Season Launch

Remove this Banner Ad

that's a bummer. No disrespect to VIP.
It is disrespectful. Their money is the same as any other company and I can't remember a sponsor contributing anything other than money or services to a footy club or helping them wins games or attracting new members.

It is disrespectful. Their money is the same as any other company and I can't remember a sponsor contributing anything other than money or services to a footy club or helping them wins games or attracting new members.
Agree with this but thats not what the bummer is about, we wanted another well known respected company to sponser us. Would give the feeling as those people believe in the path we are taking.

Nah it's not.
It's a bummer that the discussions KT and Koch were supposedly having with other majors fell through.
If VIP are getting a major sponsorship for less than market value it's not a positive thing.

Yep at the launch.

Couple of announcements next week hopefully according to KT.

He said that the companies they are negotiating with are not fussed with the season start but want to get on pre Adelaide oval.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep at the launch.

He said that the companies they are negotiating with are not fussed with the season start but want to get on pre Adelaide oval.
Interesting. I was hearing Red Bull was done so something changed very late in the piece.
I'm trying to put this into perspective because Bill Vis has been fantastic in helping out the club and I like I'm sure all of us, really appreciate it. It's just that we were led to believe that it was a new joint major sponsor but perhaps the club believed that too.
Regardless a big thanks to VIP for the continued support.

May as well open the sponsors thread:
Port Adelaide FC@PAFC 2h
KT: Proud to confirm VIP will be joint major partner with Renault for 2013 AFL season. Thanks to Bill Vis and VIP. #weareportadelaide

Just got home from the event as part of the player sponsorship entitlements. Great to meet Ford Fairlane, top bloke!

So yes, VIP are the other joint major. It was obvious that Bill Vis was more than happy to step aside for a bigger second joint, it's obvious the deal couldn't be brought across the line but please, some respect for Bill. Selfless and hugely generous man and looking the part in his port tux.

There are 1 or 2 lesser tier sponsors coming on board, hopefully that happens next week. One of which (key?) is pretty compelling and exciting moving forward Adelaide oval and beyond.Really sounds like there will be a lineup to replace VIP come next year, it's purely a FY issue with regards to marketing budgeting.

Keith Thomas spoke so so well. Talked about the ship turning over the last few months and our challenges regarding equalisation but flagged positivity about a good outcome for the club. He spoke about the Adelaide oval deal progressing and our licence saying that a positive move is imminent.

Ken Hinkley is absolutely the right man to lead this club back to glory days. His speech was stirring and spoke often in the context of "that's Port Adelaide". Ken really is Port Adelaide.

Darren and Alan spoke, nothing really new to report that we haven't heard already - pre season was tough. As it should have been.

Basically all the players were there, all looking big and sharp. We go into the season with all but two players to select from.

Overall a great night and plenty of positivity around the room. The ship really is turning.

I hope it was Red Bull. I hope they were going to sponsor us for a substantial sum of money, but were scared off by the negative sentiments expressed by some clowns on this board who think that they know more about business dealings and corporate sponsorship than Keith Thomas and David Koch. Some of you guys really need to pull your heads out of your ass and realize that in today's world, companies trawl through websites like Facebook and this forum to get a general feel of the consumer sentiment before putting pen to paper. Because rightly or wrongly, they view sites such as this as a microcosm for the general community sentiment.

"Waaah! Waaah! Red Bull don't sponsor clubs! They take them over! Waaah!" Newsflash: the AFL owns our license, and they were never going to sell it to Red Bull. They don't need to.

The AFL can, however, relocate us. We often decry the media for not backing us in, but it seems like some people on here suffer from the same disease, and don't trust those in charge of the club to have the club's best interests at heart.

Cave Johnson, we're done here.

A separate post thanking Bill Vis and the VIP group for once again supporting the best club in the country. When we were at our lowest, you came in to help steady the ship, and now you are helping us turn it around. Kudos, Mr Vis. Kudos.

I'd like to believe we were close to Red Bull but then they wanted to rebrand us and KT/Koch told them to **** awf because #WeArePortAdelaide and we don't even need you, thanks for coming.

Yep at the launch.

Wish I'd known, would have said hi. Or maybe I did! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Season Launch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back