Sexual assault allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: F!@#ing Great... sex assault allegations

I'm actually pissed off right now. This was supposed to be our week, our monnth, our preseason of celebrations and it's been ruined by these events/allegations/whatever you want to call it. We didn't even get until lunchtime to walk around our workplaces gloating and basking in the glory. I'm sooo angry at the players for this even coming up.

Without conceding that what is alleged is true but wishing the best for the woman and hope that she gets the care she deserves.

Hope we stand by our players, innocent until proven guilty.
Side by side.

I'm actually pissed off right now. This was supposed to be our week, our monnth, our preseason of celebrations and it's been ruined by these events/allegations/whatever you want to call it. We didn't even get until lunchtime to walk around our workplaces gloating and basking in the glory. I'm sooo angry at the players for this even coming up.

Without conceding that what is alleged is true but wishing the best for the woman and hope that she gets the care she deserves.

Side by side.

Yeah, agreed.

Pretty PO'd.

They are responsible for their own behaviour...but you don't want to ENCOURAGE them...

Have a look at your location, it's a bit rich of you to say what you have about drinking and the encouragement from the club!

Side by side.

Yep agree that it sours the taste of victory. But footy players are like everyone else in our society, some of them are prone to making stupid choices in life. Lets hope for the best but it does sound very much like the Andrew Lovett saga.. If it drags on its draining on the club and supporters.

Side by side.

Agree 100%.

Absolute bullshit.

Side by side.

Yeah. Hard to celebrate with this hanging in the air.

If winning the flag didn't make Eddie's head explode, this might do it.

Allegations sound pretty bad, assuming the report is accurate :( Makes me sick to be honest.

Side by side.

Agree I am so Pissed Off that some of the Players group where so F**king Stupid to get Involved in this thing and Ruin it for all the Fans as Oppostion Supporters can stick it up us again:mad:

IF the players are found Guilty they should get Kicked out of the club ASAP.

Though the Club will look after them before that

Side by side.
I'm furious and upset in equal measure. :(

Can I add childish behaviour and stupid anger aimed at the woman making the allegations will be treated the same way trolling from opposition supporters implying that the players are guilty. Fact is we don't know and it is not our place to judge and we have no right to either way.

By all means support the players, as they are innocent until proven guilty but you can do that without childishly blaiming the woman involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a look at your location, it's a bit rich of you to say what you have about drinking and the encouragement from the club!

Mate I am in another country, in a small town with 2 - 3 clubs, and I drank my liquor at home watching the replay again and again on TV (shitty quality I must admit)

These guys are professional footballers who will no doubt be haggled/targeted/congratulated by many people all night long (no pun intended) They need to have a clear mind and be in full control...

Agree I am so Pissed Off that some of the Players group where so F**king Stupid to get Involved in this thing and Ruin it for all the Fans as Oppostion Supporters can stick it up us again:mad:

IF the players are found Guilty they should get Kicked out of the club ASAP.

Though the Club will look after them before that

We're about last on the list to be honest. All the concern should be for the women in question (if allegation is true), the players, the club and then us.

****ing spoils it though :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Honestly I couldn't believe that the team had Crown Lagers in the rooms directly after the game. I understand they wanted to help the players enjoy and relax, but the last thing they should give them is alcohol.
lol.

Side by side.
sames. moral crusaders itt are funny. errrbody should prob just chill and enjoy the friggen win until more details are released.

Felt amazing this morning. Feel physically ill right now.

Can only hope the allegations are false and there is no point speculating until official word comes out.

Never felt so livid in my life!!!!
I can literally feel my blood boiling

So Damien Oliver gets "under police investigation" without revealing what for because he hasn't been charged and you're innocent until proven guilty.....

but like FEV and now THIS...it's sexual assault allegations...the double standards are bs

bs tabloid journalism...ffs Fev was suspended by the club and no charges have been laid after a month....now our board is forced to act on tabloid journalism...

meanwhile, despite the strong rumours, Damien Oliver is allowed privacy and justice to take it's natural course.

A spelling mistake is fine, but what you are saying is ridiculous.

Damian Oliver was named, however the allegations were not. I do not see any Collingwood player being named? Allegations yes, but no one is being linked to them so what are you on about?.
There is no double standard and i'd hardly think Oliver is having his privacy respected when his troubles were eluded to in every newspaper in the country!

Seriously though, it's shit when your team gets dragged into this - I think back to Hurley and the Taxi driver. Best way to go is to shut up, let the courts and your club handle it.

BTW I was a journalist and there is no Collingwood conspiracy - however when a police reporter rings a police station and asks for a brief and gets told a Collingwood premiership player is being questioned over rape then they have a duty to report it - you would.
But at the end of the day if they did not do it then they don't have anything to worry about and therefore neither do you. Think Brett Stewart.

Never felt so livid in my life!!!!
I can literally feel my blood boiling

The ultimate betrayal, I think.

We've been robbed of our celebrations by one of our own if it's true.

Will be hard to forgive if what's coming out is true.

I was going to wear my scarf to work today. It's sitting in my cupboard.

I won't let the actions of one player ruin the joy of seeing my team win a flag. If accusations turn out to be true they will rightly be dealt with by harshly the law and the club.

Yea it's put a dampener on things no doubt but I'm going to focus on what happened Saturday arvo, when the players put everything on the line to take out a long awaited flag, not what happened during the celebrations.

Wow, i don't really know what to think.
Almost as bad as losing the GF.

Hope it wasn't one of our A Graders and just shit ass player who we'd probably see go anyway.
But then again they said premiership player :/ FML.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sexual assault allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back