State of Origin Series XVIII Round 4: Western Australian vs Allies @ Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive got a Mobbs medal. Also a further 2 podiums.

I wrack up mobbs votes quicker than WA's favourite Gina dubiously disherits family members
Congratulation, you have as many Mobbs Medals as Freofalcon does

Neither were as elegant as the true GOAT Shaun Marsh.
Whenever I think of Shaun Marsh. I keep thinking back to that series against India where we smashed them 4-0. All the batsmen were piling on runs, and Shaun Marsh scored 17 runs for the series at an average of 2.83.

Whenever I think of Shaun Marsh. I keep thinking back to that series against India where we smashed them 4-0. All the batsmen were piling on runs, and Shaun Marsh scored 17 runs for the series at an average of 2.83.
Just such an enigmatic player, so consistent at first class level but struggled for Australia in tests, except for that one Ashes series in 18/19 where he was second best to Smith.
He just always had the yips, or a hamstring injury, or something and couldn't quite crack it. I think that's part of the beauty of test match cricket.

Just such an enigmatic player, so consistent at first class level but struggled for Australia in tests, except for that one Ashes series in 18/19 where he was second best to Smith.
He just always had the yips, or a hamstring injury, or something and couldn't quite crack it. I think that's part of the beauty of test match cricket.
Don't think he played in the 2019 series or any of the Ashes in England, that was Smith and Marnus carrying the batting.
He was good in 2017 but the Ashes were in Australia so England were naturally pathetic.

Strange career, he'd score the most brilliant century in one away test against South Africa's pace attack and then the next test he'd be out for a pair, and every time he looks like he'll run into some solid form he'd get injured.

Don't think he played in the 2019 series or any of the Ashes in England, that was Smith and Marnus carrying the batting.
He was good in 2017 but the Ashes were in Australia so England were naturally pathetic.

Strange career, he'd score the most brilliant century in one away test against South Africa's pace attack and then the next test he'd be out for a pair, and every time he looks like he'll run into some solid form he'd get injured.
Wasn't 2019 the series where Shaun & Mitch scored a century each in the same Test?

Hang on, we cant forget about the 3rd best no.6 of all time Mitch Marsh.

Hes Grand Uncle Horace 's favourite West Aussie
Very true.

So in summary the most recent Mobbs Medallist, beez Trophy winner, SoO champions AND person to score a Test hunderd have come from WA.

Wasn't 2019 the series where Shaun & Mitch scored a century each in the same Test?
It was the 17-18 ashes, the series before sandpaper gate. Marsh scored a crucial century in Brisbane, I think England were on top before that.
And then England's will eventually weakened and we won 4-0.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep at the best cricket arena in the world the Waca
I thought that was at the WACA too but it was actually at the SCG when I checked.

WACA test was when England scored 400 batting first and we still beat them by an innings. Smith scored 239 and Mitch marsh scored 180.

It was the 17-18 ashes, the series before sandpaper gate. Marsh scored a crucial century in Brisbane, I think England were on top before that.
And then England's will eventually weakened and we won 4-0.
Smith scored a century in Brisbane, then Marsh was MOTM in the Adelaide day nighter.

Oh didn't know this. So my initiative to revive State of Origin turned you into an active poster in the SFA for seasons to come?

Another reason for why I am indeed the GOAT 2x Admin 🥳
To go with the fact that
The Filth Wizard is the GOAT poster according to all time beez votes, and All-SFA with 14 selections.
Dingster Is the GOAT recruiter.
ShaunDuggan is the GOAT SFAEW IC Champion
damicky Is the GOAT cheese
GWS Goose is the GOAT 0-time All-SFA Qooty player

Is there any category where the Allies are not the GOAT?

:goat::goat::goat::goat::goat:

Funnily enough, everyone on this list just became a recruiting target for the Baghdad Bombers and papa juggs

I thought that was at the WACA too but it was actually at the SCG when I checked.

WACA test was when England scored 400 batting first and we still beat them by an innings. Smith scored 239 and Mitch marsh scored 180.

Smith scored a century in Brisbane, then Marsh was MOTM in the Adelaide day nighter.
Are you googling this, or is your memory just that good? That does make sense though.
It must have been a damn good 51 from Marsh the way I remember it. (Slight bias) :tearsofjoy:

Oh didn't know this. So my initiative to revive State of Origin turned you into an active poster in the SFA for seasons to come?

To go with the fact that
The Filth Wizard is the GOAT poster according to all time beez votes, and All-SFA with 14 selections.

How many championships have the Allies won?

Know how many we've won?

YellowOilyDoe.webp

For the rest of the night I'll be posting videos of memorable WA cricketers, starting with one of my sporting heroes.

Are you googling this, or is your memory just that good? That does make sense though.
It must have been a damn good 51 from Marsh the way I remember it. (Slight bias) :tearsofjoy:
I did remember some points, Smith scoring the century at Brisbane and Marsh scoring the century at Adelaide.

I thought both Marshes scoring centuries happened at the WACA but wasn't sure so googled.

How many championships have the Allies won?

Know how many we've won?

YellowOilyDoe.webp
That's nice. How many will you win in 2023?

None. Because you'll be kicked out of grand final contention after the Allies smash you by 150 points.

Sport Cricket GIF by The Hundred

Last edited:
Greenery - KP will post this @ 5.13pm ⬇️⬇️⬇️

It will be very popular with your Western Australian mates

To go with the fact that

Remove this Banner Ad

State of Origin Series XVIII Round 4: Western Australian vs Allies @ Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back