SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Good season to follow with two halves of the ladder.. dingley EB and SP all challenging for favouritism and Chelt CH and East Malvern challenging for 4th 5th and 6th. interesting to see how the ladder pans out

DINGLEY. ST PAULS. EAST BRIGHTON and also CHELTENHAM can win the flag

The finals will be the best SFL have ever had

CHELSEA HEIGHTS,EAST MALVERN and BENTLEIGH will battle for 5th spot

ST KILDA CITY had far to many injures

CLAYTON must be looking for a new coach

HEATHERTON are going back to Div 2, Skye or Mordy will be the team coming up

Anyone else heard Clayton is in a bit of Financial strife? Former player told me the current players have been told the club can't afford to pay their players for the rest of this year and were banking on hosting finals to do so.

Anyone else heard Clayton is in a bit of Financial strife? Former player told me the current players have been told the club can't afford to pay their players for the rest of this year and were banking on hosting finals to do so.
Heard before their rd 8 match against us they were all told pre-match that they would all have to take pay cuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't surprise me. Ive heard Clayton,Dingley & East Bri are the biggest spenders.
Dingley have the supporter base, East Bri have Hilly but not sure how Clayton can afford to do so as their crowd has dropped off massively over the years.
Interesting to see who people believe are the bigger spending clubs

Haven't heard anything but it's pretty stressful managing the clubs finances and you do rely on some sure things at the start of the year that can sometimes not come to fruition.

Wouldn't surprise me. Ive heard Clayton,Dingley & East Bri are the biggest spenders.
Dingley have the supporter base, East Bri have Hilly but not sure how Clayton can afford to do so as their crowd has dropped off massively over the years.
Interesting to see who people believe are the bigger spending clubs

Being in the know at St Pauls I can say we are at the middle to higher end of the scale but as mentioned before we get a lot of players jobs in the building industry which is fortunate for us and we are very greatful for that.

If i had to hazard a guess on the payment ladder it would go:

Dingley
East Brighton
Cheltenham
Clayton
St Pauls
Bentleigh
St Kilda City
East Malvern
Heatherton

Complete guess based on what i've heard around the league in terms of player payments etc..........

No Chelsea Greg

Dingley

East Bri
Clayton

Chelt
St.Pauls

East Malvern
Chelsea
Bentleigh

St.Kilda- How the mighty have fallen

Heatherton

I wouldn't put Dingley as a clear top in the Spending Bracket although we would be up there. People forget that only Francis, Dureau, Patterson and Stock have come to our club having not played juniors there. Not exactly the St Kilda City recruiting method. Patterson played his first game on the weekend and Stock has played a few ressies games this year. Everyone in the Seniors gets paid but they do budget for 70K.

I wouldn't put Dingley as a clear top in the Spending Bracket although we would be up there. People forget that only Francis, Dureau, Patterson and Stock have come to our club having not played juniors there. Not exactly the St Kilda City recruiting method. Patterson played his first game on the weekend and Stock has played a few ressies games this year. Everyone in the Seniors gets paid but they do budget for 70K.

I don’t even follow the SFL but off the top oif my head know that Bolger, Wigney and Walmsley are not Dingley Juniors. Bolger has been through about 6 clubs before landing at the Dingoes. Others who are more informed on matters SFL could probably name a few more. Barnhorn and Beech who play on release from Sandy VFL are not locals either and came via VAFA clubs. Are reputed to be on good $ when they step out for the Dingoes.

I don’t even follow the SFL but off the top oif my head know that Bolger, Wigney and Walmsley are not Dingley Juniors. Bolger has been through about 6 clubs before landing at the Dingoes. Others who are more informed on matters SFL could probably name a few more. Barnhorn and Beech who play on release from Sandy VFL are not locals either and came via VAFA clubs. Are reputed to be on good $ when they step out for the Dingoes.

Wigney and walmsley played U17s at Dingley

Wigney and walmsley played U17s at Dingley

Walmsley played all his juniors at Oakleigh Dragons, including U17s. Perhaps went to Dingley in U19s but was not a Dingley junior. Happy to stand corrected on Wigney but my recollection was that he was a St Bedes (or maybe Mordi Brae) junior who ended up playing at Old Mentonians before coming to Dingley. Bolger has had more clubs than Tiger Woods!

Walmsley played all his juniors at Oakleigh Dragons, including U17s. Perhaps went to Dingley in U19s but was not a Dingley junior. Happy to stand corrected on Wigney but my recollection was that he was a St Bedes (or maybe Mordi Brae) junior who ended up playing at Old Mentonians before coming to Dingley. Bolger has had more clubs than Tiger Woods!
Walmsley played U/17's but you are hardly getting the argument. He is on minimum chips. Wasn't a big coin recruit. He won the Reserves League BnF for Dingley before playing Seniors. I didn't include Wigney, Barnhoorn and Beech as none will be playing finals. Barnhorn and Beech are VFL listed and will only play 3 games at most and trust me not on coin. Why would Dingley pay them huge coin when they are winning without them anyway. Wigney was only ever playing 7 games before going o/s. Dingley hopes all 3 may play permanent next year. Bolger was coached by Moorwood at Dingley Juniors (yes one of many clubs he played at).

Walmsley played U/17's but you are hardly getting the argument. He is on minimum chips. Wasn't a big coin recruit. He won the Reserves League BnF for Dingley before playing Seniors. I didn't include Wigney, Barnhoorn and Beech as none will be playing finals. Barnhorn and Beech are VFL listed and will only play 3 games at most and trust me not on coin. Why would Dingley pay them huge coin when they are winning without them anyway. Wigney was only ever playing 7 games before going o/s. Dingley hopes all 3 may play permanent next year. Bolger was coached by Moorwood at Dingley Juniors (yes one of many clubs he played at).

Fair enough and I know its semantics but he played almost 200 junior games for Oakleigh Dragons, including U17s so a bit rich to claim him as a junior. I never claimed that Luke was on big coin but I believe Daniel Bolger is. He has had plenty of coaches over the years at the 6 or 7 different clubs he has been at but Morwood was never one of them and he never played juniors at Dingley. I guess my point is you have a few more than 4 who came from other clubs and while it is commendable that you probably have more home grown players than most others, you may not have as many as you think. And trust me Barnhorn and Beech are on coin.

Fair enough and I know its semantics but he played almost 200 junior games for Oakleigh Dragons, including U17s so a bit rich to claim him as a junior. I never claimed that Luke was on big coin but I believe Daniel Bolger is. He has had plenty of coaches over the years at the 6 or 7 different clubs he has been at but Morwood was never one of them and he never played juniors at Dingley. I guess my point is you have a few more than 4 who came from other clubs and while it is commendable that you probably have more home grown players than most others, you may not have as many as you think. And trust me Barnhorn and Beech are on coin.
Dingley do reward it's players pretty well, probably comes from the Cardinia Casey days when they had to pay to compete. I did say Dingley pays every Senior Player. Barhoorn played one of his games for Dingley this year against the winless Heatherton. The club like every clubs works hard to bring money in and have to make decisions based on coin with everything they do. Barhoorn wouldn't be getting paid huge coin to play Heatherton as the result is 10 to 15 goals regardless. When I mentioned Juniors I didn't mean from U/8's all the way through. Just at some stage they had played Juniors there. Jack Williams is another Junior at Dingley who ended up finishing his juniors at Noble Park.

Haven't heard anything but it's pretty stressful managing the clubs finances and you do rely on some sure things at the start of the year that can sometimes not come to fruition.

Being in the know at St Pauls I can say we are at the middle to higher end of the scale but as mentioned before we get a lot of players jobs in the building industry which is fortunate for us and we are very greatful for that.

If i had to hazard a guess on the payment ladder it would go:

Dingley
East Brighton
Cheltenham
Clayton
St Pauls
Bentleigh
St Kilda City
East Malvern
Heatherton

Complete guess based on what i've heard around the league in terms of player payments etc..........
Can guarantee we wouldn't be in the top three and would certainly be behind St Pauls....despite what you hear!

Remove this Banner Ad

SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back