Setka Resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of the safety inspections are fixed too. They word up a couple of members on site to do certain things they're not supposed to so that the CFMEU can come in and notice it and stop work until they get what they want.

Oh look, somebody spilled petrol in this area, or moved a fire extinguisher which is supposed to be there. Miraculously it's all back to normal and the fire extinguisher goes back to gathering dust in the same place for weeks or months until the next time the CFMEU has a bone to pick.
Banning Boral from delivering concrete to site because their concrete trucks are "unsafe" because Boral dared to deliver to Grocon who was on the CFMEU's banned list.
Blocking toilets with expanding foam and then walking off site because they can't go to the toilet.
Walking off site when it is raining even though they are working inside.
Etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, not convicted criminals who have done their time.

ACTIVE criminals who are obviously active. To be Health and Safety representatives with no prior training or experience in such a role. Paid CEO level salaries to do these jobs they are horrendously unqualified to do.

Being a convicted criminal who has served their time is not the issue in the example raised. This was a person, who may or may not have been previously convicted of a crime and/or been to prison, using the equipment provided in their publicly funded role to conduct criminal activities and seek medical attention thereafter.

They're not the same thing, so I have no idea why you think this question is relevant.

And it's happened once... That we know about.

So what has the union got to do with the activities of 1 person?

art of this is about hiring convicted criminals that are still engaging in criminal activity.

So you are saying the Union actively recruited and supported this persons criminal activity???

Yeah, not convicted criminals who have done their time.

ACTIVE criminals who are obviously active. To be Health and Safety representatives with no prior training or experience in such a role. Paid CEO level salaries to do these jobs they are horrendously unqualified to do.

Can ask if it’s so obvious that they are active, why aren’t they arrested.
Are you saying the Union is actively hiding Criminal activity?

So you are saying the Union actively recruited and supported this persons criminal activity???
There is enough anecdotal evidence of numerous forms of s**housery by the CFMEU that I am in no doubt this is not limited to one person. Can it be proved, probably not, but I wholeheartedly disagree with the implication in the first comment above, and have a strong suspicion that the answer to the second question is Yes.

You could say that for bikie gangs and the illegal ciggie cartels as well.

The absence of enough evidence to prosecute does not confirm the absence of illegal activity. I'm sure you already know this though.

The Unions recruited people with the ability to be standover men as "Health and Safety representatives"/"Shop Stewards" with little or no health and safety qualifications and ignored any criminal activity they took part in as long as it didn't conflict with the CFMEU.

If the union are threatening violence to ensure all worksites are CFMEU-only, I would say they are actively participating in criminal activity.

And what Couch Coach said

There is enough anecdotal evidence of numerous forms of s**housery by the CFMEU that I am in no doubt this is not limited to one person. Can it be proved, probably not, but I wholeheartedly disagree with the implication in the first comment above, and have a strong suspicion that the answer to the second question is Yes.

So no real evidence … So it’s just the Vibe …. Got ya

The Unions recruited people with the ability to be standover men as "Health and Safety representatives"/"Shop Stewards" with little or no health and safety qualifications and ignored any criminal activity they took part in as long as it didn't conflict with the CFMEU.

Hopefully if these criminal activities are proven then the people involved are convicted.

Can I ask where is the evidence of your claims?

If? …. Ok we are back with the vibe of the thing.
The vibe.

Should this sort of behaviour be permitted? The kid did nothing wrong - he just wanted to work in construction. He wasn't trying to make an ideological point about freedom of association, he just worked for the "wrong" company for a while. So he was locked in a shed for four hours.

Nick McKenzie doesn't report vibes. He reports facts. This is who the CFMEU are, and it has happened with the Victorian Labor Government's approval.

If you are happy with that, then that's how it is. You're not the drug dealer, but you're the guy who is happy for the taxpayer to pay for his car.

The vibe.

Should this sort of behaviour be permitted? The kid did nothing wrong - he just wanted to work in construction. He wasn't trying to make an ideological point about freedom of association, he just worked for the "wrong" company for a while. So he was locked in a shed for four hours.

Nick McKenzie doesn't report vibes. He reports facts. This is who the CFMEU are, and it has happened with the Victorian Labor Government's approval.

If you are happy with that, then that's how it is. You're not the drug dealer, but you're the guy who is happy for the taxpayer to pay for his car.
The fiery mother of two was unaware that the Indigenous company which had given her son his first start, Marda Dandhi – run by proud Mandandanji man Danny Miller – had been targeted by the CFMEU, or that a union organiser had, many months earlier, threatened to bash Miller along with another of Ben’s bosses, labelling the pair “dogs”.
Despite initially securing CFMEU and Australian Workers’ Union support, the former turned on them. The change in attitude is made clear in covert footage of two senior construction union officials, filmed in March 2022 on a publicly funded Big Build project.
The film records senior CFMEU Indigenous organiser Joel Shackleton repeatedly threatening to violently bash Miller, telling him he would “f---ing end you, c--- and you know it, don’t f--- with me. I’ll f---ing take your soul and I’ll rip your f---ing head off. Don’t f--- with me, c---. F--- you. You’re a f---ing dog.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully if these criminal activities are proven then the people involved are convicted.

Can I ask where is the evidence of your claims?
The ABCC existed from 2016–2022 and in those 7 years:
  1. Issued fines of $16.1M
  2. Found the CFMEU guilty of over 150 crimes
List of key cases:

So an average of $2.3M fines per year and 21 guilty verdicts

Since the ABCC was abolished the active cases were transferred to the FWO.

In the 2 years since the FWO transfer of the ABCC cases:
  1. No new cases have been started in 18 months
  2. 30% of the existing ABCC cases were dropped
  3. $2.9M in new fines but the FWO waived the fine collection
"Attorney General Mark Dreyfus stopped the ABCC from enforcing a $500,000 costs order against the CFMEU"

So currently there is not an authority that cares to follow up on any issues.

Case in point:
  • 19 year old dies in part to bullying
  • Jacinta Allan notified and take over a year to respond
  • JA forwards it to the FWO
  • FWO notified earlier
  • FWO has not responded at all in over a year
And yes I do have evidence and have reported it in the past but their has been zero follow up from the FWO who i reported it to.

The ABCC existed from 2016–2022 and in those 7 years:
  1. Issued fines of $16.1M
  2. Found the CFMEU guilty of over 150 crimes
List of key cases:

So an average of $2.3M fines per year and 21 guilty verdicts

Since the ABCC was abolished the active cases were transferred to the FWO.

In the 2 years since the FWO transfer of the ABCC cases:
  1. No new cases have been started in 18 months
  2. 30% of the existing ABCC cases were dropped
  3. $2.9M in new fines but the FWO waived the fine collection
"Attorney General Mark Dreyfus stopped the ABCC from enforcing a $500,000 costs order against the CFMEU"

So currently there is not an authority that cares to follow up on any issues.

Case in point:
  • 19 year old dies in part to bullying
  • Jacinta Allan notified and take over a year to respond
  • JA forwards it to the FWO
  • FWO notified earlier
  • FWO has not responded at all in over a year
And yes I do have evidence and have reported it in the past but their has been zero follow up from the FWO who i reported it to.

So what have the police done?

Banning Boral from delivering concrete to site because their concrete trucks are "unsafe" because Boral dared to deliver to Grocon who was on the CFMEU's banned list.
Blocking toilets with expanding foam and then walking off site because they can't go to the toilet.
Walking off site when it is raining even though they are working inside.
Etc. etc. etc.
Lets not forget ghosting so they can get paid without working and members doing lines instead of pies at lunchtime on worksites.

You have to laugh how politicians like Allan and other union officials like McManus have come out feigning surprise at these allegations hoping the gullible out there will believe that they weren’t aware of this.

nut Yep totally the vibe... Do you say the same about motorcycle gangs? Or tobacco cartels?

Surely if it's just one lone wolf the CFMEU would come out and say so, along with publicly denouncing the person and severing ties with them.

Strange that hasn't happened yet, wouldn't you say?

So what have the police done?

"There's obviously some really inappropriate, thuggish behaviour," he told ABC radio Melbourne on Tuesday.
"There's potential threats, there's influence potential in contracts. Whether it meets the criminal threshold, though, is a different matter."

"There's been a referral to them and whether aspects of it are more appropriately dealt with by IBAC."

This sums up what the cops do. It's a matter for IBAC not us.
Jacinta Allan says industrial relations is a federal matter.
The FWO doesn't investigate it.

arrant nonsense.
Obviously you dissagree with me and I won't waste anymore time on you after this post but I have 30+ years experience in the construction industry as backup to my opinion. Wether you want to listen or not is up to you.

To quote your signature:
"I can give you an argument, but I can't give you an understanding."
actually "Sir, I have found you an argument; but I am not obliged to find you an understanding."
Samuel Johnson

"There's obviously some really inappropriate, thuggish behaviour," he told ABC radio Melbourne on Tuesday.
"There's potential threats, there's influence potential in contracts. Whether it meets the criminal threshold, though, is a different matter."

"There's been a referral to them and whether aspects of it are more appropriately dealt with by IBAC."

This sums up what the cops do. It's a matter for IBAC not us.
Jacinta Allan says industrial relations is a federal matter.
The FWO doesn't investigate it.

You missed this bit

"We'll work through that but it's not being brushed under the carpet, I can assure you that."

So again what evidence of criminal behaviour has been confirmed.. or is it still the vibe?

Meanwhile no one has been charged over the unlawful Robodebt.

You missed this bit

"We'll work through that but it's not being brushed under the carpet, I can assure you that."

So again what evidence of criminal behaviour has been confirmed.. or is it still the vibe?

Meanwhile no one has been charged over the unlawful Robodebt.

If criminality was undertaken (rather than unlawfulness - not the same thing) in the awful Robodebt program, then charges should be laid.

Locking someone in a shed for four hours is surely a criminal act.

I await your next pointing at something else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Setka Resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back