23. TOBY NANKERVIS
24. ZAK JONES
25. BLAKE ACRES
26. ZACH MERRETT
27. JAMES TSITAS
28. JAY KENNEDY-HARRIS
29. BLAINE JOHNSON
30. DARCY GARDINER

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ch...rospects-of-2013/story-fnelctok-1226759925435

Bomber Thompson was asked about Garlett on SEN this morning & while not committing either way as to whether they will draft him or not, he specifically stated they would not be using their 1st pick on him. Of course, it could be throwing other clubs off the scent, but he was crystal clear with the comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance we could get Cameron Giles with pick 30. Sounds like a good player, and with us adding Nahas would rather get a tall defender first and then a small maybe Honeychurch who some have us picking with out last pick.

Any chance we could get Cameron Giles with pick 30. Sounds like a good player, and with us adding Nahas would rather get a tall defender first and then a small maybe Honeychurch who some have us picking with out last pick.
He's an intriguing prospect. Has been described as an attacking, ball winning defender who can swing forward. I'm sure reigning POTY Pykie has mentioned him before as a likely type.
So far, has not been mentioned in top 30 discussion. Is he the type that is a reach at 30, but won't be there at 47?

Gee just looked at the highlights vision of Giles on the afl website and even though I know it was just highlights, he looks like he has some decent tools. Doesn't look 195cms to me but if he is then with that speed and agility he could turn out to be quite a player. Possibly in the Narni mould of defender. Seems to read the flight of the ball well and is a decent mark as well. Pykie would probably have a better idea but just going by that vision I would not mind picking him up at 30 to shore up our KPD stocks.

Gee just looked at the highlights vision of Giles on the afl website and even though I know it was just highlights, he looks like he has some decent tools. Doesn't look 195cms to me but if he is then with that speed and agility he could turn out to be quite a player. Possibly in the Narni mould of defender. Seems to read the flight of the ball well and is a decent mark as well. Pykie would probably have a better idea but just going by that vision I would not mind picking him up at 30 to shore up our KPD stocks.

Haven't watched Giles yet but I like a disciplined approach of always keeping the side structurally sound and this guy might fit that need.

An outside player or small forward shouldn't be hard to find, there are usually mature options like WA's Richardson around who look pretty sound.

But when a chance comes up to get someone who can strengthen the spine (even if they're less than glamorous) I'd be giving them priority.

That twomey phantom links us with impey, Kennedy-Harris and cripps

Interesting that he has marsh @ 30 but says a few have ruled him out and he might even slip to essendon @ 55.

Wasn't it only recently we were talking about him going @ 5 to GC?!

Whaaaaaaat, this surprises me, his an absolute freak, Im on his bandwagon already, I'd take him at pick 30 if his still available in a heartbeat. He also recorded the 5th best time of 2.78 seconds in the 20 metre sprint which is outstanding considering he is 192cm. If we are after Xfactor ability, Marsh has got plenty.

Haven't watched Giles yet but I like a disciplined approach of always keeping the side structurally sound and this guy might fit that need.

An outside player or small forward shouldn't be hard to find, there are usually mature options like WA's Richardson around who look pretty sound.

But when a chance comes up to get someone who can strengthen the spine (even if they're less than glamorous) I'd be giving them priority.

If a dashing defender bounding off the half back line is as glamorous as it gets for a defender than Giles would probably be up there I reckon. I prefer him to someone like Sully. Sully's defensive work seems solid but doesn't seem to have any outstanding attributes and I don't like his drop of the ball at all when he goes to kick.

Darcy Gardiner on the other hand seems a class above both. Does everything with poise and class, looks to have a very tight defensive game and makes good decisions with his disposal. My only knock on him is to me he looks a little slow at times but everything else he does screams class and is everything you want in a KPD. Don't know about his draft range but would we be any chance in getting Gardiner? Probably not?

Also, I'm not the best judge of talent but I see a little bit of Boomer in JKH, although he doesn't have as precise a kick as Harvey but that can be improved upon. And it might just be me but I see a tiny bit of Wells in Impey. Either way at 30 I'd be happy for either one of Gardiner, Impey, JKH, Giles, and maybe Garlett, probably in that order.

Battersby is seriously flying under the radar ATM i hope he's there at 30 so we have the option on him. He's kicking is good and his hand balls in tight are very creative. Plus he can defend on small forwards when in the back line to a very high standard.

Question? How to fit 15 names into 2 draft picks? Some good kids being mentioned as possible picks.

Although there is a lot of talk about a lack of depth in this draft, there does actually seem to be reasonable depth in small forwards and KPPs in our range. Bryce has a knack for meeting our player type needs while fluking best available so can see us doing well with any of the 15 or so mentioned in the past days.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Selections 30 + 47

Remove this Banner Ad

Back