Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: Gumbies FFC v Mount Buller Demons at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, we all need to know the kind of dog now.
I agree with pet insurance, though it is wort checking coverage etc.
We got a Cocker Spaniel crossed Poodle as a 14 week rescue

My dog is a rescue. It was basically love at first sight. There was no way I was leaving the RSPCA without him.
That's the reason why I won't go there in the first place. I can't help feeling sorry for the poor things.

I wish it did. But I know that means it was Sunday for you when it was Monday for me.
This probably won't help either then... It was a national holiday yesterday so it was still my weekend when it was Tuesday for you.

That's the reason why I won't go there in the first place. I can't help feeling sorry for the poor things.
There a pet shop we usually go to when we put our dog in for grooming once a month. They alway have rescue dogs up for adoption and it's fairly usual for at least one person to be in the pet shop buying for their newly adopted famiy member.

They're always great lookig dogs. We'd really like to get one but it'll add around $10k (plus or minus, depending) to our return to Australia, probably in 2027. It;s still hard to resist though.

a great advert for pet insurance.
We got a new dog last Thursday.

But you've got to start that when they're young

The last family pet, my mum had taken out an insurance type option through the vet (local vet, and they'd looked after the first family cat after we had moved to the area and they were good folk)

When the owner sold the business, the new vet & owner came in and one of the first things he did was cancel that offering across the board - with Midnight already being over 10, she was too old to take out a new insurance policy

The "little shit" (official nickname) did cost a bit in medical costs, especially when thyroid issues were discovered - that was then a toss up between the short-term cheap option of medication but that can end up $$$$$ if they have more than a few years left and the other associated costs. Then there's surgery, but as cats have two thyroid glands, they may not know which one (or both) needs removing until opened up

Or the most expensive initial outlay is the radio-active capsule containing I131 - not a treatment that's readily available at vets, also requires your cat to be isolated for a week or two at the time of being administered and then a further couple of weeks once home with minimal contact etc

But no matter how much they cost us, we all love our pets dearly and would do anything for them

Hello I’m here, let’s get another win wooooo!
Hi fellow Gumbies who don't know who cooney is.

DON'T LET HIM GET THE BALL, EVER.

Nothing worse than hearing the away fans go "wooo" whenever he gets the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a traitor before it was cool to be a traitor.
angry-mad.gif

Melbourne is also my second team - does that count? I wish your club well.
Melbourne is my second team, too.

Although, I am vigorously opposed to having second teams.

Does having Melbourne as your second team mean know that you know more often than not you'll be able to head to the snow in September
I've only been to the snow once when I was a kid AND IT DIDN'T EVEN ****ING SNOW.

beez, what are your thoughts on everything and all that comes with it?
I am about to watch Tucker Carlson interview someone for a couple of hours about Jonestown and WWII.

I AM READY TO BE RADICALISED.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: Gumbies FFC v Mount Buller Demons at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back