Podcast SFA Podcast Season 29- Grand Final Podcast - Wednesday 9pm - Live from Harvey's House Mad Monday Podcast- Link in the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

On rigging this, I agree its very unlikely to "rig" it (as you rightly pointed out, the collators would need to be in on it), but it is pretty easy to thumb the scale and influence the vote

firstly, the five voters from each club are not arbitrary. In most clubs they are hand picked by the captain. that means you're able to eliminate delegates who wouldn't support your preferred candidates, and promote those who will.

secondly, not all clubs approach voting the same way. IN the Furies, we never discuss who is voting for who, but im aware at some clubs they do openly discuss amongst the five who they are voting for. This allows coordination.

If you have access to half the LG's as the BC do, and you could be f’ed, you do have the ability to influence who half the voters are, and potentially even coordinate how they vote. Is this rigging the vote, no. But it is a massive potential thumb on the scale.

for the record, these awards mean zero to me, so im in the "i couldn't give two fu**s if XXXX decide to manipulate the result", but im not silly enough to think its not possible and never been tried.

It was a different system back then. A total free for all. I think we were getting over a hundred voters and if ten of them were BC I'd be surprised. And that's without the collator smoking gun.

Don't get me wrong though, this is just another example of how Haro could waste everybody's time, it's even happening based on an old whinge on a podcast. It wouldn't have even been thought about apart from a doctored leak sent out and posted by one of Haro's stooges, one NaturalDisaster can confirm being able to see old deleted posts and having seen this one (he asked me about the history a few months back). He might even be able to see if Blacky was even high on that list (that also included Grant Denyer and Tom Rockliff).

Good to finally listen to this. My only first-hand experience with HaroLad to date has been god-awful eyesore jumpers plastered with MasterBait on the FJGD board. It's good to finally hear from him about some of the stories I've seen referenced but not really read up on. I hope he finds his way back to the league because we could always use more characters.

Great poddy fellas!

It was a different system back then. A total free for all. I think we were getting over a hundred voters and if ten of them were BC I'd be surprised. And that's without the collator smoking gun.

Don't get me wrong though, this is just another example of how Haro could waste everybody's time, it's even happening based on an old whinge on a podcast. It wouldn't have even been thought about apart from a doctored leak sent out and posted by one of Haro's stooges, one NaturalDisaster can confirm being able to see old deleted posts and having seen this one (he asked me about the history a few months back). He might even be able to see if Blacky was even high on that list (that also included Grant Denyer and Tom Rockliff).
Nothing wrong with a light hearted discussion around collusion and corruption all in good fun. And you really need to hear what was said before dismissing it as an old whinge. He did talk about votes and the like but other things were said and much of was said in the same spirit as this discussion.

He gave a very well thought out response to brahj in regards to a question he raised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Podcast SFA Podcast Season 29- Grand Final Podcast - Wednesday 9pm - Live from Harvey's House Mad Monday Podcast- Link in the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back