Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 12: Ophidian Old Boys v Sin City Swamprats at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

OOBs.png

vs

SCS Logo.png

Let's start with a little bit of humour:

An attorney arrived home late, after a very tough day trying to get a stay of execution. His last minute plea for clemency to the governor had failed and he was feeling worn out and depressed.

As soon as he walked through the door at home, his wife started on him about, 'What time of night to be getting home is this? Where have you been? Dinner is cold and I'm not reheating it'!!

Too shattered to play his usual role in this familiar ritual, he poured himself a shot of whiskey and headed off for a long hot soak in the bathtub, pursued by the predictable sarcastic remarks as he dragged himself up the stairs.

While he was in the bath, the phone rang. The wife answered and was told that her husband's client, James Wright, had been granted a stay of execution after all. Wright would not be hanged tonight.

Finally realising what a terrible day he must have had, she decided to go upstairs and give him the good news. As she opened the bathroom door, she was greeted by the sight of her husband, bent over naked, drying his legs and feet.

'They're not hanging Wright tonight,' she said.

He whirled around and screamed, "FFS woman don't you ever let up?"

Both S37 Grand Finalists are struggling to regain their form from last Season

It is 7th vs 8th ... each Team has a 4-5-1 record heading in to this crucial clash

Let's look at the players from each team, who starred and embarrassed themselves in the last round:

Old Boys

Who’s hot

Over The Post: 22 possessions & 8 tackles

Mrs Turbo: 26 possessions & 6 marks

Who’s not

Wickzki: 1 possession

FreoGirl: 3 possession

Rats (from round 10)

Who’s hot

jackster83: 31 possessions, 6 marks & a goal

philreich: 23 possessions, 7 marks, a goal & 7 free kicks!!!

Who’s not

edgie: 3 possessions

Ticky009: 5 possessions

Who wins?

If I get selected, it will definitely be The OOBs

Captains: please post your team sheets by 11.59pm AWST on Thursday!

Last edited:

Welcome to Spotswood Swamprats. As Inner Sanctum Members you deserve something special for your support so will receive access to premium match day offering at the game including attendance at the Chancellors after game celebration function, invite and premier seating at the Old Boys Best and Fairest function with full catering and bar as well as enjoying exclusive off-field opportunities and inner sanctum experiences from the club throughout the season.

1728297151808.png

G'Day Rats, looking forward to spending the week with you, hopefully culminating in a big win to the OOB come Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monday match threads are for the real ones
We post them on Monday when we have free time, and certain people complain that they're too early. We post them on Tuesday night after work, and others complain that they're too late. It's like being in politics - you can't please all the people all the time.

We post them on Monday when we have free time, and certain people complain that they're too early. We post them on Tuesday night after work, and others complain that they're too late. It's like being in politics - you can't please all the people all the time.
I like match thread posted Tuesday as it gives me the Monday to update my stats and get into PMs and a solid break between match threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 12: Ophidian Old Boys v Sin City Swamprats at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back