Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 3 - Sin City Swamprats v Ophidian Old Boys at The Underground Stadium MOTR

Remove this Banner Ad

Parramatta
Scared Chewing Gum GIF

There is Spam & then there is this 💩

I used to read every post in our Match Threads … not anymore

Your loss. I’ve enjoyed having Raz around and the whole OOB team has. You were a young rookie once, stop being an old fart

There is Spam & then there is this 💩

I used to read every post in our Match Threads … not anymore
And then there are those… like yourself who chose to complain about it but did nothing about it! You could have changed the way the thread was going but you didn’t!

Now as a captain… whose in the wrong here??

Not pointing fingers bc I’m nobody but nobody’s seem to notice everything!

Maybe your captain jockeying days are over! 🤷🏼‍♀️

That all depends on the engine management system in place, many ICE can't modify ignition timing enough to take full advantage of extra octane.

You can test this in your car by running about 5 tanks of regular octane fuel, keeping close tabs on mileage. Then run about 5 tanks of premium. Compare the mileage, did it go up? If so, your suggestion has merit.

Just wait until you get me going on tribology!
Tribology? You slippery customer you.

Back around 2000, Shell introduced Optimax fuel here, it was genuine 100 octane with all the shizz additives. I was running a Daewoo Lanos at the time (don't ask) and would get 500km a tank on ordinary 91 unleaded, and over 600km a tank on the Optimax. Even though it was about 15c a litre more expensive, it paid for itself in greater performance and mileage. I think it was being sourced ex Singapore.

Then about 18 months later they kept the name but reverted back to the same locally made 98 unleaded as everyone else, and the magic beans disappeared. :(

Ethanol isn't used in petrol here except for a specific 91+ethanol blend with up to 10% ethanol. It's available from most service stations around 2c a litre cheaper than straight 91.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're on our patch this week dude, and judging by last week, your defence has almost as many leaks as Donald Trump's cabinet :).
giphy.gif

I have the day off today … BUT I would rather clean the toilet with my toothbrush than read this Match Thread
But would you clean your teeth with the toilet brush?

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 3 - Sin City Swamprats v Ophidian Old Boys at The Underground Stadium MOTR

Remove this Banner Ad

Back