SFL Division 1 Only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil Smiths clearance was sign last week, going to Edi Asp.

Highett to pick up Stevie Wright's son and Brett Voss will let the club know on the 15th of this month if he wants to play, but word is he does, just didn't want to coach.

Highett is in the market for a ruckman & key forward with cashed up pockets.

Phil Smiths clearance was sign last week, going to Edi Asp.

Highett to pick up Stevie Wright's son and Brett Voss will let the club know on the 15th of this month if he wants to play, but word is he does, just didn't want to coach.

Highett is in the market for a ruckman & key forward with cashed up pockets.
Great news for the Dogs could we be the suprise packet next year?

Mr Insider I heard that Mr Cevik may not of been paid via the club but personaly by somebody down there shorly that money could of been used better ?
Cevik is one of 20-30 footballers in the SFL who are overated and overpaid.Most clubs have a couple that get to much and some don't get enough.It's up to the individual to put his hand out and if the clubs are silly enough to pay big bucks then that is there fault.
Every club has a finicial backer and East must have a good one as well (probably Mr Insider).

Thanks for lunch the other day Hawks91 the red wine went down well too! Anyway Highett losing big Phil Smith is a massive loss- was by far their best player last season. Playing on the small Regents Park ground down at Edi Asp and in a good side will suit his style too!

Great news for the Dogs could we be the suprise packet next year?
We still need a big man and a key forward, but once again will have a very good midfield.

As for Phil going and Edi Asp suiting him, he'll learn a thing or two down there. One thing phil hasn't got going for him is off-field smarts. He's not a leader IMO and acts like a 10 year old at the best of times. Team meetings are a joke to him, just a chance to let the others hear him fart. 2006 he made a ass of himself in his comeback and 2005 it was like being in high school.

We still need a big man and a key forward, but once again will have a very good midfield.

As for Phil going and Edi Asp suiting him, he'll learn a thing or two down there. One thing phil hasn't got going for him is off-field smarts. He's not a leader IMO and acts like a 10 year old at the best of times. Team meetings are a joke to him, just a chance to let the others hear him fart. 2006 he made a ass of himself in his comeback and 2005 it was like being in high school.

ha!!:D he is more than welcome to fart his way down the highway all the way to weatherall rd if he likes.;)

not everyone is cut out to be a leader. just because he is your best player it doent mean that he has to be a leader. look at fev. hynesy will be good for him i reckon.

Thanks for lunch the other day Hawks91 the red wine went down well too! Anyway Highett losing big Phil Smith is a massive loss- was by far their best player last season. Playing on the small Regents Park ground down at Edi Asp and in a good side will suit his style too!

What are you plans pizza man ???

You can't be serious Fresh..Phil Smith was best player at Highett. Not only have you lost your best player, but your captain retired and the Harris boys are gone. So you have lost your starting on ball brigade..so how can you say you have a good midfield.

As for being at the cup with the doggies money men, I assume you mean Lex and his Alcho Lap dog Dave.

Doggies in big trouble next season!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cevik is one of 20-30 footballers in the SFL who are overated and overpaid.Most clubs have a couple that get to much and some don't get enough.It's up to the individual to put his hand out and if the clubs are silly enough to pay big bucks then that is there fault.
Every club has a finicial backer and East must have a good one as well (probably Mr Insider).

To true Hawk.

But in Cevik's case he has such a negative influance on players/coaching staff at the club he is at.Spend your money on some other overated player.:thumbsdown:

To true Hawk.

But in Cevik's case he has such a negative influance on players/coaching staff at the club he is at.Spend your money on some other overated player.:thumbsdown:
Hopefully the penny will drop one day with him and he actually gets the best out of himself.A very talented player who sometimes worries more about other issues than what he's paid to do.East will need him and other blokes who were down last year to step up if they want to play finals.

You can't be serious Fresh..Phil Smith was best player at Highett. Not only have you lost your best player, but your captain retired and the Harris boys are gone. So you have lost your starting on ball brigade..so how can you say you have a good midfield.

As for being at the cup with the doggies money men, I assume you mean Lex and his Alcho Lap dog Dave.

Doggies in big trouble next season!!!
Lex was band from the races by his wife after last year when he took us all out with the quaddie winnings.

I was with a few others, but Dave did visit for a bit. Highett has a few other people with money.

As for Phil and the midfield I never said he won be a loss, but we can rebuild, we got by before without the Harris brothers.
From what I was told today Stevie Wright has a number of players that are coming, Brett Voss will get back to us on the 15th and the young guys coming through really carried the side in the last few weeks.

I didn't have much of a chance to talk footy today, but from what I got Highett is in good enough shape.

Also, read what Stevie Wright had to say here....
Wright lands at Highett

Paul Amy
07Nov07
IN the most high-profile coaching appointment in the Southern Football League for more than a decade, Highett has locked in former Sydney Swans champion Steve Wright.

Wright accepted the job last Tuesday and the following day spoke about the challenge of lifting the Bulldogs up the division one ladder.
``The people I was dealing with, Lex Marshall and Dave McHugh, painted a fairly good picture of the place,'' Wright said.

``They didn't bullsh.t and say it's perfect. They said there's some work to be done and I thought it would be worth having a go at it.''

The fact that he lives in Cheltenham was also in Highett's favour.

Wright is coming off a three-year stint at Caulfield Grammarians in the VAFA.

He got his start in coaching at Clarence in Tasmania, taking it to a premiership. Then came engagements at Central Districts in the SANFL, the NSW/ACT Rams, Western Creek and North Ballarat in the VFL. There was a grand final appearance with Districts and a last-to-finals performance with North Ballarat.

When he took on Caulfield Grammarians Wright went from coaching semi-professional players to amateurs and he adjusted his approach accordingly.

But he said football at any level involved both work and fun, as he will be telling the Highett players.

``You certainly want to win, but you've got to enjoy the game,'' he said.

``As a coach I go to training to enjoy myself and enjoy being involved with other people. It's the same with players.
They've got to know that when they go to training they're going to do some hard work but also going to have a bit of fun.

``It's an outlet. OK, you've got to work or study, but then you get a chance to have a run-around with your mates.
``Your career goes pretty quickly. You've got to make the most of it.''

He said he hadn't seen Highett play but had looked at the results and noted a paucity of goals.

``They're probably like every club in Australia _ they could use a couple of key position players and a really good goalkicker,'' he said.

``I think I can bring a few little things to the place, just in regards to professionalism, things like stats and feedback.
``I certainly won't be trying to make them into AFL/VFL footballers.''

Marshall said Highett was thrilled to secure a coach with the credentials of Wright, who played 246 games for the Swans and won the 1985 and 1990 best and fairest awards.

``The people I was dealing with, Lex Marshall and Dave McHugh, painted a fairly good picture of the place,'' Wright said.

Highett will never go forward while Lex Marshall is still pulling the strings, The club is far bigger than Lex and his puppets.

When the likes of Lex take a step back and let new blood run the club the culture will change for the better.

Heard last night that Phil Smith was off to Catani with a couple of other boys, and was not to Edi-Asp.

Lex was band from the races by his wife after last year when he took us all out with the quaddie winnings.

I was with a few others, but Dave did visit for a bit. Highett has a few other people with money.

As for Phil and the midfield I never said he won be a loss, but we can rebuild, we got by before without the Harris brothers.
From what I was told today Stevie Wright has a number of players that are coming, Brett Voss will get back to us on the 15th and the young guys coming through really carried the side in the last few weeks.

I didn't have much of a chance to talk footy today, but from what I got Highett is in good enough shape.

Wright lands at Highett

Paul Amy
07Nov07
IN the most high-profile coaching appointment in the Southern Football League for more than a decade, Highett has locked in former Sydney Swans champion Steve Wright.

Wright accepted the job last Tuesday and the following day spoke about the challenge of lifting the Bulldogs up the division one ladder.

``They didn't bullsh.t and say it's perfect. They said there's some work to be done and I thought it would be worth having a go at it.''

He got his start in coaching at Clarence in Tasmania, taking it to a premiership. Then came engagements at Central Districts in the SANFL, the NSW/ACT Rams, Western Creek and North Ballarat in the VFL. There was a grand final appearance with Districts and a last-to-finals performance with North Ballarat.

When he took on Caulfield Grammarians Wright went from coaching semi-professional players to amateurs and he adjusted his approach accordingly.

But he said football at any level involved both work and fun, as he will be telling the Highett players.

``As a coach I go to training to enjoy myself and enjoy being involved with other people. It's the same with players.
They've got to know that when they go to training they're going to do some hard work but also going to have a bit of fun.

``It's an outlet. OK, you've got to work or study, but then you get a chance to have a run-around with your mates.

He said he hadn't seen Highett play but had looked at the results and noted a paucity of goals.

``They're probably like every club in Australia _ they could use a couple of key position players and a really good goalkicker,'' he said.

``I think I can bring a few little things to the place, just in regards to professionalism, things like stats and feedback.

Marshall said Highett was thrilled to secure a coach with the credentials of Wright, who played 246 games for the Swans and won the 1985 and 1990 best and fairest awards.

Hey Fresh here's some names from 2004 onwards can you tell me if it's such a great culture down there why have these players all left and are all still playing elsewhere?

Marcus O'Brien
Shawn Scurrah
Regan Ryan
Marcus Finlay
Mark Charles
John Charles
Jason Vaughn
Richard Serzyn (would've stayed, I know he's a while back)
Paul Murphy
Phil Smith
Luke Harris
Troy Harris
Jason Meade

This is just a start, there are plenty more names.
The culture has changed, I still love the club. But wouldn't play there ever again! This isn't a slanging match I'm just interested to see what your response is. My opinion of the club these days is they want to try and quick fix everything, we had a great team to build on above but it just keeps loosing players everyyear and most of them that leave can play a bit! Why didn't Reecy sign back on???

Wright lands at Highett

Paul Amy
07Nov07

I think the appointment of Stevie Wright is fantastic for the doggies. Lex must've sold a pretty good story though cause Highett are stuffed if they don't recruit well. They need to recruit 8-10 good solid players if they want to get close to finals action this season. Can't see it happening. Don't think Vossy will play at Highett fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back