Sexual assault allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The official 'win a flag and become more depressed than ever' thread.

Wicksy, you're a Collingwood supporter- you were born to be challenged. We'll deal with this the way we deal with everything else that falls our way - side by side.

Hey - remember Swan's fist-pump after his goal? Or Didak's dance? He couldn't exactly shimmy because of his bad pec. Or Heater's smother? These images are what we should be focussed on now. :)

Well I thought this would be the happiest time of my life.....
The happenings of today has pretty much completely ruined it!!

Note: This could possibly be the worst thread ever but I'm sure there are others that feel exactly how I do right now..... Empty, Shattered, Gutted and Livid!

I was flat and angry at first. But it has nothing to do with what we did on Saturday or for the previous 26 weeks. We are the premiers, we smashed everyone in the finals, we are worthy winners and nothing, absolutely nothing can take that away from us.

Don't let those arseholes on the main board get to you, they would all kill to see their club where ours is right now.

Wicksy, you're a Collingwood supporter- you were born to be challenged. We'll deal with this the way we deal with everything else that falls our way - side by side.

Hey - remember Swan's fist-pump after his goal? Or Didak's dance? He couldn't exactly shimmy because of his bad pec. Or Heater's smother? These images are what we should be focussed on now. :)

:(

I hate being so invested in this ****n club!!!

How can you be brought from such elation down to this so quickly....

Don't allow it to happen. Resolve that you'll set this thing aside, because there's nothing you can do about it; and be sure that everything that can possibly be done will be done by the club.

Your job is to refuse to be dragged down. This is where you have to chant "Collingwood" on the inside, and lift yourself rather than the boys.

Re: F!@#ing Great... sex assault allegations

I feel for the female involved if true.

Also not good for Collingwood after such a great win. I think footballers need to realise gangbangs & group sex just puts them in a very vunerable position. Don't do it. Simple

Don't read the shit on the main board and go watch the replay. This has nothing to do with our win.

A bit that way, but its hard to dampen the euphoria of a premiership.

Must admit as distressing as the allegations are for what they may mean to some individuals (inside and outside the club), they are just that at the moment and so I really have no rational basis for anything other than deep unease tinged with compassion. Ill probably stay that way for a while as I doubt anything conclusive will be known for some time. Till then - well, who on earth knows?

Conversely I must admit the growing evidence of significant player departures is what is dampening my enthusiasm right now and putting an end to stupid thoughts of dynasties. Would it be quicker to list the players who HAVEN't either been delisted or retired or rumored to have retired or rumored to be trade bait or going to the GC? If we end up losing the likes of Blight, Anthony, Fraser, Davis - i think it underlines the fact our depth can hollow out very quickly. In particular, the Blight one still has me shaking my head. Just...really disappointed.

So its not depression, but certainly a wake up call - Im enjoying still, but the future is less rosy and clear than maybe Id hoped and that is sobering.

i did see harry o'brien repeatedly raping stevena milne between 2:30 and 5pm on saturday.

I probably should not be so flippant - just letting off steam. I really hope its not true, but if it is, then i hope the club does what it needs to do - regardless of who it is. There is nothing acceptable about it, and we don't need that from someone wearing black and white.

hahahahahah.. G o l d!

Oh come on. Your club has just won the premiership and you decide to get unnaturally hung-up on this?

There were 21 other players out there you know?

Jesus just take the bloody thing and be happy.

A bit that way, but its hard to dampen the euphoria of a premiership.

Must admit as distressing as the allegations are for what they may mean to some individuals (inside and outside the club), they are just that at the moment and so I really have no rational basis for anything other than deep unease tinged with compassion. Ill probably stay that way for a while as I doubt anything conclusive will be known for some time. Till then - well, who on earth knows?

Conversely I must admit the growing evidence of significant player departures is what is dampening my enthusiasm right now and putting an end to stupid thoughts of dynasties. Would it be quicker to list the players who HAVEN't either been delisted or retired or rumored to have retired or rumored to be trade bait or going to the GC? If we end up losing the likes of Blight, Anthony, Fraser, Davis - i think it underlines the fact our depth can hollow out very quickly. In particular, the Blight one still has me shaking my head. Just...really disappointed.

So its not depression, but certainly a wake up call - Im enjoying still, but the future is less rosy and clear than maybe Id hoped and that is sobering.

Its pretty easy, we just won the flag, we need salary cap space and the older guys take up quite a bit. Its the way the AFL works, we have not lost anyone who has had an impact in 2010.

We still have kids like Young, Reed, Keefe, McCarthy, Hunter, Wood, Rounds to develop and can always look to pick up another Leigh Brown or two in the PSD. Hine has a number of exciting NSW kids on the books and an Irish kid on the way.

Let's just wait and see what happens. These situations are difficult and often multi- faceted so I certainly don't think we should prejudge anything.

Now that more time have passed, I have realized I don't really care about the incident anymore.

Let the club deal with it, we are supporters, there is more to life than footy, lets not worry about what the club and its players will have to deal with (selfish I know, but it is the truth).

I still want the players to be punished if the allegations are true, however no one will be able to take the cup away from Collingwood this year.

Remember footy is just a game! Don't let something like that get you down!

ENJOY THE MOMENT, Collingwood won the premiership! :)

**** sake what is annoying me is that most people on this board are complaining WE JUST WON A ****ING FLAG who cares what they did after the game what matters most is we came away with the big 1 5 for our club. I'd do it all again next year too!
GO PIES

Currently listening to:

[youtube]Ggvkz-bVhW0[/youtube]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh come on. Your club has just won the premiership and you decide to get unnaturally hung-up on this?

There were 21 other players out there you know?

Jesus just take the bloody thing and be happy.

Thank you.:thumbsu:

As much as I love to hate collingwood.... I cannot recall if it was last year, or the year before last? Collingwood sat a few players out for the finals under[FONT=&quot] disciplinary reasoning. I cannot remember what they had done but I honestly think it was a big statement by the club.

Follow the rules or get out.

A hardline stance like that says alot about the discipline standards of the club and the winning culture that followed.

If the allegations turn out to be correct, thoughts go to the girl involve, her family etc, and hopefully the player/s involved get the punishment and help that the require. But one thing is for sure I don't think Collingwood would tolerate them having anything to do with the club IF anything comes of it, and rightly so.

[/FONT]

Just popping in to say I wouldn't worry about it yet, still celebrate and rejoice in winning the premiership.

The last thing you would want is start stressing/panicing about an indcident that may prove to be nothing, then think shit I've ruined my celebrations for nothing.

Wait until all the facts come out before thinking that this has ruined your flag*, as it may be something very little in the end.

*Which imo it shouldn't anyway.

i honestly couldn't care less about what happened.

we just won the ****ing flag.

we dont even know hat has happened. it may be nothing - it may be something. however the club chooses to handle it is fine by me.

Just popping in to say I wouldn't worry about it yet, still celebrate and rejoice in winning the premiership.

The last thing you would want is start stressing/panicing about an indcident that may prove to be nothing, then think shit I've ruined my celebrations for nothing.

Wait until all the facts come out before thinking that this has ruined your flag*, as it may be something very little in the end.

*Which imo it shouldn't anyway.

Thanks Banked. The section I have bolded is spot on..... Here's to continuing the celebration this coming weekend....

The club is bigger than the player.

Whatever happens happens, but they can't take away our flag :)

I'm not depressed, but really disappointed as TD said. Watched the GF replay again with Dad, and whenever I saw the allegedly accused player was just incredibly angry. If it's true, which I really really hope it's not, I hope the club come down on hard on him because there have been a few incidents this year and having seen him around know that he seriously needs to pull his head in. Hope I'm not over stepping the mark in saying what I have - Mods can delete.

I don't know who the alleged is, so if someone pm's me I wont complain :)

Call it a coincidence or just plane unlucky, but the alleged player does not have a photo on any website i can find. I have looked in afl.com, real footy, papers etc and lots of photos of collingwood players, in fact every player enjoying the win and mad monday but not the alleged player.

WOW Pies media work quickly these days.

Huh? I was in the mind that our players have been excellent this season (up to this point of course) and over the last few in the way they conducted themselves, unless I missed something?

I dont mean this year. I should of said in the last couple of years with didak and the shaws. I just wasnt wanting to point it out. But since those things you guys have been first class.

Hey wicksy, maybe you're just suffering from Premiership Fatigue?

Possibly Snag... I've been a ball of emotional mess this last week and a half.
But I'm sure we all have... :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sexual assault allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back