raikkonen64

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
melb
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Well after a big nite out, i just came on the net to check the stats of the bulldogs, magpies game. Well done on the win bulldogs.
BUT THEN
i went to see the final changes for sundays game, With Fletcher not select and Henneman in, Looks like a field day coming up for Netiz, and Robbo.
bad luck bulldogs.

ORGINALLY POSTED BY Captain_Brown_7
Bulldogs deserve the finals more than Melbourne & Brisbane.

Go the Dons and Saints

First of all melbourne hasnt made it yet so we have to wait until sunday. Also the bulldogs have had a good year but how can u say that they deserve the finals more than melb remind me how many weeks have the dogs been in the 8 for this year.

demon21 said:
First of all melbourne hasnt made it yet so we have to wait until sunday. Also the bulldogs have had a good year but how can u say that they deserve the finals more than melb remind me how many weeks have the dogs been in the 8 for this year.
It's the old marathon analogy : it doesn't matter how you go during the race, it's where you finish that matters.
If at the end of the day the Demons weren't good enough to qualify for a place in the finals, but the Dogs were, then this is all that counts.

Orginally posted by Rod Stroker
It's the old marathon analogy : it doesn't matter how you go during the race, it's where you finish that matters.
If at the end of the day the Demons weren't good enough to qualify for a place in the finals, but the Dogs were, then this is all that counts.

thats right so if melb win which i think they will they deserved to make it.

Any side that is in the eight at the end of round 22 deserves to be in the 8 and any side that missed out doesn't - pretty simple really. ;)

cub said:
Any side that is in the eight at the end of round 22 deserves to be in the 8 and any side that missed out doesn't - pretty simple really. ;)

Exactly.

If Melbourne win they will have 12 wins, and will deserve it more than the Bulldogs' 11 wins.

Number 2 1961 said:
If freeo win that is ok.

If Port win they must win by 18 points for the dogs to remain alive.

Yeah I dont think Freo will be winning so I guess its how much of a fight they put up over at AAMI. I can see the dockers having a good go but in the end the Dogs might over take them and have a nervous Sunday barracking for the Dons.

Port def Freo by 30+.

Hopefully Bombers just by 1 point. ;)

deeslover4ever said:
The fact that the dees have beaten the dogs has obviously escaped your line of reasoning.

The fact Melbourne did Sweet FA for the middle part of the season must have escaped your line of reasoning.

The Bulldogs are the inform side of the competition. Over the past 6 weeks they have shown more than Melbourne has all year.

I don't know why i am even arguing the point anyway. We all know its an odd year ........... Essendon will come out and smash the Demons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Captain_Brown_7 said:
The fact Melbourne did Sweet FA for the middle part of the season must have escaped your line of reasoning.

The Bulldogs are the inform side of the competition. Over the past 6 weeks they have shown more than Melbourne has all year.

I don't know why i am even arguing the point anyway. We all know its an odd year ........... Essendon will come out and smash the Demons.

Yawn!

dees will make it and more than likely bomb out first up, they werent even good enough last year to beat a 8th placed side and they (dees) had a better side last year than this year.

Captain_Brown_7 said:

And a side that has won 9 on the trot isn't, yet belted the so called "form side" by 74 points! Interesting.

Personally, I want the Doggies to make it and then they could work there way thru to a Preliminary Final against you know who!

dave_27 said:
dees will make it and more than likely bomb out first up, they werent even good enough last year to beat a 8th placed side and they (dees) had a better side last year than this year.
Honestly...get over it. We were missing neitz and were on a crappy losing streak. Yes you won...well done...but there have been many times in the history of the game where a team has been...wait for it..."KNOCKED OUT OF THE FINALS!!!" I don’t know why you essendon supporters care so much about that game.

Thewlis Dish said:
Exactly.

If Melbourne win they will have 12 wins, and will deserve it more than the Bulldogs' 11 wins.
Yeah, pretty simple, isn't it. The teams that win the most matches during the minor round deserve to play in the finals. If the Bulldogs had won a couple of extra games, they would have undoubtedly "deserved" to be in the top 8. But, fact is, they didn't. :confused:

Cuzz09 said:
So how much do Fremantle have to lose by tonight for the Doggies to stay in?

I would rather see the Bulldogs or Fremantle in the 8 than Melbourne because the dockers and dogs are a lot more exciting to watch and could both knock off the Roos in week 1.

Hmm thats interesting, didn't melbourne beat the roos at manuka earlier this season??

yes you did but ur style of play is downright boring, and without the help of umpires, you'd go nowhere...

unless ur completely biased and a one eyed melbourne supporter, you'd realise that the bulldogs and fremantle etc are much more exciting than ur mob

At the end of the day, a finals appearance this season would be excellent, but I am fairly satisfied with what Eade has done. He took us to the Semi Final of the Wiz Fiz Cup, and has us with a slightly positive record (11-11 with 101.5%).

No matter what happens, I will still be a happy young man. Most Bulldogs supporters would be happy, so you can shove your "Season over" thread you know where.

Footscray_Fan87 said:
yes you did but ur style of play is downright boring, and without the help of umpires, you'd go nowhere...

unless ur completely biased and a one eyed melbourne supporter, you'd realise that the bulldogs and fremantle etc are much more exciting than ur mob

being BETTER is more important than being 'exciting'

The demons? a boring footy side?????
Alot has changed from r11 where we were voted most exciting style. Just go to show what sore losers, you you people are.
Just goes to show, people on bigfooty have no clue about the game itself.

We beat the team thats more than exciting than us without, Rivers, Bruce, Whelan, half Fit Netiz.
Like to have seen the damage if they played.

X_box_X said:
At the end of the day, a finals appearance this season would be excellent, but I am fairly satisfied with what Eade has done. He took us to the Semi Final of the Wiz Fiz Cup, and has us with a slightly positive record (11-11 with 101.5%).

No matter what happens, I will still be a happy young man. Most Bulldogs supporters would be happy, so you can shove your "Season over" thread you know where.

Yer me too im happy what ever happens Eade has done his job for the year
the good thing is where not in full strength yet with Darcy coming back next year :D

raikkonen64 said:
The demons? a boring footy side?????
Alot has changed from r11 where we were voted most exciting style. Just go to show what sore losers, you you people are.
Just goes to show, people on bigfooty have no clue about the game itself.

We beat the team thats more than exciting than us without, Rivers, Bruce, Whelan, half Fit Netiz.
Like to have seen the damage if they played.

As Above :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Season over bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back