Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Mount Buller Delons vs Baghdad Bombers @ The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

U2 ✔️
Rolling Stones ✔️
Red Hot Chilli Peppers ✔️

I’ve been to some terrific concerts
RHCP get a lot of flake these days for being 'aged rockers' but they can still put on a show. Energy levels certainly have not diminished over the years.

RHCP get a lot of flake these days for being 'aged rockers' but they can still put on a show. Energy levels certainly have not diminished over the years.
I saw them about 20 years ago in a smallish venue, the best way to see a band like that.

We saw his final show in Melbourne. Tour was him with a piano and a microphone (aptly named the piano and microphone tour!) and no band.

It was intimate, creative and the way he has every single person on the edge of their seats was astounding. I'm sure there's people that have been to more gigs than me, but that was a performance head and shoulders above others i've seen.

Vanity passed away a day or two before the show, and there were some heartfelt words shared which teared up the whole audience.

It was an ex-girlfriwnd of his. I don't think people hated him. He seemed a peaceful bloke.

We saw his final show in Melbourne. Tour was him with a piano and a microphone (aptly named the piano and microphone tour!) and no band.

It was intimate, creative and the way he has every single person on the edge of their seats was astounding. I'm sure there's people that have been to more gigs than me, but that was a performance head and shoulders above others i've seen.

Vanity passed away a day or two before the show, and there were some heartfelt words shared which teared up the whole audience.
I probably would have given up half the concerts I’ve been to to see Prince like that.

It was an ex-girlfriwnd of his. I don't think people hated him. He seemed a peaceful bloke.
Yes, Vanity (Denise Matthews).

I enjoyed hearing this when it came out (whether or not its true).

It sounds like such a Prince thing.

Was at that concert in Melbourne and we booed him off, was atrocious.
Yeah he really was. We went to Adelaide coz tickets were easier to get, we drove over and had like a week there as a little holiday as well. Ended up U2 cancelled because one of the band, The Edge maybe, his daughter got sick and he went straight home. They rescheduled for later in the year so we went over and saw them then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To feed them, or to eat them?

Not a question I thought I'd need to be asking someone today, but here we are.
To feed them, they can’t always feed themselves.

Some days.

It is usually somewhere between 5 and 8.
happy marge simpson GIF

Sadly, some are too scared to ask, then take food when they think everybody is asleep.

Trauma around food would be one of the more regular sad things to try and help kids through.

Yeah he really was. We went to Adelaide coz tickets were easier to get, we drove over and had like a week there as a little holiday as well. Ended up U2 cancelled because one of the band, The Edge maybe, his daughter got sick and he went straight home. They rescheduled for later in the year so we went over and saw them then.
Yep, they ended up coming during cricket season instead.

We were up a level or two at Telstra Dome and an obviously heavily pregnant lady had struggled to climb up the ramps and stairs and was taking a breather leaning on the rails before heading further up to her seat in the nosebleed section. She was blowing pretty hard and a lady sitting near where she was asked if she was ok and her response was “I would have been if they had ****ing come here when they were supposed to”.

Laughed so hard I nearly needed oxygen too.

Someone really needs to piece together a collection of Margaret Thatcher sings the complete works of Phil Collins then you can get that 80s feeling back at the click of a button

Here's Margaret Thatcher in the Peter Gabriel Genesis days.

0g6vyvoy4hn61.gif

I never got into Kiss. I was pretty little when they were a thing and for some reason I found them scarey. Mind you I must have been a neurotic type because Dr Who gave me nightmares. I was utterly addicted though so had to learn to live with my fear. It’s funny watching those old episodes to realise that I was hiding behind the couch to avoid the terror of seeing an empty juice bottle covered in bubble wrap painted with green slime dragged across the floor by the BBC props department.

I stand by my reasonable grounds for terror watching Dr Who and the Garden of Evil - even now that I can see that the vast alien mass is basically a dressed up celeriac it still gives me the shivers. No wonder my mother had to fight to get us to eat vegetables.

Ah those days! The ABC test pattern. Dad showing me how to lower the needle carefully onto a record, and clean the vinyl gently before replacing in the sleeve. Getting to be banker in Monopoly. The smell of autumn leaves burning in the gutters. Fixing the passenger door of the Kingswood with coat hangers so it didn’t fall open on every left turn. Two weeks at a rental down the coast in school holidays experiment holding the TV bunny ears in every part of the room to get the cricket. The Goodies jam and scones war.

Good times!

I'd never thought of trying to blame my dislike for eating vegetables on a Doctor Who episode. Pure genius!

Do you know if there was an episode where someone got attacked by dirty dishes?

I'd never thought of trying to blame my dislike for eating vegetables on a Doctor Who episode. Pure genius!

Do you know if there was an episode where someone got attacked by dirty dishes?
Could have happened to one of the Golgafrinchams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Mount Buller Delons vs Baghdad Bombers @ The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back