Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Sin City Swamprats v Coney Island Warriors at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

King Tenz Robertio he is meaning us! The current champions of the SFA

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE
Might need to trade for him. Could always use another very active poster 😍

Imagine if a bunch of mischievous 14 year olds ran amok around an enormous school by day and village by night with a map they invented back in the 70s. Not just any old map but one that has chatgpt / google maps covered because of moving dots of every student. Not to mention the sort of mischief they could manage. Their names are based on their animal forms and one’s a traitor. Don’t trust Barrybran
A+ explanation. 10 points to Ravenclaw!

know your opponents.png
Agent93 Barrybran brian_muz Dinsdale FootyGuy13 Frankston Rover Freofalcon Lord_Flashheart Mesc Mofra Ocha905 pantskyle Paracleet Piggy Smalls Purple7x08_24 raffrox Raveneyes Reginald Perrin SBYM Smoooothy Snuffaluphagus spudmaster Stokey The Filth Wizard TheInjuryFactory toxic TubbsFarquhar Volbeat zackah

WE'RE BACK BABEY!!!!!

Morning Wazzas, I trust this message finds you. I'm back in the saddle with another season's worth of Know Your Opponents. Mainly for the benefit of our rookies in brian_muz & raffrox but just as useful to those new to the club but not to the league and those not new to the club nor the league but have a memory like Swiss cheese (full of holes, ostensibly neutral but secretly evil, has many appendages, protects the Pope and makes you sh*t yourself if you have an intolerance), KYO is a segment that seeks to shed some light on the team we are facing in any given week. In previous seasons this has come in the guise of a straight up explanation or through a comparison to something like a song or a fictional character, with a variation last season where, in a milestone season, we looked back at previous encounters with the opposing teams. So what's in store this season?

1721779877234.png

That's right! From the people that brought you Robertio's cirrhosis issues, this season I will look to describe our opponents by way of Feats of Strength or Otherwise that have made their way into Arthur Quinness' yearly almanac.

Now for this week's opposing Sin Citizens I would normally have talked about Maurizio Montalbini who spent 260 days underground in 2006, or the 33 Chilean & Bolivian miners who were trapped underground for 69 days (leave it Pugsley) or even Beatriz Flamini who emerged from a cave last year after 500 days. Or I may have gone down another path and talked about Clive Greenaway from Poole in Dorset, UK who holds the record for most jokes told in a minute with 26 philreichesqe zingers in 2015.

1721782580032.png
Pictured: chatty Catalan Lluís Colet mid-ramble

However in light of recent changes at the Swamprats I want to introduce you to Lluís Colet, a French Catalan man who in 2005 broke the world record for the longest speech after rambling nonstop for 124 hours (that's five days and four nights straight) about Spanish painter Salvador Dali, Catalan culture and other topics in the southern French town of Perpignan. Large crowds turned out in support of Colet, who received a rapturous applause at the end of his speech. Maybe because he had finally shut the hell up, but records of their motivation are sketchy.

"This is a big day for me and I dedicate this record to all those who defend Catalan language and culture," Colet said in a half-French-half-Spanish accent which I imagine is a cross between Inspector Clouseau and Manuel from Fawlty Towers, his voice fainter after five days of nonstop talking which is something that gives us all a glimmer of hope for the rest of this week.

Enjoy it how best you can lads!​

View attachment 2057221
Agent93 Barrybran brian_muz Dinsdale FootyGuy13 Frankston Rover Freofalcon Lord_Flashheart Mesc Mofra Ocha905 pantskyle Paracleet Piggy Smalls Purple7x08_24 raffrox Raveneyes Reginald Perrin SBYM Smoooothy Snuffaluphagus spudmaster Stokey The Filth Wizard TheInjuryFactory toxic TubbsFarquhar Volbeat zackah

WE'RE BACK BABEY!!!!!

Morning Wazzas, I trust this message finds you. I'm back in the saddle with another season's worth of Know Your Opponents. Mainly for the benefit of our rookies in brian_muz & raffrox but just as useful to those new to the club but not to the league and those not new to the club nor the league but have a memory like Swiss cheese (full of holes, ostensibly neutral but secretly evil, has many appendages, protects the Pope and makes you sh*t yourself if you have an intolerance), KYO is a segment that seeks to shed some light on the team we are facing in any given week. In previous seasons this has come in the guise of a straight up explanation or through a comparison to something like a song or a fictional character, with a variation last season where, in a milestone season, we looked back at previous encounters with the opposing teams. So what's in store this season?

View attachment 2057233

That's right! From the people that brought you Robertio's cirrhosis issues, this season I will look to describe our opponents by way of Feats of Strength or Otherwise that have made their way into Arthur Quinness' yearly almanac.

Now for this week's opposing Sin Citizens I would normally have talked about Maurizio Montalbini who spent 260 days underground in 2006, or the 33 Chilean & Bolivian miners who were trapped underground for 69 days (leave it Pugsley) or even Beatriz Flamini who emerged from a cave last year after 500 days. Or I may have gone down another path and talked about Clive Greenaway from Poole in Dorset, UK who holds the record for most jokes told in a minute with 26 philreichesqe zingers in 2015.

View attachment 2057262

However in light of recent changes at the Swamprats I want to introduce you to Lluís Colet, a French Catalan man who in 2005 broke the world record for the longest speech after rambling nonstop for 124 hours (that's five days and four nights straight) about Spanish painter Salvador Dali, Catalan culture and other topics in the southern French town of Perpignan. Large crowds turned out in support of Colet, who received a rapturous applause at the end of his speech. Maybe because he had finally shut the hell up, but records of their motivation are sketchy.

"This is a big day for me and I dedicate this record to all those who defend Catalan language and culture," Colet said in a half-French-half-Spanish accent which I imagine is a cross between Inspector Clouseau and Manuel from Fawlty Towers, his voice fainter after five days of nonstop talking which is something that gives us all a glimmer of hope for the rest of this week.

So the Swam Prats are like a Frenchman who won't shut up? 🤔 well at least one of them is.

Anyhow, happy Friday6 everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2057221

WE'RE BACK BABEY!!!!!

View attachment 2057233

View attachment 2057262

What do you want bud?

View attachment 2057221

WE'RE BACK BABEY!!!!!

View attachment 2057233

View attachment 2057262

I thought we were gonna do a Top 20 of the biggest hoaxes, cheats and liars this season where every event is tied back to pantskyle not getting All-SFA.

I thought we were gonna do a Top 20 of the biggest hoaxes, cheats and liars this season where every event is tied back to pantskyle not getting All-SFA.
That's assuming that pantskyle won't get done dirty by the All-SFA selectors again

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Sin City Swamprats v Coney Island Warriors at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back