State of Origin Series XIX Round 2 - Vic Metro vs Vic Country at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2035496

With both Victorian teams losing on the road first up the battle of the big V's shapes as an important Round 2 that could decide the fate of one team very early in Series XiX

Last Time They Met
View attachment 2035570
Round 5 of Series XVIII saw Vic Country scrape home by 4 points, but it wasn't enough to claw the spot in the grand final out of their rivals clutches. A close match ended with beez fumbling the kick out at full back and brahj swooping for the go ahead goal, DemonJim missing a late chance to grab back the lead before the siren sounded.

Keys to Success
Vic Country got good output from their debutants with TheGoatBaron (3.3) Pamcake1 (2.2) and Ocha905 (1.0) all hitting the scoreboard. Midfield numbers were down and the coaches would be expecting more from the All-SFA Captain Robertio this week, a big game from him and a couple of other quiet veterans to go with the enthusiasm of the kids could be the recipe for success

Vic Metro were seconds from a draw or win with gab213 beaten by the siren while going for goal, the half forward was too much for the Allies with 23 Disposals and 4.1 from the half forward flank in Round 1. The midfield got a lot of the qooty with 5 players getting 27 or more disposals, leading all comers was ruck JT_the_Man with 31. Metro will want that sort of dominance to translate into better scoreboard pressure, but 4 goals from that midfield group would make the coaches happy

Captains Please note Team Sheets are due by 11:59pm AWST Monday 1st July
James Colorado okeydoke7 Pie 4 Life FootyGuy13
Forgot to say, I'm still in mourning losing yesterday. I can only imagine how our more crowded brethren feel losing by a single point. Whose fault was that?

Can you imagine having to play for Country?

You wouldn't be able to eat anything nice lest you run around looking like Jake Stringer.

White jumpers....<shudder>
Works ok to me -

France Sport GIF by UEFA

Michael Jordan Shrug GIF by NBA

Big Bash Cricket GIF by Madman Films

Forgot to say, I'm still in mourning losing yesterday. I can only imagine how our more crowded brethren feel losing by a single point. Whose fault was that?
I blame Mobbs

Hey Counts,

A brilliant bit of technology you should research. It’s called a dishwasher. Makes life pretty easy for us city slickers. You should try it some time.
So good, you just put all the dishes in it press a button and then everything is clean!

I do love pulling up to my house and just heading straight inside.

What a pain in the ass to get out of the car, open the gate, drive in, get out of the car, close the gate, get back in the car, pull up to the house, then get inside.

Last edited:
Great recover run this morning by Vic Country. The lush running track at Halls Gap really makes your legs work.

vic country.jpg

I was impressed with Pamcake1, Jabba73, Wosh, ClarkeM, Pie 4 Life, TheGoatBaron, and Ocha905 who kept up with me and obviously are taking the SoO seriously.

All those behind Robertio, who was hung over after a huge night on the Guinness to forget about our first loss, need to lift their game if they want to survive this competition and taste success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not since the Light vs Dark decider have Wosh and I been on opposing sides

It's a strange feeling but then I remember I get accused of being a serial killer for using dark mode and I start sharpening my elbows in preparation for the game

Not since the Light vs Dark decider have Wosh and I been on opposing sides

It's a strange feeling but then I remember I get accused of being a serial killer for using dark mode and I start sharpening my elbows in preparation for the game

More like sharpening your knives amirite SK?

Can you imagine having to play for Country?

You wouldn't be able to eat anything nice lest you run around looking like Jake Stringer.

White jumpers....<shudder>
Becomes more interesting when it rains

Hey Counts,

A brilliant bit of technology you should research. It’s called a dishwasher. Makes life pretty easy for us city slickers. You should try it some time.
That’s why we have kids, much cheaper than paid labour

beez may be a gentle soul but he's got a rock hard qooty body
You need to stop touching the trophy named after him, it is not him … the real beez is as hard as melted butter

More like sharpening your knives amirite SK?
Depends who my opponent is ;)
You need to stop touching the trophy named after him, it is not him … the real beez is as hard as melted butter
hey jabba, were you aware that in the city we have this thing called refrigeration which allows us to keep butter rock hard year round the way god intended?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back