Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Mt Buller Demons v Las Vegas Bears @ The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Gridley is awesome, I just got into it last week

The top rated player, ColonelGaddafi gets some insane scores, didn’t know he was such a big footy fan but it’s great to see the game invading internationally
I am not very good at Gridley but I have certainly learnt a lot in that time. It doesn’t help that the teams I follow more closely (don’t even mean west coast here) whether by design or circumstances are underrepresented

But I’m still up for the challenge
If I don’t fail a box and can use the undo strategically rather than to fix a mistake I consider that a mini win haha

I am happy to help my friend

You’ve been a great servant for the Bears and to reward your efforts you have been put in charge of posting weekly stats and game reviews as well as updating the club history thread, revamping the Stadium of the Sky in minecraft, oh and co-captaincy of the Bears alongside incoming Salty95, who is replacing the outgoing tony.

I can safely say I speak for everyone in the world when I say we can’t imagine Las Vegas without your future hard work
Sounds like way too much work

tony walk in walk out v2.gif

You’ve gone too early mate, moginie was planning on having do it breathlessly day tomorrow
Nah, I try not to get breathless on a Saturday. Too many great things to get up to.

I am not very good at Gridley but I have certainly learnt a lot in that time. It doesn’t help that the teams I follow more closely (don’t even mean west coast here) whether by design or circumstances are underrepresented

But I’m still up for the challenge
If I don’t fail a box and can use the undo strategically rather than to fix a mistake I consider that a mini win haha
Yeah for sure, definitely get a lot of new useless but interesting footy trivia

Yes that is an impressive feat
I’ve yet to be able to do that tactical undo, I submit my answers as decisively as cooney woo’s

I’ve yet to be able to do that tactical undo, I submit my answers as decisively as cooney woo’s
I have never been into gaming either so I never played any of the AFL video games - but I imagine that previously having played them would help with some more obscure answers.

Haha I used to just go for the first that I thought of but lately I've been taking more risks, which often leads to a mistake (or three).

I have never been into gaming either so I never played any of the AFL video games - but I imagine that previously having played them would help with some more obscure answers.

Haha I used to just go for the first that I thought of but lately I've been taking more risks, which often leads to a mistake (or three).
I’ll be honest even if you were into videogames I don’t think you’d play the afl ones

Go big or go home, I rate it

older footy nuffies who remember that obscure fourty gamer from the 1983 fitzroy team who kicked a bag in his 23rd game flourish with gridley, it’s their grid we’re just living in it

I’ll be honest even if you were into videogames I don’t think you’d play the afl ones

Go big or go home, I rate it

older footy nuffies who remember that obscure fourty gamer from the 1983 fitzroy team who kicked a bag in his 23rd game flourish with gridley, it’s their grid we’re just living in it
I have played two video games in my adult life. They were/are both Harry Potter related.

Ironically one of my best ever gridley efforts was my very first one. I was drawn in because that day so-happened to be Eagles-themed. These days I'm more likely to overthink it and use previous 'most popular' answers to try and guess (and avoid) other more popular ones

If said footy nuffies can not only remember those games but also work a smart phone and play the game, they have my full respect

I have been following footy since I moved to Perth when I was 11 (I'm now 35) and the games well and truly blur into one

Some of that is probably to protect my sanity

I have played two video games in my adult life. They were/are both Harry Potter related.

Ironically one of my best ever gridley efforts was my very first one. I was drawn in because that day so-happened to be Eagles-themed. These days I'm more likely to overthink it and use previous 'most popular' answers to try and guess (and avoid) other more popular ones

If said footy nuffies can not only remember those games but also work a smart phone and play the game, they have my full respect

I have been following footy since I moved to Perth when I was 11 (I'm now 35) and the games well and truly blur into one

Some of that is probably to protect my sanity
1080 on Nintendo was the last one I played:)

1080 on Nintendo was the last one I played:)
I had to google that - but I'd say it's more snowboarding experience than the rest of our team have
I can't even skateboard or surf (not for lack of trying) so snowboarding, whether virtual or not, sounds like a recipe for disaster for me

Luckily there won't be space for anyone (not even the opponents) to 'snowboard' in the dome as we employ the platypus formation and fill the gaps

Last edited:
I had to google that - but I'd say it's more snowboarding experience than the rest of our team have
I can't even skateboard or surf (not for lack of trying) so snowboarding, whether virtual or not, sounds like a recipe for disaster for me

Luckily there won't be space for anyone (not even the opponents) to 'snowboard' in the dome as we employ the platypus formation and fill the gaps
:p Gold!

Wooooo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every time I try to play wordle at all

Joel Embiid Mind Blown GIF by Mountain Dew

1725006429382.jpeg

Hmmm.... so that would make it the day after for me then.

I think I'll stick with my previous post and do it from yesterday.
I’ll be honest mate through no fault but mine I understood this post as much as I do this sign :think:
USA is generally a day behind Australia (it was Thursday when I posted it) so Moginie posting on Saturday (tomorrow for you) would've been the day after tomorrow for me.

And because it was still Thursday for me, I was doing it from yesterday from your point of view.

It kindamade sense to me 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Mt Buller Demons v Las Vegas Bears @ The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back