Seriously about Jack

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacks not suited to our new forward plan of flood the forward line, kick in long and hope.
We need to find a way of opening it up mid game and look to hit leads and give Jack room to move and 1on1's

I have to say I agree, re: trading Jack at years end. I know this is going to be highly controversial, but I believe it would be win-win if we could offload Jack to GWS. We could get a couple of high first round draft picks and they would have a forward and a marquee player. We need to make some bold moves if we are going to be serious about this re-build. We could add another gun midfieder and gun KPP which we desperately need (yes, more than a gun FF!!). No point trading a good midfelder to pick up another midfielder in the draft. We don't need a gun FF at this stage in our development, we need a better midfield, KPP's and a ruck.

I'll have you for plagiarism! I said almost exactly the same thing weeks ago (although I think I suggested he could go to the Swans, since they don't have a forwardline to speak of). Sadly, though, I can see us hanging onto him for another two or three seasons, and trading him for pick 33 to St Kilda or something.

There is no way we should trade Jack Riewoldt.

No way.

Mids are dime-a-dozen. I would prefer to trade Deledio, Foley, etc before Riewoldt. People have short memories about how good this guy is.

There is no way we should trade Jack Riewoldt.

No way.

Mids are dime-a-dozen. I would prefer to trade Deledio, Foley, etc before Riewoldt. People have short memories about how good this guy is.

Oh, yeah, that's right, it's the supporters' fault for not remembering him being a great player. He's an idea: Jack Riewoldt can go out there and show us!

Looks injured, and more to the point, looks like he come into the game injured!

Surely the coaching staff would have thought this week was the week we could afford to rest him.

Playing injured players is a recipe for disaster. Unless he somehow gets better in the next few days he must be rested. Being forced to play when injured has ruined so many careers. Why risk that with a guy who can be a gun???

I love the way supporters on here are so quick to love him when he wins a coleman, then jump all over him when he's having a rough trot, theres no doubt he has attitude problems, but that can be fixed, but............ HE'S BEEN INJURED FOR A MONTH NOW!!!! Thanks to gus in a training run he has a couple of cracked ribs, yet is STILL leading the coleman. He's a star. Time now that the season is over that he rehabs before it gets any worse.

Why on earth would you trade a known star of the game for a couple of first rounders who, if we don't choose wisely could be a couple of duds. Better to offload the known weaker players for picks further down the draft.

I almost fell off my chair at the suggestions here......

Jack can probably play other positions than full forward, perhaps on a wing ala Richo. He is actually a very smart player up the ground and uses the ball well. With Vickery and Griffiths coming along I don't think we are as stagnate in our forward positioning as we were last year. It just wasn't so much of a issue last year as Jack was in super form.

Jack has so much more currency than just his forward play as many people come just to see him play. Yes he hasn't been as dominate this year but was still doing quite nicely up until 4 weeks ago. Even though he hasn't kicked as many goals he has probably been more instrumental in goal assists.

It was only 12 months ago that he was setting the world on fire.

I love the way supporters on here are so quick to love him when he wins a coleman, then jump all over him when he's having a rough trot, theres no doubt he has attitude problems, but that can be fixed, but............ HE'S BEEN INJURED FOR A MONTH NOW!!!! Thanks to gus in a training run he has a couple of cracked ribs, yet is STILL leading the coleman. He's a star. Time now that the season is over that he rehabs before it gets any worse.

Very close this. :thumbsu:. Cue is close to the rack

Very close this. :thumbsu:. Cue is close to the rack

Cue should have been in the rack last game... But now we are a certainty to finish out of the 8 and most likely bottom 4.. Get everyone ready for Day 1 of preseason IMO.. Don't care if we lose every game for the rest of the year, as long as we are 100% ready for the most physical preseason in Tiger history...

Not the sort of thing that should be openly discussed on a public board really but lets just say he probably shouldnt have played the past 4 weeks IMHO. That said lets trade the bloke he's a spud, great idea. Seriously this board is getting incapable of generating sensible discussion at times. Last week Deledio this week Riewoldt...we are all pissed off with the current form but FFS lets inject some footy nouse in here occassionally please!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, yeah, that's right, it's the supporters' fault for not remembering him being a great player. He's an idea: Jack Riewoldt can go out there and show us!

He is still second on the goal kicking even though he's way out of touch injured or whatever, only a fool would trade away a KPP like Reiwoldt, some of you so called supporters amaze me, if he had kicked a bag on the weekend you would have been singing his praises, unbelievable!

He is fast becoming Richo MKII. His overinflated ego prevents him from doing the team thing and is making him a liability on match day. If he is injured, he shouldn't be playing. It is an indictment on Riewoldt for wanting to play, the selection panel for selecting him when he is obviously not right, and Damien Hardwick for allowing him to play. Harden the **** up and take charge Dimma.

I'm speechless... Don't even know where to start on this.

[L]ets trade the bloke he's a spud, great idea.

No, a "spud" is someone you delist - we've delisted enough of them that you should be more than familiar with that by now; Jack Riewoldt is not a spud (in fact, nobody has said he is) but he does have currency, and, with the picks we could get for him, we could begin to build the solid midfield / ruck division that we so sorely lack. The other thing is that Riewoldt may in fact benefit from being at another club where he would be surrounded by a few wise heads who can put him in his place, and not see him carry on like a bit of a prat.

No, a "spud" is someone you delist - we've delisted enough of them that you should be more than familiar with that by now; Jack Riewoldt is not a spud (in fact, nobody has said he is) but he does have currency, and, with the picks we could get for him, we could begin to build the solid midfield / ruck division that we so sorely lack. The other thing is that Riewoldt may in fact benefit from being at another club where he would be surrounded by a few wise heads who can put him in his place, and not see him carry on like a bit of a prat.

Spud delist would be consistent with most of the other idiotic comments I've read in this thread and with a recruiting strategy like that you have a great future in football...wasted doing what you currently are. Give Franics Jackson a buzz and suggest just that

JR#8 said:
Struggled to kick further than 45M yesterday. Also, I really can't stand watching him with his shitty arse body language when things are going shit.

Do you suspect that perhaps frustration with not being able to do what you usually can because of serious injury restiction but yet still playing to help out your team might explain this??? Another BF profound thinker.

Our deficiency is obvious to all and sundry but its a long season so finding a weekly scapegoat is pointless. Suck it up or take up darts.

Not the sort of thing that should be openly discussed on a public board really but lets just say he probably shouldnt have played the past 4 weeks IMHO. That said lets trade the bloke he's a spud, great idea. Seriously this board is getting incapable of generating sensible discussion at times. Last week Deledio this week Riewoldt...we are all pissed off with the current form but FFS lets inject some footy nouse in here occassionally please!

TT, is that in your humble opinion or what you know...:confused:

Do you suspect that perhaps frustration with not being able to do what you usually can because of serious injury restiction but yet still playing to help out your team might explain this??? Another BF profound thinker.

Our deficiency is obvious to all and sundry but its a long season so finding a weekly scapegoat is pointless. Suck it up or take up darts.

:thumbsu: This x100
Good to see there's not only 16yr old headhunters on here

I have to say I agree, re: trading Jack at years end. I know this is going to be highly controversial, but I believe it would be win-win if we could offload Jack to GWS. We could get a couple of high first round draft picks and they would have a forward and a marquee player. We need to make some bold moves if we are going to be serious about this re-build. We could add another gun midfieder and gun KPP which we desperately need (yes, more than a gun FF!!). No point trading a good midfelder to pick up another midfielder in the draft. We don't need a gun FF at this stage in our development, we need a better midfield, KPP's and a ruck.

It's highly controversial because it's dumb. How do you know we would get a marquee player in a supposed super weak draft? Sounds like the only elite players will be Patton and Coniglio. GWS wouldn't part with them for Jack. Also newsflash, Jack in good form and not injured (which he clearly is right now, just look at how he moves across the ground) is a marquee player. You don't draft good players, develop them into stars and trade them off at 22, 23, etc. Also why talk of trading Deledio is ridiculous unless we got a crazy good deal (highly unlikely). We need to get rid of the duds who have had 5, 6, 7 years in the system and still are ordinary like White, Edwards, Jackson and co.

Season is shot, Jack should be rested and get him ready for a good preseason in 2012. This thread is an embarrassment.

It's highly controversial because it's dumb. How do you know we would get a marquee player in a supposed super weak draft? Sounds like the only elite players will be Patton and Coniglio. GWS wouldn't part with them for Jack. Also newsflash, Jack in good form and not injured (which he clearly is right now, just look at how he moves across the ground) is a marquee player. You don't draft good players, develop them into stars and trade them off at 22, 23, etc. Also why talk of trading Deledio is ridiculous unless we got a crazy good deal (highly unlikely). We need to get rid of the duds who have had 5, 6, 7 years in the system and still are ordinary like White, Edwards, Jackson and co.

Season is shot, Jack should be rested and get him ready for a good preseason in 2012. This thread is an embarrassment.

I said WE would get high draft picks and THEY would get a marquee player, something they would be prepared to pay a premium for, hence the WIN-WIN scenario. I suggest you read it properly before you go off on a rant. However I agree its crazy trading Deledio as I cant see the point of trading an elite midfielder to draft another midfielder. A FF is not a critical need for us at the moment, compared to midfield, KPP and ruck. A FF is one of the last pieces of the puzze. Refer to Geelong. Anyway it won't happen. We will just continue to search for future stars late in the draft to plug our holes and we all know how that has been working out for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously about Jack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back