Sexual assault allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: F!@#ing Great... sex assault allegations

Everyone should put their attention towards our 15th flag and not this stupid allegation..

Wow, i don't really know what to think.
Almost as bad as losing the GF.

Hope it wasn't one of our A Graders and just shit ass player who we'd probably see go anyway.
But then again they said premiership player :/ FML.
guys its simple, as previous thread has said, just google (vexnews) and both players names will come up.

Everyone should put their attention towards our 15th flag and not this stupid allegation..

We Will but the Media won't. They will love this

Already the tv have got this story as their news highlight. I'm so peeved at this, it's just gutted the enjoyment of winning.

I can't wait for this to roll over and die and we can focus on next year, hopefully without this sort of bad news.

As most of the sports journos are saying, and as MM has said, we are in an unbeatable period that the competition will take a couple of years to catch.

Lets hope we can get 3 or 4 premierships from this group without this sort of mud spoiling the celebrations.

We are at the beginning of a Dynasty, and we should be able to enjoy the ride!

:mad:

Already the tv have got this story as their news highlight. I'm so peeved at this, it's just gutted the enjoyment of winning.

I can't wait for this to roll over and die and we can focus on next year, hopefully without this sort of bad news.

As most of the sports journos are saying, and as MM has said, we are in an unbeatable period that the competition will take a couple of years to catch.

Lets hope we can get 3 or 4 premierships from this group without this sort of mud spoiling the celebrations.

Agree and this could Distract the Club heaps handling this Crap:mad:

How is this ruining anyone's feelings about the flag.

1) I hope if true the woman gets the justice she deserves. Disgraceful behaviour if happened as reported.

2) If true glad the players best week of his life has become his worst - just like the woman's.

3) Other than the hurt on another human being, I couldn't give a stuff about some players actions after the granny as how it relates to me. I had a ball across the two weeks and a memory I'll never forget on Saturday.

As for the player I hope he gets what he deserves - depending on the facts- either nothing at all through to jail time. As to how it affects me and the premiership it does not change one thing.

If true it will only affect me in that another person has had something tragic occur to them and anger as to what a man has done to a woman - no different to other sad news I hear.

How is this ruining anyone's feelings about the flag.

Not Really at all. Has nothing to do about the Actual Game or Club as it was in there Private Time

It seems from the sketchy allegations that the alleged assault was probably only by one of the two.

It's eerily similar in a lot of ways to the Milne/Montagna case.

If there is any truth to the allegation then the guilty will have to be sacked immediately, no matter how good or potentially good that player is.

Straw poll. Who thinks we should close this thread until more facts come to light?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get too carried away there. We all said the same thing after the hawks won the flag in 08. Look at them now. Lot's of things can change. A few key injuries (pies were very fortunate in that area this year), tougher draw, an extra team in the comp. Opposition teams will now focus on collingwoods game plan a lot more and pick it apart just like they did with the hawks. No doubt the pies have an exciting young list but other teams won't stand still. Even the cats really didn't have a "dynasty". Dynasties these days aren't what they were in the good ol' days.

Straw poll. Who thinks we should close this thread until more facts come to light?

Its out there in the media, why close off a thread that has minimal public impact. It's sort of burying your head in the sand, people want to discuss one of the most contentious things to happen in the history of the club. Closing the thread only serves to diminish the reason for a supporter based discussion forum.

Keep it open, hopefully it'll keep the issue from spilling out anywhere else.

There's not really much to discuss though, the police will do their job. If it's true than that player will be shown the door, if not then he'll get a reprieve. What more is there to say?

In a minor change of topic, what's up with Sharrod?
Closet Crossdresser?
Wonder if he's wearing his girlfriend's knickers under that frock?

Keep it open, hopefully it'll keep the issue from spilling out anywhere else.

There's not really much to discuss though, the police will do their job. If it's true than that player will be shown the door, if not then he'll get a reprieve. What more is there to say?

Well that hit it on the Head on what will happen

Praying that it isn't true, the guy that is being linked to it seems to me to be a very nice guy. Of course that doesn't mean he didn't do it, I'd just really like to think he didn't.

Even if it is (I am not suggesting it is or isn't) a misunderstanding, or some sort of setup, players have got to be smarter. You are taking a massive risk any time you put yourself in a group sex type scenario. All it takes is a misunderstanding, someone you can't control taking it too far and doing the wrong thing, or opportunistic lying, and you are in deep shit.

I would honestly get recorded consent on my mobile phone camera before so much as kissing the girl in such a circumstance.

Stupid stupid stupid at the very least, potentially far worse.

It is a new world these guys are living in, and the old team gang bang'n type activities, as bonding and fun and tempting as they can be, are a mine field best left avoided or played with a lot more caution than some exercise.

Very disappointing they found themselves in that position in the first place, it is a recipe for disaster these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sexual assault allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back