Review Semi Final Madness: Dogs knock Hawks out in straight sets.. Who woulda thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn Photobucket. My pics in this thread are gone. I think I was rather happy about the win.

There's a chrome/Firefox add-on called Photobucket embed fix or that can dispay them again/retrieve them back.

You've had a good run. Time to let everyone else have a turn.
you take all your mod dates to Lobster Cave don't you

Was reminiscing about this with my dad tonight. In some ways it holds a greater place in my heart than any other as its when I realised it was not only possible but highly likely that we could do it. The fear and foreboding that came with Bulldogs finals games just evaporated and I was totally free to just enjoy it.

There was just something so majestic about that night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at this game. Fonder memories being at the game I do not have. I assumed we'd (our cheer squad) be at the city end but I was wrong so was amongst mostly hawks supporters but a few dogs. Still had a good seat. After being nervous in the second quarter being about 4 goals down the boys got to work and it was so much fun to watch. From Bont outsmarting Hodge twice, to Pickens 4th quarter goals to Jakey popping up with a couple ripper goals against a team that generally bullies us. Felt so content after that game, if only I'd known what was to come.

I reckon every final in hindsight feels better to relive since we went all the way- but for me, seeing all the euphoric dogs supporters on the eve of 3/4 time starting to believe we could all the way (myself included for the first time) was what made this night special. Perry sure it's also the 2nd biggest crowd to ever see the Dogs win as well (behind a certain day in Oct last year....)

Was reminiscing about this with my dad tonight. In some ways it holds a greater place in my heart than any other as its when I realised it was not only possible but highly likely that we could do it. The fear and foreboding that came with Bulldogs finals games just evaporated and I was totally free to just enjoy it.

There was just something so majestic about that night.
Definitely.

Dinner and a few drinks with friends in the city. Wandering down to the 'G in twilight. The roar of the crowd after the anthem. Bontempelli retiring Hodge. The noise when Stringer snapped one at the Punt Road End and it felt like we had it. The sense of contentment and belief.

I can't wait to be back there, but I don't know if it'll ever be the same. Just glad we got to experience it once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Semi Final Madness: Dogs knock Hawks out in straight sets.. Who woulda thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back