Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 24, 2004
The Dom
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
HŠK Zrinjski Mostar
I said 4 or 5 weeks ago he was out of form and needs a run in the magoos, posters got upset and said no way he's leading the coleman medal. Well it's obvious now he's either out of form or injured either way he needs a rest...drop him.

I was one of those. After today I'm closer to your opinion but I still dont drop him.

If he's injured, our season is over so simply dont play him.

Sorry as tough as it is, he needs a spell.

Remember when we dropped Joel Bowden, he came back and played the rest of the season in great form.

besides, Vickery is out best FF at the moment.

I agree, there's something wrong with Jack this year. And, I am wondering whether he is injured.

I read it elsewhere that he has been carrying an injury for a number of weeks but is being played despite it

He is fast becoming Richo MKII. His overinflated ego prevents him from doing the team thing and is making him a liability on match day. If he is injured, he shouldn't be playing. It is an indictment on Riewoldt for wanting to play, the selection panel for selecting him when he is obviously not right, and Damien Hardwick for allowing him to play. Harden the **** up and take charge Dimma.

I made up a thread about this same topic and copped it verbally. The case for him being dropped is growing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs a rest of some sort. Hard to know if it's just injury, or if there is an element of ego involved.

Playing with that semi-intent, as if to say... if you beat me one on one, it's because I wasn't trying.

I said 4 or 5 weeks ago he was out of form and needs a run in the magoos, posters got upset and said no way he's leading the coleman medal. Well it's obvious now he's either out of form or injured either way he needs a rest...drop him.

While he still has a bit of currency left we could trade him at the end of the year. With the floating pick from Tambo, that would give us 4 picks in the top 20. Hawthorn did this and look what happened to them. We have guns like Deludio, Cotch, Martin, Conca, Batchelor, Grimes. We are 3-4 years away from challenging so lets build it up while we can. We have seen Jack is a real b8tch when things don`t go his way so lets cut him loose

I can't comprehend how people say we are 3-4 years away from challenging... There are another 17 teams in the comp, we could be another 10 years away from challenging. By then all our elite players will be finished and towards the end of their careers.

I don't know what the answer is, but Richmond need to start waking up.

Looks injured to me, the 'ego' side of it is probably a result of the former. No penetration on the kicks, hobbling, no real athleticism, and as a result he's not having any influence. Makes absolutely zero sense why he's playing when we're not even playing for finals.

While he still has a bit of currency left we could trade him at the end of the year. With the floating pick from Tambo, that would give us 4 picks in the top 20. Hawthorn did this and look what happened to them. We have guns like Deludio, Cotch, Martin, Conca, Batchelor, Grimes. We are 3-4 years away from challenging so lets build it up while we can. We have seen Jack is a real b8tch when things don`t go his way so lets cut him loose

I have to say I agree, re: trading Jack at years end. I know this is going to be highly controversial, but I believe it would be win-win if we could offload Jack to GWS. We could get a couple of high first round draft picks and they would have a forward and a marquee player. We need to make some bold moves if we are going to be serious about this re-build. We could add another gun midfieder and gun KPP which we desperately need (yes, more than a gun FF!!). No point trading a good midfelder to pick up another midfielder in the draft. We don't need a gun FF at this stage in our development, we need a better midfield, KPP's and a ruck.

absolutley deplorable, quite probably cost us the game with with his futile marking attempts and innaccuracy with his 3 shots on goal...lord knows what's happened I for one dont buy injury...how does that affect his fumbled attempt at overhead mark...and fumbled attempt at trapping a loose ball...Just plain JReadful:thumbsdown:

Having him sit out the game against Geelong would be a good move providing he is actually carrying an injury. It seems pretty obvious hes not himself, playing for free kicks, not holding marks and missing easy set shots. He hasnt been backing himself with the ball in hand either. Last year hed often try to turn the opposition inside out close to the boundary to open up some options, today I watched him almost subside to the fact he was going to be run down and go for the back door (where the ball goes from hand to hand with no incentive until the ball is turned over).

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously about Jack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back