when which he'd produce materials and commute to the site to buid his anti-Phoenix activism period extravaganza "The Eeyore" . Dragon Island (Beldribilin) is located close by to the south.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just realised Dragon Island kinda looks like a dinosaur.
It's meant to look very very vaguely like a dragon, as though not deliberately but someone might have once commented on it and caused the name of the island to arise.

It's meant to look very very vaguely like a dragon, as though not deliberately but someone might have once commented on it and caused the name of the island to arise.
I like the importance we place on our football ground. Look at the % of our island it fills compared to the rest of our community!

I like the importance we place on our football ground. Look at the % of our island it fills compared to the rest of our community!
It's one of the reasons the island looks more like a dinosaur than a dragon. The ground makes it too fat!

austin powers GIF
When are the Roys gonna have a las Vegas round like the NRL? :p
What is a las Vegas round? I don't know it!

There's actually another team in the Sweet FA called the Las Vegas Bears. So we will have a Las Vegas round :D

milo_cards.gif

Let's make it happen.

If the league doesnt sanction it we could even just not turn up to Qooty one week while we are there. Not like we win this qooty stuff anyway.
What is it? Someone please explain ... oh wait, they are PLAYING a round actually IN Vegas?

Oh well that comes back to the Bears again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 37 - Round 5 - Dragons FFC v Roys FFC at Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back