State of Origin Series XIX Round 1: Allies v Vic Metro at the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Game day! Allies we kick off our championship campaign with a soft kill. Lets look at some of the match ups.

Backs
I get to blanket OOB teammate and EKA winner myblueroan. I will distract her with travel talk and make her paranoid that there are actual vampires on the ground.

Mrs Turbo will use pinch and tickle moves on PhenomenalV1. Clearly the better wrestler too

damicky will tear Blaze Storm a new one! Cap is pumped to lead the Allies to another victory.

Half Backs
Ed_Gein has impressed in the lead up. Will be too good for top heavy gab213

HARPSichord will take a record intercept marks. We all know Senor M is too lazy if not kicked lace out.

grumbleguts has the big job on beez. He has a world class array of bee jokes set to bring beez downfall.

Mids
moginie has too much class for kickthething who kicks worse than Logan McDonald.

Grav will simply blow Bombers teammate Bovo up. No contest.

Irish BlueBagger has a massive tank and will run Elmer_Judd into the ground.

U2tigers in his favourite role as ruck will be too good for JT_the_Man who is too busy planning his admin campaign.

GWS Goose will be all over okeydoke7 in a resume performance.

crazywildhorse has too much pace for Muddiemoose. Will win every race to the qooty.

Half Forwards
PMBangers will actually go vs cooney

The Filth Wizard will take Gralin out at first bounce.

Strigoi will master the half forward craft and distract JackNah_8 by wearing a full hat.

Forwards
T2B_ easy win vs spudmaster in a tasty performance

ShaunDuggan has been up and about and will kick 10 against a sluggish NaturalDisaster

BRAB what he will do to James Colorado may not be entirely legal

Interchange
MayTheNorthBeWithU may actually come on and tag HARPSichord just for the fun of it.

tony is made for this role. I hear he's ordered a hit on one of the Metro players.

Coach
Today's coach will be Braklet. We're expecting some inspirational speeches!

Tip - Allies by 100 plus

For lunch?
Hungry Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

Game day! Allies we kick off our championship campaign with a soft kill. Lets look at some of the match ups.

Backs
I get to blanket OOB teammate and EKA winner myblueroan. I will distract her with travel talk and make her paranoid that there are actual vampires on the ground.

Mrs Turbo will use pinch and tickle moves on PhenomenalV1. Clearly the better wrestler too

damicky will tear Blaze Storm a new one! Cap is pumped to lead the Allies to another victory.

Half Backs

HARPSichord will take a record intercept marks. We all know Senor M is too lazy if not kicked lace out.

grumbleguts has the big job on beez. He has a world class array of bee jokes set to bring beez downfall.

Mids
moginie has too much class for kickthething who kicks worse than Logan McDonald.

U2tigers in his favourite role as ruck will be too good for JT_the_Man who is too busy planning his admin campaign.

crazywildhorse has too much pace for Muddiemoose. Will win every race to the qooty.

Half Forwards

Strigoi will master the half forward craft and distract JackNah_8 by wearing a full hat.

Forwards

ShaunDuggan has been up and about and will kick 10 against a sluggish NaturalDisaster

Interchange
MayTheNorthBeWithU may actually come on and tag HARPSichord just for the fun of it.

tony is made for this role. I hear he's ordered a hit on one of the Metro players.

Coach

Tip - Allies by 100 plus
Great write up.

I agree with every point you've made.

Backs

Half Backs

Mids

Half Forwards

Forwards

Interchange

Coach

Tip - Allies by 100 plus
GWS Goose will be crying himself to sleep, if he wakes up in time.

I’ll destroy him.

Perhaps a run in midfield for a couple of seasons will help me to clean up the rest of the awards I can’t win from FF.

There's nothing more left to be said troops. Just get out there and destroy them!

You are going down, my Irish friend. Nothing personal, but the Vic Mets are my favourite Squadron and it's an honour to represent my region with aplomb, piss and vinegar (qualities I picked up in my SFA career with the Roys)

You are going down, my Irish friend. Nothing personal, but the Vic Mets are my favourite Squadron and it's an honour to represent my region with aplomb, piss and vinegar (qualities I picked up in my SFA career with the Roys)
The Allies hired me to do a job and that's what i and we shall do.

Win, lose or draw though i'll be happy enough once the Baggers smash those Punt Road Ferals.;)

C'mon Allies.

We belong to the strongest Qootball side that has been put together in history.

A team of Champion Players joining to form a Champion Qootball team
That sounds very try hard which aligns perfectly with an Allies concept

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will be a fumble bee today. Besides he'll be on the ground with head phones on listening to Sting albums.

I remember being legitimately excited when. The Rolling stones were spruiking Windows 95.

I still member Windows 3.11 and trying to figure out what the * was that Minesweeper game was all about.

Also loved the original Commander Keen and Duke Nukem 2D platformers back then.

I remember being legitimately excited when. The Rolling stones were spruiking Windows 95.
Pffft! I remember going to see Keith Richards perform for King Oliver Creole Jazz Band 🥴

I think it was from the mid to late 90's onwards that computers became more mainstream.

Prior to that i think the only people who'd have one, would only be business people/company executives.
The commodore 64 was very popular from the late 80's early 90's

I have vague memories of the early 00's internet, but it wasn't until early 2007 that i bought my first PC.

I think back in 2001/2002 Yahoo was the most popular search engine. It's still around but hardly anyone uses it now i think!
In 97 at uni I did a whole course on using Alta Vista. That was a very early search engine that required a lot of skill.
At that stage the internet was very academic focused.
2001 the internet when bananas for personal use.
Email became standard, AoL and Yahoo had heaps personal stuff and the chat room/forums were born. Then filesharing went crazy for music and stuff.
Things like Ask Jeeves made it easier to find stuff.
Good times.
I think it is amazing to see how quickly that computers and the internet became our life, to see happen I reckon is really cool.

In 97 at uni I did a whole course on using Alta Vista. That was a very early search engine that required a lot of skill.
At that stage the internet was very academic focused.
2001 the internet when bananas for personal use.
Email became standard, AoL and Yahoo had heaps personal stuff and the chat room/forums were born. Then filesharing went crazy for music and stuff.
Things like Ask Jeeves made it easier to find stuff.
Good times.
I think it is amazing to see how quickly that computers and the internet became our life, to see happen I reckon is really cool.
A video here from the BBC from 1994. They got it so right! If the video is region blocked just set your vpn location to the UK.

GWS Goose will be crying himself to sleep, if he wakes up in time.

I’ll destroy him.

Perhaps a run in midfield for a couple of seasons will help me to clean up the rest of the awards I can’t win from FF.
I'll let you clean up my Mobbs medal if you ask nicely.
Nothing gives me more joy than bringing a smile to an old has been's face.
I'll even listen to you tell stories from a by gone era when you were still relevant and had something to live for.

I still member Windows 3.11 and trying to figure out what the * was that Minesweeper game was all about.

Also loved the original Commander Keen and Duke Nukem 2D platformers back then.
I loved minesweeper.
It did result in just about every assignment for the best part of a decade taking significantly longer than it should have!

Remove this Banner Ad

State of Origin Series XIX Round 1: Allies v Vic Metro at the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Back