Secrets you hide & Lies you keep up ... Advice for all

Remove this Banner Ad

1) Okay, I dealt with this last night, been weighing on me for long enough, apologies for the delay in responses.

I hacked Mate1's facebook (known him since high school - has the same passwords for everything), sure enough at first the conversations between him and Mate 2's missus were very dirty and obviously consensual, however after about a month it became clear through their interractions on FB that he didn't want to do it anymore and regretted and was trying to get out of it. The conversations from this point are very hard to read, even for me. Manipulative whore doesn't do Mate2's missus justice, I've never encountered a bigger mole in all my life, and to be honest, I thought she was an alright chick before all this.

Armed with this situation, I went and bought a new prepaid mobile number, screen shotted the entire conversation history, then sent the entire thing to Mate2 under the guise of an anonymous friend trying to help.

To say the perverbal has hit the fan is an understatement. But neither mate knows it was me who blabbed. So I'm in the clear... Still feel like a dog about it.

Mate2 rang me late last night, told me about the whole thing (I acted like I had no idea), said he confronted Mate1 over the phone. His engagement is off and all the rest of it. He's shattered, but more angry than anything else.

Cheers to all for the responses

However, enough of all my rubbish, share your own dirty laundry and make me feel like less of a goose.

1) Mate 1 is a dog campaigner. I would get in contact with him and tell him to get in contact with mate 2 and fess up or else you will drop the news. Either way Mate 1 is not to be trusted and undeserving of your friendship and needs to be cut loose. Be there for Mate 2 when his world comes apart.

2) Weakness is actually being too afraid to do anything about the situation and accepting that we are vulnerable. Forget about the lie down table you see in the movies and find a good councillor or confide in someone else but don't let your memory of the incident manifest into something that affects your quality of life

3) Who gives a shit? I take it you aren't married or have kids? When you eventually have joint bank accounts and a mortgage and are budgeting for stuff you'll be appreciative for every extra dollar the Mrs brings home

You were right to tell your friend about his cheating fiance (and anonymously was the ideal way). You'd have been a shit friend if you hadn't told him - he's literally planning to marry her. Far better he knows now than after marrying her (with expensive ceremony and legal bills) in front of all his family and friends let alone bound to her with children.

Last edited:
Armed with this situation, I went and bought a new prepaid mobile number, screen shotted the entire conversation history, then sent the entire thing to Mate2 under the guise of an anonymous friend trying to help.
Brilliant! You do know down the track u will probably blab drunk that u were the one that took the screenshot :D

Brilliant! You do know down the track u will probably blab drunk that u were the one that took the screenshot :D

I was going to say something along the lines of "... and the cycle continues.." or something..

Then I noticed your avatar -

So I'll say instead "... and the circle of life continues..." !

Sure - but who are we to determine what's good for others?

Okay..

Give me option one every day of the week. If you have trust issues for the rest of your life, then it seriously affects all future relationships. The likelihood of maintaining any of them becomes close to nil.

On the other hand. He's the happiest guy on earth, marries his dream girl and they live happily ever after (in his eyes). Give me this blissfully unaware feeling, than a life doomed with serious trust issues.

Wow. That's really sad.o_O

1) Okay, I dealt with this last night, been weighing on me for long enough, apologies for the delay in responses.

I hacked Mate1's facebook (known him since high school - has the same passwords for everything), sure enough at first the conversations between him and Mate 2's missus were very dirty and obviously consensual, however after about a month it became clear through their interractions on FB that he didn't want to do it anymore and regretted and was trying to get out of it. The conversations from this point are very hard to read, even for me. Manipulative whore doesn't do Mate2's missus justice, I've never encountered a bigger mole in all my life, and to be honest, I thought she was an alright chick before all this.

To say the perverbal has hit the fan is an understatement. But neither mate knows it was me who blabbed. So I'm in the clear... Still feel like a dog about it.

Mate2 rang me late last night, told me about the whole thing (I acted like I had no idea), said he confronted Mate1 over the phone. His engagement is off and all the rest of it. He's shattered, but more angry than anything else.

Cheers to all for the responses

However, enough of all my rubbish, share your own dirty laundry and make me feel like less of a goose.

Feel for your mate as its a shit thing to happen and would be difficult to deal with for anyone. Hopefully he recovers from it over time so best of luck to him.

Also hope that this somehow doesn't blow back on you in anyway as you've done what you believe is the right thing in the best interests of your mate. On the face of it you've saved him from commiting to a pretty ordinary person even if you've had to drop another mate in it to do so (and he has to carry his share of the bklame for what happened too)

Good luck with it all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need me to explain why having your entire life being built around a horrible lie that you're not aware of is less than desirable? These are the types of situations that cause "trust issues" in the first place.
If you don't know about it, then you don't have those trust issues. Anyway, the whole point of my post was that we are so quick to interfere in the lives of others. What's good for you or me, isn't necessarily good for somebody else. What right do we have to make that decision for them?

None.

If you don't know about it, then you don't have those trust issues. Anyway, the whole point of my post was that we are so quick to interfere in the lives of others. What's good for you or me, isn't necessarily good for somebody else. What right do we have to make that decision for them?

None.

Every right. What kind of ****ed up person would actually want that?

And the trust issues develop from seeing other people living their lives in the dark. It makes you question whether the same thing could happen to you. It makes me sick that there could be supposed friends that have the opinion "maybe he'll be better off not knowing".

Every right. What kind of ****** up person would actually want that?

And the trust issues develop from seeing other people living their lives in the dark. It makes you question whether the same thing could happen to you. It makes me sick that there could be supposed friends that have the opinion "maybe he'll be better off not knowing".
I'm sorry, but we have every right to be making 'what's best' decisions for others? Come off it. As to your last sentence - that is not my stance at all. You're completely fabricating what I have to say to suit your own argument. I'm simply saying - stay out of it!

I'm not surprised that I'm getting this reaction considering the tendency for people to feel need to involve themselves. It's funny - most in here would rag on reality television, yet the real reality is that's what you all crave in your own lives. Many people say they don't like the drama that certain situations involve, yet they still continually seek said drama. They just can't help themselves. We have become that way as a human race, it really is fascinating to observe.

I'm not surprised that I'm getting this reaction considering the tendency for people to feel need to involve themselves. It's funny - most in here would rag on reality television, yet the real reality is that's what you all crave in your own lives. Many people say they don't like the drama that certain situations involve, yet they still continually seek said drama. They just can't help themselves. We have become that way as a human race, it really is fascinating to observe.
I don't crave drama and I certainly don't seek it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Secrets you hide & Lies you keep up ... Advice for all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back