SFL 2010 Division 1 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
EFL clubs don't recruit much out of the SFL. I can't think of any examples of an SFL player being a good player in the EFL.

There's no point comparing leagues, VAFA is completely different football to SFL and EFL. If they played on big grounds, the VAFA would do quite well. If it was played on a small ground the SFL/EFL would win.

I don't think the SFL has improved much in the last 5-6 years. the top 3 or 4 sides may have improved slightly, but the lower sides have dropped off significantly.

David Black at Croydon went from Div 3 SFL to a good EFL Div 1 player. Paul Fermanis was very good last year at Noble Park, Vic Currie also at Noble won a Best and Fairest from memory. The Shalders brothers went to Ringwood from Chelt and played in a Div 2 flag. Brett I think kicked 50 odd goals that year.

Those players are just from the past 5-6 years. There would be plenty more if you look back.

I would love to see the Ammos take on sfl in a rep game. Ammos beat EFL rep side last year. and sfl beat who? riddle creek?

I'm not sure how much you can read from past inter-league matches. No offence to blokes picked in previous teams but many players tend to be injured/unavailable during the interleague weekend.

You'll never get a situation whereby both leagues actually have their very best team on the park.

David Black at Croydon went from Div 3 SFL to a good EFL Div 1 player. Paul Fermanis was very good last year at Noble Park, Vic Currie also at Noble won a Best and Fairest from memory. The Shalders brothers went to Ringwood from Chelt and played in a Div 2 flag. Brett I think kicked 50 odd goals that year.

Those players are just from the past 5-6 years. There would be plenty more if you look back.

Vic Currie won the league b & F, and apparently to the amusement of the noble park players and officials who didn't rate him at all. Fermanis was only a bit player at Noble Park. Most of the Balwyn team now is without the players that finished their last SFL season. As for the Shalders brothers, the EFL division 2 isn't great, for a couple of big heads, they should have been able to get a kick in that.

We should all stop kidding ourselves, the standard of the SFL is terrible, but it does provide a place for many players of the same ability to gain a contest and form some fierce, but welcomed rivalries.

Vic Currie won the league b & F, and apparently to the amusement of the noble park players and officials who didn't rate him at all. Fermanis was only a bit player at Noble Park. Most of the Balwyn team now is without the players that finished their last SFL season. As for the Shalders brothers, the EFL division 2 isn't great, for a couple of big heads, they should have been able to get a kick in that.

We should all stop kidding ourselves, the standard of the SFL is terrible, but it does provide a place for many players of the same ability to gain a contest and form some fierce, but welcomed rivalries.

The difference si not quality nor ability, its depth due to financial reasons. The EFL are a big spending league, therefore the quality is better.

Individually id suggest the top 10 in each of the 3 top clubs in SFL would
be excellent EFL players, therefore an interleague game at full stength would be very interersting.

And just for your info snowman, I think at last count 8 maybe 9 of our current list have been chased by top EFL clubs over the last 2 years; ie Noble,Vermont & Balwyn

The difference si not quality nor ability, its depth due to financial reasons. The EFL are a big spending league, therefore the quality is better.

Individually id suggest the top 10 in each of the 3 top clubs in SFL would
be excellent EFL players, therefore an interleague game at full stength would be very interersting.

And just for your info snowman, I think at last count 8 maybe 9 of our current list have been chased by top EFL clubs over the last 2 years; ie Noble,Vermont & Balwyn

Just for the record back to back, knowing committee members from both Noble Park and Balwyn, and discussing regularly the quality of players in the SFL, and which players they have/would chase, I can confirm your ignorance and bias.
Quinn is the only player both of those clubs have ever spoken about.
St Kilda City would be a very good second division EFL team, and aside from Quinn and maybe Poyas, no-one else for St Kilda would contribute to a division 1 side in the EFL.

Just for the record back to back, knowing committee members from both Noble Park and Balwyn, and discussing regularly the quality of players in the SFL, and which players they have/would chase, I can confirm your ignorance and bias.
St Kilda City would be a very good second division EFL team, and aside from Quinn and maybe Poyas, no-one else for St Kilda would contribute to a division 1 side in the EFL.

WOW.......just a little clueless??

How do you explain Noble Park chasing Gav Vassallo every year he was at Springy. Finally got him back and would not have been cheap.

so you are saying the 21st player picked for en EFL 1's side would be a better player than any player in the entire st.kilda city team but for quinn and poyas?

Ignorance is bliss...

Love to participate in one of your regular discussions musing over the quality of SFL players...

However, if you're talking about this on a regular basis, it may be time to find a hobby...

Keep that head in the sand, or should i say snow, dreamboat

why dont you give us some insight to the great snowmans footy resume...and if its nothing special just make something up because your good at speaking sh!t:eek:

How do you explain Noble Park chasing Gav Vassallo every year he was at Springy. Finally got him back and would not have been cheap.

Was talking about players at St Kilda City, Quinn Poyas came from better leagues. St Kilda has alot of depth of good players for the SFL which is why they are dominant.

There are some very good players in other teams, but these players came from better leagues, Walsh and Roberts from chelsea, Williams from Heatherton although his body was shot when he joined SFL, Vassallo and Scott from springy, Quinn from Dingoes, to name a few, none of these were original SFL footballers.

Still the SFL wouldn't hold a candle to any of the main leagues in Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was talking about players at St Kilda City, Quinn Poyas came from better leagues. St Kilda has alot of depth of good players for the SFL which is why they are dominant.

There are some very good players in other teams, but these players came from better leagues, Walsh and Roberts from chelsea, Williams from Heatherton although his body was shot when he joined SFL, Vassallo and Scott from springy, Quinn from Dingoes, to name a few, none of these were original SFL footballers.

Still the SFL wouldn't hold a candle to any of the main leagues in Victoria.
yawn

If I can weigh in and give you an idea of the GFL, most clubs within the league have 1-2 ex-AFL listed players and then usually another 1-2 ex-VFL players playing at the club. 2 players from my Junior team were drafted and at school I played with Travis Boak and Pat Dangerfield. Going through juniors, we played against a lot of guys who went on to get drafted and if they find they can't make it, most return home to their junior clubs to play as seniors.

Try Johnstone,Silver,Bruno,Tasiyan from memory in the last 2 years have all been chased by EFL divvy one clubs, snowman you dont have a clue and know no one

Try Johnstone,Silver,Bruno,Tasiyan from memory in the last 2 years have all been chased by EFL divvy one clubs, snowman you dont have a clue and know no one

Johnstone, Silver and Taisiyan, I wouldn't think a division 2 EFL club would want any of those never has beens. Silver is a big boy, so could probably see him being somewhat valuable, but none of them were ever chased you goose. You know nobody, you know nothing, and it's funny how your incestuous little group down at the farm get so upset when someone ruffles a few feathers. just face facts, you are a good SFL team, but that is it, and your players are good SFL players, nothing more i'm sorry to say.

Johnstone, Silver and Taisiyan, I wouldn't think a division 2 EFL club would want any of those never has beens. Silver is a big boy, so could probably see him being somewhat valuable, but none of them were ever chased you goose. You know nobody, you know nothing, and it's funny how your incestuous little group down at the farm get so upset when someone ruffles a few feathers. just face facts, you are a good SFL team, but that is it, and your players are good SFL players, nothing more i'm sorry to say.
Murray Siver was gun footballer at Scoresby in Div 1 kicked numerous amounts of goals,was also Rowilles captain in Divi 2 and kicked a 100 goals their,before St.kilda city got him,,,,,Silver is a gun .

Murray Siver was gun footballer at Scoresby in Div 1 kicked numerous amounts of goals,was also Rowilles captain in Divi 2 and kicked a 100 goals their,before St.kilda city got him,,,,,Silver is a gun .

I think that's the whole point. He was already an established EFL footballer before he went to the SFL, not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back