State of Origin Series XIX Round 1: Western Australia v Vic Country at Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I imagine it must be hard having to live with the sad reality of living in WA compared to what you once had, I agree.
I moved across the country 4 times in 5 years and my Bendigo stint was easily the worst. Boredom etc was one thing but the racism was horrible too. Perth and your rivals Vic Metro aren’t perfect but having experienced that sort of behaviour from colleagues and ungrateful families left an especially sour taste. And perhaps that’s why I’m struggling to actually think of an actual location-based positive from my year there, in contrast to every other place I have either lived in or spent longer than a few weeks in.

I’ve been as far North as Broome , south as Albany/West Cape Howe National Park and east as Kalgoorlie/Esperance.

Not bad when motion sickness is a real limiting factor but I do want to make it to the WA/SA and WA/NT borders someday

Nope, it was meant to be regional Victoria so the Counts can eat the whole billion.

Besides, the Melbys have wasted even more money with their roads that aren't roads and their trains. They don't even have one that goes to the airport, how povo is that?
Given the delays with the Metro Tunnel I don’t even see their proposed Airport Line happening anytime soon.

As an aside our Airport Line was the perfect way to rush to the airport after work last week without worrying about peak hour or the cab fare

I don't think I've ever seen a swan. It's a kind of bird, right?
I know a guy who makes leg warmers for swans. This week, we can ring them around thier necks.

Shame I'd definitely try and put Tarkyn_24 in one
Awkward Kid GIF

Easy Crowey you not playing for SA

Awkward Kid GIF

Easy Crowey you not playing for SA
Plenty of space to hide things in the country.

Lucky we aren't playing this game at Halls Gap lots of space and places to "accidently" fall.

It's real. Bought it yesterday to toast Tonga Bob on what I thought would be his beez triumph.

It's such a thing in WA that BOTH the main flavoured milk brands have a variation:

So when I visit WA in a couple of months, I have to add that to my must try list?

Talking about Tarkyn_24 ? Oh do I have a story for you!

Wait our usual narrator serial_thrilla has defected to the dark side? 😱
Must be a relief for serial that he finally doesn’t have to defend your outlandish behaviour.

No wonder he yearns for SOO so deeply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been as far North as Broome , south as Albany/West Cape Howe National Park and east as Kalgoorlie/Esperance.

Not bad when motion sickness is a real limiting factor but I do want to make it to the WA/SA and WA/NT borders someday
West Cape looks phenomenal as someone who loves National Parks, gives me Wilson's Prom vibes. Sounds like kryptonite for your motion sickness though.

Given the delays with the Metro Tunnel I don’t even see their proposed Airport Line happening anytime soon.

As an aside our Airport Line was the perfect way to rush to the airport after work last week without worrying about peak hour or the cab fare
Does Perth actually have a peak hour?

Ruckmen are in vogue at the moment when it comes to squeezing an extra one in despite lack of recent form to back it up, just ask your teammate ClarkeM
What's this all about ClarkeM ? Are you the Luke Power of the Counts ruck equivalent to Brisbane's Fab 5.

And everywhere is a melting pot according to your dashboard temperature monitor!
Apart from Bendigo apparently.

I moved across the country 4 times in 5 years and my Bendigo stint was easily the worst. Boredom etc was one thing but the racism was horrible too. Perth and your rivals Vic Metro aren’t perfect but having experienced that sort of behaviour from colleagues and ungrateful families left an especially sour taste. And perhaps that’s why I’m struggling to actually think of an actual location-based positive from my year there, in contrast to every other place I have either lived in or spent longer than a few weeks in.
Need Test Tickle to sort them out.

senhor.gif

West Cape looks phenomenal as someone who loves National Parks, gives me Wilson's Prom vibes. Sounds like kryptonite for your motion sickness though.
It was indeed stunning though it was years ago. The motion sickness has just worsened since then so I don’t see myself returning anytime soon.

Apart from Bendigo apparently.

Need Test Tickle to sort them out.

View attachment 2030469
I almost nominated Test Tickle ’s kindness at one of the most difficult times of my life as a positive but he was also kind to me before I moved so I don’t think my location was a factor there

Also topical given this ruck talk as Testy is one of the best around

Does Perth actually have a peak hour?
Yep. It was 1987, when we hosted the America's Cup (as opposed to paying a billion dollars not to host it). Man the place was hog wild.

Then the mining boom happened and we've been peaking ever since.

I almost nominated Test Tickle ’s kindness at one of the most difficult times of my life as a positive but he was also kind to me before I moved so I don’t think my location was a factor there

Also topical given this ruck talk as Testy is one of the best around
He's a good egg is Testy. Actually two good eggs.

senor 4.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back