Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Ophidian Old Boys v Gumbies FFC @ Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Rudy's in Austin. That was my introduction to Texas BBQ. That and their "Famous Sause" which was a lot more tomatoey than the traditional Aus or NZ BBQ sauce.

Thumbs up!

Eastern NC sauce is basically a ground hot pepper + vinegar mix.

Western NC sauce starts out similar, then adds tomato ketchup and spices to end up thicker, sweeter, and closer to commercial BBQ sauces.

Both are good, though I tend to prefer the vinegar & pepper.

But the arguments over the sauces are something else!

(One BBQ aspect I completely agree with is that it's far better when slow smoked over actual wood coals. Adding wood chips to gas or electric heat never tastes the same to me.)

One of my favorite places:

It was even better when Mystery Brewing was still in business, because their taproom was right next door and you could drink there waiting for a table.

That, and I prefer having a full keyboard on which to type. Phone input methods universally suck ass.
Yeeeeeeeeeeees
finally - someone who gets me

If you do ever send me a text just a note that I'll never click a link.

I am scarred by the times I've been sent links to what I thought was some kind of livestock exchange for goats, or the time I thought I was being invited to a party with free lemonade.

I have not been the same since
^^^ underrated post ^^^

now having 'nam flashbacks of what I thought would be flesh on a microwave turntable

what did you do or say wrong this time Kenneys!?!
For Me GIF by Liz Huett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually can't imagine using a personal computer for anything. I haven't really owned and used one in like 8-10 years.

I have a work laptop which I use for work obviously, literally everything now is just built to work from your phone.
What ?
I've just worked out my phone has a volume control was thinking it's hi-tech.

Hmmm

Wikipedia vs Oxford English Dictionary.

I know which one I consider more authoritative.

Don't count- Australians eat more Pav, I mean there is only , what ? 12 thousand people in Kiwi land ?
Or are you counting the 2 million kiwis in Aus ?

Yeeeeeeeeeeees
finally - someone who gets me

Phones are handy, no doubt. But they blow chunks for actually doing anything useful, IMO.

One modern trend in tech that I can't stand: abandoning web browser interfaces in favor of phone apps.

How many of you review app permissions before installing? Why does my credit card provider app need access to my phone's location, or my contact list?

AbeSimpson-Cloud.jpg

I actually can't imagine using a personal computer for anything. I haven't really owned and used one in like 8-10 years.

I have a work laptop which I use for work obviously, literally everything now is just built to work from your phone.

<shudder>

I still love you, CatToTheFuture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Ophidian Old Boys v Gumbies FFC @ Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back