Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Mt Buller Demons v Las Vegas Bears @ The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to history, Bears

View attachment 2093402
Can we refer to this current one as the 'Streakquel'?

Hello there!

I’m sure ALL OF YOU would be aware that the mighty Mt. Buller Demons have managed to set a new all-time winning streak record for the Sweet F.A. You have just witnessed actual virtual online football simulation forum history.

Incredible.

So incredible, in fact, that we’ve decided to commemorate this amazing feat by releasing our very own two set of DVDs. What better way to celebrate a significant moment in time than by releasing a set of plastic, non-biodegradable discs (which are completely outdated and represent old and notoriously poor quality media storage technology)!

Yes, we’d like to introduce you to “The Winning Streak”…

View attachment 1247930

Want to know more? Read this blurb!

“It was a twelve game streak that broke league records, reaffirmed a power side in the Sweet F.A. and set Mt. Buller on the way to a new and exciting chapter in the history of this mighty club.

Fresh from a stirring victory over Geelong in the 2004 Wizard Cup (this probably didn’t really happen but I thought I’d leave it in), the Demons of Richard Cranium would quickly establish themselves as a powerful and cohesive unit, capable of beating the very best.

There would be thrillers like the last gasp win over The Furies and the close wins against the Warriors and Roys in the Season 31 finals series. There would be exhibitions of sheer qootballing magic like the one sided destruction of the Bombers in the S31 Grand Final. In the premiership year of Season 31 Mt. Buller won its final three games. In Season 32 they would string together 9 in row to start the season.

These are those twelve wins under skipper manangatang, featuring unique talent of the calibre of Hate, Proper Gander, Tarks, pantskyle and Callums_Guns, moginie, DemonJim and sausageroll. The rookies Bluelegs, Pickitt, damicky and [he who shall not be named], blended with veterans Van_Dyke, Cooney, Yakker, cats2rise, Headless and sante. The freakish goal sense of Azarole and Heardy_101. The Samboy crumbs of jmoo wan and DERO.

Just like toilet paper in a pandemic (not sure this metaphor quite works in my favour), we’re limiting orders to one set per customer at the INSANELY POOR VALUE PRICE of $129.99 (plus shipping and handling costs).

Order now to avoid (or induce) disappointment!

Now let's all hope that the streak ends in the same, successful way that the 'other one' did...

Can we refer to this current one as the 'Streakquel'?
Bah, and here I was thinking I had a semi-original thought. Just yes, Streakquel works

To be fair, my thread didn't exactly set the league on fire.
What a segue!

You are right, The Engine Room has set the league on fire! Scythe94 is still just cruising in third gear too.

Oh no, it'll be skidding on forwards this week.
I dont mind if we skid, slide, glide or tumble as long as its to victory.

Whirling. I like whirling too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Demons

Looking forward to a clean match, good conditions
Unfortunately for you it is expected to be windy all week with bulk winning streaks continuing on Sunday
Windy GIF

Alright, so I am thinking, cats2rise taps down to Wosh who gets out a quick handball to me in space then I drill you with a pass. You go back slot the goal and we just keep doing that at every CB?
I think that's our game plan settled then.
We can’t lose.

Don't worry about bringing up the drink bottles Bears, I will personally arrange for some 'lemon' snow cones so you guys can keep hydrated up at the snow dome.

We are such a caring club like that.
Good old pineapple flavour.

Alright, so I am thinking, cats2rise taps down to Wosh who gets out a quick handball to me in space then I drill you with a pass. You go back slot the goal and we just keep doing that at every CB?
I think that's our game plan settled then.

I'm happy to share it around a bit

...not the goal kicking. That's all mine. But I'm happy for any of the mids or half forwards to pass the ball to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Mt Buller Demons v Las Vegas Bears @ The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back