List Mgmt. Selections 30 + 47

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is JKH talked up so much on this board and yet you hardly hear anything about Jarman Impey as a possibility at our pick 30? Don't get me wrong I like the thought of Kennedy-Harris in our team and love his personaility and attitude, and think his previous bond with McDonald is a plus. But talking on pure footballing ability and strengths and weaknesses alone, what is wrong with Impey because from the very little i've seen of both, I like the look of Impey just a little more.

These are the backs I'd consider this year for a full spot on the list:

Fraser Fort
Cameron Giles
Matt Sully
Tom Vandeleur
Jake Koldajshinji

I think any of them would be good, I think Vandeleur and Giles have really high ceilings, purely for their size/pace, they'd be my preference, I think they could compliment Thompson well down the track, Sully is safe insurance ready to go next year, Kolodjashnij is a Luke Delaney clone and Fraser Fort could be anything or nothing imo.

These are the players I'd like to see go at 30 if available:

Jay Kennedy-Harris
Cam Conlon
Dayle Garlett
Matt Crouch
Luke Dunstan
Billy Hartung
John Marsh
Jarman Impey

All have their reasons, some are just possible sliders.

JKH, Garlett and Impey all fit a need,and are 3 of the best small/half forwards for a while imo.

JKH - think Hayden Ballantyne.
Garlett - Think Byron Pickett in his early days at North
Impey - Think Michael Walters

Conlon - would fill the project ruck gap, he's eerily similar to Tyrone Vickery imo, and would of gone quite easily in the top 15 this year if he wasn't injured. Insurance for Curran as well, could be Petrie's protegee.

Crouch, Marsh, Hartung and Dunstan are sliders.

Hartung and Marsh are best suited, HArtung to give us more outside run, Marsh could be a bloody good foil for Aaron Black down the track.

Crouch and Dunstan would be steals at #30 and would have to be taken regardless of anything else.
conlon for me, take a risk and if all go well end up with guy who could be anything

You dont need to 'Reach' to 'risk'. Two different things. Someone can be highly rated but deemed riskier, Cunners and Rohan for eg.

Garner was a bit of a risk considering his shoulder injuries and from memory, lack of exposure at the top level.

Mckenzie less 'riskier' imo.

Considering other clubs overlooked him, hip injuries and low numbers, Harpers pick could well fit into the riskier of selections too.

Nice Emma Quayle story on Kennedy-Harris in the Age today. Sounds like a great kid - and it mentions Luke and how close JKH is to the MacDonald family.

I have no idea about any of the potential draftees - and history says we will pick players that haven't come up in our pre-draft discussions anyway - but it's interesting to get the background to some of the names.

Fraser Fort
Cameron Giles
Matt Sully
Tom Vandeleur
Jake Koldajshinji

I think any of them would be good, I think Vandeleur and Giles have really high ceilings, purely for their size/pace, they'd be my preference, I think they could compliment Thompson well down the track, Sully is safe insurance ready to go next year, Kolodjashnij is a Luke Delaney clone and Fraser Fort could be anything or nothing imo.

Jay Kennedy-Harris
Cam Conlon
Dayle Garlett
Matt Crouch
Luke Dunstan
Billy Hartung
John Marsh
Jarman Impey

JKH, Garlett and Impey all fit a need,and are 3 of the best small/half forwards for a while imo.

Conlon - would fill the project ruck gap, he's eerily similar to Tyrone Vickery imo, and would of gone quite easily in the top 15 this year if he wasn't injured. Insurance for Curran as well, could be Petrie's protegee.

Hartung and Marsh are best suited, HArtung to give us more outside run, Marsh could be a bloody good foil for Aaron Black down the track.

Crouch and Dunstan would be steals at #30 and would have to be taken regardless of anything else.

Agree with most here just a few comments.

Sully - a little undersized for the role we would require him for?

JKH - so small so light, long project imo, Impey the better size for AFL small?

Conlon - would love us to take a gamble here, but not with 30, that said i dont really expect him to be available at 47 :( late 30s early 40s for mine. May well be one of those who we are just not in the position pick wise to land. Also high concerns he could become Currans companion in rehab rather than his insurance.

30 - Garlett, Impey, JKH, Hartung
47 - Conlon, McStay, Harvey, Vandeleur, Tickner, Toohey

I'd think we would walk away pretty happy.

Agree with most here just a few comments.

Sully - a little undersized for the role we would require him for?

JKH - so small so light, long project imo, Impey the better size for AFL small?

Conlon - would love us to take a gamble here, but not with 30, that said i dont really expect him to be available at 47 :( late 30s early 40s for mine. May well be one of those who we are just not in the position pick wise to land. Also high concerns he could become Currans companion in rehab rather than his insurance.

30 - Garlett, Impey, JKH, Hartung
47 - Conlon, McStay, Harvey, Vandeleur, Tickner, Toohey

I'd think we would walk away pretty happy.

It feels like 2011, when we had our eyes on Ellis, Docherty, and McKenzie and would be happy with any of those. It's good not having one specific player that we are desperate for, with 3 similarly rated fast small forwards around the 30-mark and a bunch of talls in the 40s, meaning we should walk away happy like you say. Of course, the club might have a very different view on things, but through the interview process and insider knowledge, there seems to be a consensus on the small forward - key position targets. A ruckman and Benny Ross or Sherlock as rookies would round it out nicely.

Our board is having quite stress-free discussions on trading in comparison to most other clubs. Seems we are all chilled nicely after the LMac/NDS party and wouldn't be concerned if Brewis called our Elmer Fudd and Groucho Marx as our 2 selections. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fraser Fort
Cameron Giles
Matt Sully
Tom Vandeleur
Jake Koldajshinji

Jay Kennedy-Harris
Cam Conlon
Dayle Garlett
Matt Crouch
Luke Dunstan
Billy Hartung
John Marsh
Jarman Impey

No love for Cutler Pykie? Or do you think he is no chance at 30.

I want hartung. Hoping he slips to our second due to his height. He is the next boomer. Imagine in 3 years time when he begins to dominate and boomer is still going strong ;)

I want hartung. Hoping he slips to our second due to his height. He is the next boomer. Imagine in 3 years time when he begins to dominate and boomer is still going strong ;)
Nah, Colyer and Green are already the next Boomer.

Nah, Colyer and Green are already the next Boomer.

Thinking back over the years...

Any sub 175cm player is compared to Brent Harvey. Except for Ash Watson who was also the next Boomer.

Aaron James was the next Wayne Carey.

Ryley Dunn was the next Glenn Archer.

Rod Crowe was also the next Glenn Archer.

Every club in 1996 drafted ruck-forwards touted as "the next Corey McKernan".

David Trotter was the next James Hird. Make of that what you will.

Dylan Smith was the next Ben Cousins. Refer Trotter.

Not that I rate these guys.

HOW JAY CLARK AND SAM LANDSBERGER PREDICT THE TOP 30
1.Greater Western Sydney Tom Boyd (KF)
2. Greater Western Sydney Josh Kelly (Mid)
3. St Kilda Jack Billings (Fwd/Mid)
4. Western Bulldogs James Aish (Mid)
5. Gold Coast Kade Kolodashnij (Def)
6. Collingwood Matthew Scharenberg (Def)
7. Brisbane Nathan Freeman (Mid)
8. North Melbourne Luke McDonald (Def/Mid)
9. Melbourne Christian Salem (Mid)
10. Collingwood Cameron McCarthy (KF)
11. West Coast Dom Sheed (Mid)
12. Richmond Ben Lennon (Fwd-Mid)
13. Carlton Marcus Bontempelli (Mid)
14. Greater Western Sydney Lewis Taylor (Mid)
15. Sydney Rory Lobb (Ruck)
16. Geelong Blake Acres (Mid)
17. Fremantle Michael Apeness (KF)
18. St Kilda Billy Hartung (Mid)
19. St Kilda Darcy Gardiner (KD)
20. Gold Coast Zak Jones (Def/Mid)
21. Port Adelaide Jarman Impey (Fwd)
22. Brisbane Trent Dumont (Mid)
23. Adelaide Matthew Crouch (Mid)
24 Hawthorn Zach Merrett (Fwd/Mid)
25. Brisbane Daniel McStay (KD)
26. Essendon Patrick Cripps (Mid)
27. Gold Coast Jake Kolodjashnij (KD)
28. Brisbane Luke Dunstan (Mid)
29. Greater Western Sydney Tom Cutler (Def)
30. North Melbourne Jay Kennedy-Harris (Fwd)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Selections 30 + 47

Remove this Banner Ad

Back