Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Mount Buller Delons vs Baghdad Bombers @ The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes! I was talking about Proper Gander just yesterday. PG brings warmth, humour and enjoyment to all that cross their path.

What do you bring to the table, Jabba?
Sweet FA, it’s kinda appropriate really.

Oh she probably comes in second but my partner seems to really concentrate his scorn and loathing in less likely targets
Gatefold drumming.

A mate of mine who has been in bands in both Sydney and Brisbane blame that "Phil Collins" sound on a lot of society's ills.

He's just a miserable old fart most of the time.

Gatefold drumming.

A mate of mine who has been in bands in both Sydney and Brisbane blame that "Phil Collins" sound on a lot of society's ills.

He's just a miserable old fart most of the time.
Someone really needs to piece together a collection of Margaret Thatcher sings the complete works of Phil Collins then you can get that 80s feeling back at the click of a button

One of the best concerts I ever went to was Kiss. I was never a fan and I was dragged there by a group of friends who had front row seats at Burswood Dome, it was one of their ‘farewell tours’

Well we sat at the bar and when we got in it was an amazing set up, then as soon as they came out everyone just left their seats and surged forward and we were right up against the stage front row…I could see Gene’s eyeballs. Talk about audience engagement! It was just loud, fun, party from start to finish, Gene flew across the stage, it was a real SHOW. Then it finished with encores and about 10 minutes of glitter raining down on us all…I went home spent and both the heels off my boots broke off from dancing so much. I had so much respect for them after that and actually appreciated what they were and their music too.

We still talk about it as one of the best nights out ever and value for every single dollar spent. Great band, superb entertainers!
I remember a gig that Kiss did in the mid 90s at Memorial Drive. I wasn't a fan but I lived close enough to it and the wind was blowing the right way to have the full acoustic effects without leaving the comfort of my back yard.

Truly professional. They knew what to deliver and how to deliver it. They certainly gave the punters their money's worth and then some.

Someone really needs to piece together a collection of Margaret Thatcher sings the complete works of Phil Collins then you can get that 80s feeling back at the click of a button
God, I can hear that horrible, patronising voice doing "You Can't Hurry Love" as I read your post.

God, I can hear that horrible, patronising voice doing "You Can't Hurry Love" as I read your post.
Yeah I really made a mistake coming up with that idea didn’t I?

Around 10 hungry children most days.
To feed them, or to eat them?

Not a question I thought I'd need to be asking someone today, but here we are.

I remember a gig that Kiss did in the mid 90s at Memorial Drive. I wasn't a fan but I lived close enough to it and the wind was blowing the right way to have the full acoustic effects without leaving the comfort of my back yard.

Truly professional. They knew what to deliver and how to deliver it. They certainly gave the punters their money's worth and then some.
I never got into Kiss. I was pretty little when they were a thing and for some reason I found them scarey. Mind you I must have been a neurotic type because Dr Who gave me nightmares. I was utterly addicted though so had to learn to live with my fear. It’s funny watching those old episodes to realise that I was hiding behind the couch to avoid the terror of seeing an empty juice bottle covered in bubble wrap painted with green slime dragged across the floor by the BBC props department.

I stand by my reasonable grounds for terror watching Dr Who and the Garden of Evil - even now that I can see that the vast alien mass is basically a dressed up celeriac it still gives me the shivers. No wonder my mother had to fight to get us to eat vegetables.

Ah those days! The ABC test pattern. Dad showing me how to lower the needle carefully onto a record, and clean the vinyl gently before replacing in the sleeve. Getting to be banker in Monopoly. The smell of autumn leaves burning in the gutters. Fixing the passenger door of the Kingswood with coat hangers so it didn’t fall open on every left turn. Two weeks at a rental down the coast in school holidays experiment holding the TV bunny ears in every part of the room to get the cricket. The Goodies jam and scones war.

Good times!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also I’ve been away for a bit, but when did we become the Mt Buller Delons?
I believe it was on a Tuesday PG

Sorry I can't be more specific :embarrassedv1:

I have this really dim recollection of Billy Idol successfully suing the NRL or some such for making him look like a dipstick. He came out on the ground on a hovercraft or something and the microphone didn’t work so it was 5 minutes of Billy floating around on this thing chased by sound tech guys that couldn’t catch the hovercraft because the driver got the bit between his teeth and he was OFF and the crowd just cheered and laughed.

If I’m remembering this accurately, Roy and HG did an epic commentary for the moment.

If I’m not remembering this accurately then I’d say none of this happened and I must have dreamt it up somehow
I’ll have to look for that on youtube 😂
Imagine messing with Billy!

Last edited:
Jeezus.

What sort of upbringing did you have my friend?
One where it was instilled in me the need and desire to seek clarification when posting on anonymous online text-based football discussion forums such as bigfooty.com to ensure children are not being eaten willy-nilly by opposition posters.

I never got into Kiss. I was pretty little when they were a thing and for some reason I found them scarey. Mind you I must have been a neurotic type because Dr Who gave me nightmares. I was utterly addicted though so had to learn to live with my fear. It’s funny watching those old episodes to realise that I was hiding behind the couch to avoid the terror of seeing an empty juice bottle covered in bubble wrap painted with green slime dragged across the floor by the BBC props department.

I stand by my reasonable grounds for terror watching Dr Who and the Garden of Evil - even now that I can see that the vast alien mass is basically a dressed up celeriac it still gives me the shivers. No wonder my mother had to fight to get us to eat vegetables.

Ah those days! The ABC test pattern. Dad showing me how to lower the needle carefully onto a record, and clean the vinyl gently before replacing in the sleeve. Getting to be banker in Monopoly. The smell of autumn leaves burning in the gutters. Fixing the passenger door of the Kingswood with coat hangers so it didn’t fall open on every left turn. Two weeks at a rental down the coast in school holidays experiment holding the TV bunny ears in every part of the room to get the cricket. The Goodies jam and scones war.

Good times!
The good thing about Kiss is they did comeback tours for about 30 years! And they loved Australia.
I always regretted so much not going to this we may have been living up North at the time or something, can’t believe I didn’t get there, one of my biggest concert regrets.

Call it what you want, PG, but I call that a house fire!
Gutters cats, not guttering.

ACT used to permit the burning off of leaves in the concrete gutters on the roadside. God knows why. Probably for the same reason they permit small humans running around with unregulated explosives on a yearly basis.

Gutters cats, not guttering.

ACT used to permit the burning off of leaves in the concrete gutters on the roadside. God knows why. Probably for the same reason they permit small humans running around with unregulated explosives on a yearly basis.
Call it what you want, PG, but I call that a grassfire (gutterfire?) waiting to happen!

I've always found the fascination with fireworks slightly odd. One summer as soon we all turned 18, it seemed to be high on everyones 'to do' list to drive to the ACT to buy fireworks. It was seen as a right of passage to manhood, or something utterly ridiculous. Granted, I don't think anyone ever made the drive but it was certainly a hot topic over pre-drinks before a night out.

The good thing about Kiss is they did comeback tours for about 30 years! And they loved Australia.
I always regretted so much not going to this we may have been living up North at the time or something, can’t believe I didn’t get there, one of my biggest concert regrets.

But I still find them scarey

Call it what you want, PG, but I call that a grassfire (gutterfire?) waiting to happen!
I think it sort of did go in that direction occasionally and hence outlawed.

Who could have known that idea mightn’t end well? Pushing vast piles of dry leaves and bark onto the road and setting it alight then leaving it unsupervised to be ridden through by teenagers on BMX bikes who used to like the way if you do just the right skid the flame embers fly off in every direction.

Deflect all you want but it's not lost on me you have not answered the question.

season 7 episode 23 GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Mount Buller Delons vs Baghdad Bombers @ The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back