SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Batfink I think you will find he is pretty badly injured and even shouldn't be playing, one of the boys was chatting with him a few weeks back and he was seriously thinking of pulling the pin on the season. Full backs up here are pretty solid, you generally get your midfield full of blokes chasing coin but are quality as well as a key forward like Collo, then your CHB/CHF/FB are usually your gun locals. Does vary from club to club and year to year but that is a general run down.

Makes sense cos he did come with a massive reputation. He's pretty slight for a key forward so his body must be preventing him from displaying his tricks.

race at the top looks interesting with St Pauls rolling dingley!

East Brighton motoring along nicely aswell.

Chelt seems to be Chelsea Heights bunny or not as good as first thought.

Chelsea Heights and East Malvern will have there grand final this week.

Exciting for the league.

Repeat of first time around for Cheltenham, bad loss to the Vampires then compounded by a loss to the Heighters. Entered the season with great expectations but have got the wobbles. Tried to do some heavy lifting in the recruiting sense but it has been disappointing you'd have to say! St. Pauls firming as favourite to go back to back. East Malvern and Chelsea Heights will have a Battle Royale next week but the winner doesn't necessarily earn a pass into the finals. Dingley should finish on top and the top 3 settled. Clayton the big disappointment and Heatherton don't belong in Division 1. Cannot attract players, have no juniors yet have done an admirable job to stay up as long as they have

With 5 games to go we know that anyone of the top 3 clubs can win the flag, it will all depend on list management and injures

Cheltenham has been the biggest disappointment as recruiting ex VFL. ex AFL rookie players and getting back club greats hasn't worked.The question is how many will stay around next year ? Lets hope they all do

Chelsea Heights,East Malvern and Bentleigh have done a first class job with improving the standard of the SFL and a long with Chelt are battling for 4th&5th spots.I'm tipping Bentleigh will grow to be one of the power clubs of the SFL over the next 2-3 years

St Kilda City have, been hit with the injury stick harder than anyone else as they don't have any depth in the 2s so you would think they will improve next year if they get all there players back. But not sure about the financial side of how things are going down there ?
I'm sure their are people on here that would know more than me about that ?

Clayton as we all know are looking for a new coach and things aren't going too well for them off field as well.SO will they stay up?

Heatherton are still trying to stay in Div 1 and could do so yet, if points are taken of a club who might not be financial. If they did is that a good thing for Div 1 as they haven't been much of a side over the last few years?

Looking forward to the last 5 rounds and a great final series ahead

With 5 games to go we know that anyone of the top 3 clubs can win the flag, it will all depend on list management and injures

Cheltenham has been the biggest disappointment as recruiting ex VFL. ex AFL rookie players and getting back club greats hasn't worked.The question is how many will stay around next year ? Lets hope they all do

Chelsea Heights,East Malvern and Bentleigh have done a first class job with improving the standard of the SFL and a long with Chelt are battling for 4th&5th spots.I'm tipping Bentleigh will grow to be one of the power clubs of the SFL over the next 2-3 years

St Kilda City have, been hit with the injury stick harder than anyone else as they don't have any depth in the 2s so you would think they will improve next year if they get all there players back. But not sure about the financial side of how things are going down there ?
I'm sure their are people on here that would know more than me about that ?

Clayton as we all know are looking for a new coach and things aren't going too well for them off field as well.SO will they stay up?

Heatherton are still trying to stay in Div 1 and could do so yet, if points are taken of a club who might not be financial. If they did is that a good thing for Div 1 as they haven't been much of a side over the last few years?

Looking forward to the last 5 rounds and a great final series ahead

If points are taken off another club for being unfinancial then this year there should be 2 up and 2 down. As admirable are Heathertons efforts, they do not belong in Div 1.

Cracker of a game between St.Pauls and dingley. Im tipping these will play off in the GF unless either of them cop major injuries
Don't mean to be disrespectful to E Bri as with a full list they were my odds on premiership favs but with their season ending injuries I cant see them making it
Weve lost Cathcart and McCarthy for the year but have gained Wilson whereas Dingley have no major injury concerns.
Chelt will be lucky to make finals and others could beat Chelt but not any of the top 3.

Cracker of a game between St.Pauls and dingley. Im tipping these will play off in the GF unless either of them cop major injuries
Don't mean to be disrespectful to E Bri as with a full list they were my odds on premiership favs but with their season ending injuries I cant see them making it
Weve lost Cathcart and McCarthy for the year but have gained Wilson whereas Dingley have no major injury concerns.
Chelt will be lucky to make finals and others could beat Chelt but not any of the top 3.
Gotta agree Gotcha. Injuries have nobbled the Vampires and it's now a 2 horse race with St.Pauls emerging favourite

Gotta agree Gotcha. Injuries have nobbled the Vampires and it's now a 2 horse race with St.Pauls emerging favourite

Keep in mind Dingley were missing Bartholmew (spelling?), Ades, Boyle & Dureu (spelling?).

Hear Dureu is done for season, other 3 to return prior to finals so Boyle & Bartho will be handy additions.

Last edited:
Keep in mind Dingley were missing Bartholmew (spelling?), Ades, Boyle & Dureu (spelling?).

Hear Dureu is done for season, other 3 to return prior to finals so Boyle & Bartho will be handy additions.
Barthy has already missed 8 weeks with a quad and is still a few away. Boyley is our main clearance player and Adsey is our main shut down player in the midfield. Dureau is a slight chance but won't be ready until early September so may play 2's. Beech played on the weekend but won't be there come finals as Kremborg won't be for St Pauls. I think the Springvale Ground will suit us. St Pauls pressure was as good as I've seen on the weekend.

Barthy has already missed 8 weeks with a quad and is still a few away. Boyley is our main clearance player and Adsey is our main shut down player in the midfield. Dureau is a slight chance but won't be ready until early September so may play 2's. Beech played on the weekend but won't be there come finals as Kremborg won't be for St Pauls. I think the Springvale Ground will suit us. St Pauls pressure was as good as I've seen on the weekend.
I know you've had a couple out each week but all going well from here you will have a full list to choose from whereas weve lost a couple for the year and E. Bri have more including Rayson who was probably going to dominate this comp.Just saying whoever does win a flag normally has the best luck with injuries
Lets hope all sides have a good run from here on and we have a great finals series.

Kreymborg
Don't write EB off just yet. Being in the last 3 GF's so know how to get there and anything can happen on the day

Agree, EB shown to be there abouts every year and know how to win when needed.

Kreymborg

Agree, EB shown to be there abouts every year and know how to win when needed.
Sorry GT, I did have a "Y" in there. Spell check got me. East need to to start getting players back. They can't afford to many injuries as their Ressies are shocking. Not sure if one or two returning will overturn their result against St Pauls a few weeks back even if it was a bad day. Heatherton haven't been to bad. With Bennett playing they are pretty competitive. With finals this year they should be cashed up next year. I don't think Mordy or Skye would do much more than Heatherton next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry GT, I did have a "Y" in there. Spell check got me. East need to to start getting players back. They can't afford to many injuries as their Ressies are shocking. Not sure if one or two returning will overturn their result against St Pauls a few weeks back even if it was a bad day. Heatherton haven't been to bad. With Bennett playing they are pretty competitive. With finals this year they should be cashed up next year. I don't think Mordy or Skye would do much more than Heatherton next year.

I wasn't correcting you, I went to write a post and then 2 days later it kept the text of which i didn't see............East are up against it but they will still finish 2nd or 3rd and get the double chance so if they can get players fit on the park they will be a chance.

Dingley will be fine, and IMO should still be flag favourites

Don't write EB off just yet. Being in the last 3 GF's so know how to get there and anything can happen on the day
I hope they get there again and go 1 from 4 it would be absolutely fantastic
The look on hillys face would be priceless although if his glasses are transitioning at the time the effect won't be as great
But I'm sure the old chrome dome will pipe up and add to my enjoyment:p

Big game at East Malvern tomorrow. At home I reckon the Panthers can get the job dob done narrowly. Bentleigh host the Vampires, be closer than most expect but East Brighton to take the points. St. Pauls to add to Cheltenham's woes and win easily. Saints to add another defeat to the hapless Heatherton who'll enjoy the lower grade next year. Dingley will have no trouble accounting for Clayton who are on the charts with a bullet for relegation in 2015

Forgetting the Cheltenham precarious position, how is the ground going to stand up for finals given you've had to shift games 5 weeks out? Collo is on standby
Its been the wettest winter in over a decade, most grounds are feeling the pinch and ours is no different.

In the week that we played away (against Chelsea Hts) it improved markedly. The weather forecast for the end of this week is atrocious and it would only get chopped up more. What we need is for some dry, windy days (like Sunday and yesterday) to get a chance to core it which will allow it to drain.

I remember playing at Clayton two weeks before the finals a few years ago and the ground was in worse condition than what ours is in now - five weeks out. By the time the first final was played, the ground was great.

You must remember that moving a home game (which we instigated) is a fairly large financial blow...no bar, no canteen etc.

Ultimately, despite the current state of the ground not being our fault (and having been the ones most affected by the stuff up – not being able to train on it until Round 2, on and off throughout year for training, no lights switched on yet) we are the ones making the huge sacrifices to try to make it work.

Don't stress, everything is being down at our end – keeping off it, rolling it, using supersopper, laying down covers etc. to ensure the best surface is presented for the competing Division Two clubs.

Last edited:
Its been the wettest winter in over a decade, most grounds are feeling the pinch and ours is no different.

In the week that we played away (against Chelsea Hts) it improved markedly. The weather forecast for the end of this week is atrocious and it would only get chopped up more. What we need is for some dry, windy days (like Sunday and yesterday) to get a chance to core it which will allow it to drain.

I remember playing at Clayton two weeks before the finals a few years ago and the ground was in worse condition than what ours is in now - five weeks out. By the time the first final was played, the ground was great.

You must remember that moving a home game (which we instigated) is a fairly large financial blow...no bar, no canteen etc.

Ultimately, despite the current state of the ground not being our fault (and having been the ones most affected by the stuff up – not being able to train on it until Round 2, on and off throughout year for training, no lights switched on yet) we are the ones making the huge sacrifices to try to make it work.

Don't stress, everything is being down at our end – keeping off it, rolling it, using supersopper, laying down covers etc. to ensure the best surface is presented for the competing Division Two clubs.
No drama mate, and it's not anyone at Cheltenham's fault but the ground is pretty ordinary, particularly for finals. Let's hope it can improve because it will need to. My point was that Collo is hovering and rumoured to be camped in the car park at Linton Street lobbying for a change by footy ops

Didn't seem to affect the scoring from the weekend. The combined points tally from both teams was the second highest of the round and only 8 points shy of the Dingley v Clayton game.

I would avoid rolling it or using the supersopper, that will just further compact the soil, making the drainage worse.
Keeping off it and using covers probably the safer bet! Don't understand why they didn't fix the drainage before they re layed turf early this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back