Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Gold City Royals v Roys FFC at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

The thought of Mobbs trying to chew through an over cooked bit of Roo with his false teeth is nauseating. Well done. Well done indeed.

I imagine they have some sort of chew-sharing program. One of them gives it a chew for a few minutes then spits it out and passes it to the next one.

The lucky last gets to try and guess what meat it started out as.

Last edited:
The thought of Mobbs trying to chew through an over cooked bit of Roo with his false teeth is nauseating. Well done. Well done indeed.
With a bit of herbs and spices to spruce things up, it’ll be okay for Mobbs

With a bit of herbs and spices to spruce things up, it’ll be okay for Mobbs
Chili flakes fix everything. And I don't have false teeth, I just have unfixed broken teeth. I don't have the money for new teeth.

I also have what the dental nurse referred to as "geographic tongue".

Chili flakes fix everything. And I don't have false teeth, I just have unfixed broken teeth. I don't have the money for new teeth.

I also have what the dental nurse referred to as "geographic tongue".

No one has the money for new teeth these days unless your Gina Rinehart

Today we are celebrating Mobbs ' ancestor Émile Picard, as a famous mathematics of Sweet, Mobbs got his mathematics knowledge of his ancestor Emile who is known in the fields of analysis, function theory, differential equations, and analytic geometry. He used methods of successive approximation to show the existence of solutions of ordinary differential equations solving the Cauchy problem for these differential equations.

It was these equations Mobbs used to create the Qooty program that we all know and love!

Emile celebrates his 168th birthday. Nearly the same age as Ed_Gein

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today we are celebrating Mobbs ' ancestor Émile Picard, as a famous mathematics of Sweet, Mobbs got his mathematics knowledge of his ancestor Emile who is known in the fields of analysis, function theory, differential equations, and analytic geometry. He used methods of successive approximation to show the existence of solutions of ordinary differential equations solving the Cauchy problem for these differential equations.

It was these equations Mobbs used to create the Qooty program that we all know and love!

Emile celebrates his 168th birthday. Nearly the same age as Ed_Gein
Take that Augustin-Louis!

In honour of the Picard birthday I will teach everyone the first two tenets of qooty code. Well, the first one is just code, the second is how to use it for the Sweet FA.

This is the basis of BASIC qooty code (since much advanced but its how it started).

10 PRINT "WHAT IS YOUR NAME?"
20 INPUT YOURNAME$
30 PRINT "HELLO ";YOURNAME$
40 END

Even if you know nothing about programming, you can see how this works, surely. If you run the program, it will find the first-numbered line and try to execute it. Once complete, it will look for the next line in order. Later languages omit line numbers and just assume the order of the text is the order of execution.

Line 10 writes the question you can see, on the screen. If it's between quotes, it's just plain static text - as is.
Line 20 is an input request, it doesn't write anything, but prompts for the user to write something. The lack of the quotes tells the program it's actually some longuage syntax - a command. The dollar sign simply defines what kind of input will be respected - a dollar sign refers to text as opposed to such alternatives as a number. The user can then write their name. When you enter your name, it stores what you entered into a little pigeonhole where it notes YOURNAME$ is representative of your text.
Line 30 then writes new text, including the text you gave. The program goes back to the pigeonhole and collects the data stored there, popping it in where prompted.
Line 40 simply concludes the script.

This is basically the most fundamental program you can write that is interactive.

Now, some ask what is the leap that must be made to have it interact with the Sweet FA. But actually, that's the simplest part. All you have to do is interpose Sweet FA-related processing and responses.

For example, take this upgrade to the initial text, as applicable to our good friend Zevon . I have here adjusted the original code to be referential to an element of the Sweet FA, as applies to Zevon :

20 INPUT YOURNAME$
30 IF YOURNAME$ <> "ZEVON" THEN PRINT "HELLO ";YOURNAME$
40 END

It's really that simply. And that's how Qooty came to be.

HinkleysHeroes here is the match thread for Round 1. Our opponents are the Gold City Royals who formed in Season 18 from a (non-canon) merger between the Embers and the Vipers.

Here is a repeat of the important part of the opening post, courtesy Gralin :
Both teams made it to and lost preliminary finals in Season 37 and will be looking to go one better in Season 38. The Gold City Royals finished the home and away season a game clear on top of the ladder, the Roys finished fourth.

The two clubs have met 40 times with the Roys holding a narrow two game lead 21-19 courtesy of back to back wins in Season 37 including the Qualifying Final.

The Royals will be looking for a small measure of revenge, the Roys to extend the lead and both clubs will want to start with a win.

I had to rescue my goat Patrick. Somehow he got himself stuck between the two sheds. He’s like our glorious leader Mobbs. Gets himself stuck in some awkward situations. Must have had a night out with the other goats nearby

I had to rescue my goat Patrick. Somehow he got himself stuck between the two sheds. He’s like our glorious leader Mobbs. Gets himself stuck in some awkward situations. Must have had a night out with the other goats nearby
Did it get your goat?
Take that Augustin-Louis!

In honour of the Picard birthday I will teach everyone the first two tenets of qooty code. Well, the first one is just code, the second is how to use it for the Sweet FA.

This is the basis of BASIC qooty code (since much advanced but its how it started).

20 INPUT YOURNAME$
30 PRINT "HELLO ";YOURNAME$
40 END

Even if you know nothing about programming, you can see how this works, surely. If you run the program, it will find the first-numbered line and try to execute it. Once complete, it will look for the next line in order. Later languages omit line numbers and just assume the order of the text is the order of execution.

Line 10 writes the question you can see, on the screen. If it's between quotes, it's just plain static text - as is.
Line 20 is an input request, it doesn't write anything, but prompts for the user to write something. The lack of the quotes tells the program it's actually some longuage syntax - a command. The dollar sign simply defines what kind of input will be respected - a dollar sign refers to text as opposed to such alternatives as a number. The user can then write their name. When you enter your name, it stores what you entered into a little pigeonhole where it notes YOURNAME$ is representative of your text.
Line 30 then writes new text, including the text you gave. The program goes back to the pigeonhole and collects the data stored there, popping it in where prompted.
Line 40 simply concludes the script.

This is basically the most fundamental program you can write that is interactive.

Now, some ask what is the leap that must be made to have it interact with the Sweet FA. But actually, that's the simplest part. All you have to do is interpose Sweet FA-related processing and responses.

For example, take this upgrade to the initial text, as applicable to our good friend Zevon . I have here adjusted the original code to be referential to an element of the Sweet FA, as applies to Zevon :

20 INPUT YOURNAME$
30 IF YOURNAME$ <> "ZEVON" THEN PRINT "HELLO ";YOURNAME$
40 END

It's really that simply. And that's how Qooty came to be.
English?

I deliberately place myself in awkward situations. So yes, pretty much the same thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Gold City Royals v Roys FFC at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back