SFL Division Two - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true there was a massive brawl between Oakleigh Districts and Murrumbeena on Saturday that extended to both sides of the fence?

Yes it did!, I believe that a Murrumbeena supporter yelled something (as everybody was) at the players as they were "pushing and shoving" when the passing Oakleigh President slapped the supporter and his father got up and punched the Pres then the Pres tripped him and started to lay a few in, from there evrybody got involved but unfortunately an Elderly gent got knocked over and hit the ground head first and was knocked out for several minutes, an ambulance was called for him.
Now The Oakliegh President should be held Accountable as Firstly a man of his experience and position should Not have reacted in the way that he did and simply got on with his duties. There are plenty of witnesses if someone wants to lay an Assault Charge against the Pres...........FOOL

yes can confirm brawl between both sides on sat, old man from beena hospitalised got caught in the middle of the fight between the spectators. great game of footy to watch

Oh dear this doesn't sound good at all with this coming just a few weeks after Wayne Holdsworth placed this message to all clubs on the website
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...ID=43147&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=19456135

Here is a snippet of the article
I share with you all the embarrassment this causes the Football fraternity (i.e. king hits & crowd fights). In many leagues across Australia our game is played every week in the right spirit and issues that have been reported this last week are the last thing on players and spectators minds. However all that needs to happen is for one player or spectator to do something silly to cause an issue that could bring rise to a much larger involvement and quickly it becomes out of control and carnage occurs at the time and for weeks, months and in some cases forever after.

It will be interesting to watch the outcome of the two investigations from last weekend in these leagues. I will personally be very interested in the sanctions and whether they would in any way reflect the way in which our member clubs expect the SFL to deal with such matters.

Wayne Holdsworth
Chief Executive Officer
Southern Football League
Will be interested to hear what the outcome of this is going by the last sentence

Holdsworth will not respond very well to all this if the allegations are right. He suspended a coach last week for giving the umps a gobfull, could OD lose points, the rules say they could.Old blokes fighting what an embarrasment.

Yes it did!, I believe that a Murrumbeena supporter yelled something (as everybody was) at the players as they were "pushing and shoving" when the passing Oakleigh President slapped the supporter and his father got up and punched the Pres then the Pres tripped him and started to lay a few in, from there evrybody got involved but unfortunately an Elderly gent got knocked over and hit the ground head first and was knocked out for several minutes, an ambulance was called for him.
Now The Oakliegh President should be held Accountable as Firstly a man of his experience and position should Not have reacted in the way that he did and simply got on with his duties. There are plenty of witnesses if someone wants to lay an Assault Charge against the Pres...........FOOL

Spot on with what happened. I hope both clubs (and the league) take this matter very seriously and punish both the instigator and retaliator accordingly. Was a blight on an otherwise very entertaining game to watch - preview for the GF maybe?

Hope the old guy (1960's Beena premiership player) makes a full recovery from his broken ribs, cracked hip and shoulder.

Oh dear this doesn't sound good at all with this coming just a few weeks after Wayne Holdsworth placed this message to all clubs on the website
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...ID=43147&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=19456135

Here is a snippet of the article

Will be interested to hear what the outcome of this is going by the last sentence

Nothing will happen because of the clubs that were involved. If it were a Doveton, Sandown or someone like that, all he'll would break loose. It is not the first fight in the crowd at Murrumbeena this year, regardless of who started it there is a common denominator and I am pretty certain that there was more than one there last year too. Murrumbeenas crowd are the worst in Div 2 at there ground and they are allowed to get away with it. It was only a matter of time until it spiralled out of control. Hope the old bloke is ok.

Mean Gene, I have heard from 1 of the clubs that the League sent out info 3 weeks ago about this very issue and dont be surprised if OD lose points. I dont think Holdswoth will care what club they are...it did not worry him last week with Mordialloc nor another first div club earlier in the season.... It will be interesting in the next few days....

It takes two to tango. Murrumbeena's history suggests they will take zero responsibility in this and will point all the blame @ OD.. They are the repeat offenders this season and the league should crack down on them before they do OD. They should look at Murrumbeena's behaviour both on and off the ground and put the entire club on notice. Be a disgrace if the league takes the points off OD.

It takes two to tango. Murrumbeena's history suggests they will take zero responsibility in this and will point all the blame @ OD.. They are the repeat offenders this season and the league should crack down on them before they do OD. They should look at Murrumbeena's behaviour both on and off the ground and put the entire club on notice. Be a disgrace if the league takes the points off OD.

I watched Skye v Murrumbeena game there this year. Skye were beaten by a better team that day by the way. I would totally agree with the above post. There Murrumbeena senior runner (ex player) spent the whole day on the field and at one stage remonstrated with a Skye player, mouthed off and carried on all day. There coach encouraged it throughout. The Skye senior coach questioned him after the game in the social rooms and he was very happy about it. I believe Skye may even have a special guest runner on the return bout........lol. The Murrumbeena players and supporters were calling Skye players and supporters Carrum Downs scum etc all day and trying to insight things (not all of us fit into that category)I'm all for banter but you could just tell that it could erupt at anytime and obviously on Saturday it has. I wonder if these supporters will travel down to Carrum Downs next time. It was a past player day down there Saturday so I would assume there would have been reps from the league there. It will be interesting to hear or see there account of things. I still believe nothing will come of it though. Wouldn't mind OD losing there points from a Skye point of view.

Mean, Lets talk again LATER IN THE WEEK and see if you think nothing will come of it, the league surel;y cannot afford to just accept an aplogy when they warned clubs 3 weeks ago. Some damning pics are on social websites, they will not like the look at the SFL.The Prez has wacked a young bloke and the young blokes old man wacked the Prez = action will occur I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abela is weak as piss for leaving midseason. from all reports he was welcomed by everyone and also was named vice-captain/ assistant coach. if the dragons don't beat BR then that will almost guarantee relegation. this is a huge game for both sides so i hope to see some more familiar premiership faces out there to see the dragons get back on the winning horse

Pretty average to leave them mid season like that..
I was chatting to a former team mate of Abela's the other day. They are over the moon to have him back as they are struggling big time, having only won 1 game for the year (not that i think he will make a huge difference). He also said the dragons were paying him 100$ a game and offered him a trip to China all expenses payed! Not bad for a club that only plays for the love of the jumper..

Cmon so what if Southern Dragons paid him. I'm sure they had to spend money to improve on last year. I heard the Hammers a forking out fair bit this year for not much of a return. The top clubs spendheaps also

Hi guys, I'm the president of the Dragons. "you white maggot", that's a pretty good offer, can I have it? I'm not going to explain our club to you, I don't understand why the Dragon's not paying players suddenly becomes a point of attack. We don't have a budget to pay players, and we don't pay players to play footy for us. That's it. With 4 teams we need every cent to keep our club going.

We did plan trip to China after the season for a couple of tour matches, the idea was to have enough numbers so we can reduce the overall cost down to a minimum, and have a couple of sponsors on board for the trip, you can spin that whichever way you want, but no one is getting an all expenses paid trip to China. Due to tour match changes we will be changing our destination.

Best of luck to everyone, keep up the footy banter!!!

Absolutely no excuse for anyone let alone a President to get physical. An absolute disgrace, both clubs should be fined heavily

See the bombers fly up, up..... Well i think everyone knows the rest by now!!!
Another handy win, good to see macca kick another bag, but solid contributors to go with it!!
Still tight at the top but with being basically a game clear via % we're pretty happy with where we are!!

I hear Merlo is starting to gain a bit of fitness, just clear him for the finals!!

See the bombers fly up, up..... Well i think everyone knows the rest by now!!!
Another handy win, good to see macca kick another bag, but solid contributors to go with it!!
Still tight at the top but with being basically a game clear via % we're pretty happy with where we are!!

I hear Merlo is starting to gain a bit of fitness, just clear him for the finals!!
Is it true SMASH played today? If he did is the greatest comeback since mick Yiannides severely broken leg injury.

yep, big result. did you catch the game . did both have a full compliment.
nah didn't see it - not involved in either club, just couldn't believe the result when reading it online! Only notable out that i noticed was Hart wasn't playing for Malvern, but I wouldn't know any players from either team anyway...

yep, big result. did you catch the game . did both have a full compliment.
Beena was missing two players that I know of, Josh Smith (Fwd, new born) and gun midfielder Dean Spanos who is on Holiday in Europe, lets hope it is (as Brad Scott would say) "An Aberation" and Beena does well against the Dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back