SFNL Division 1 2017

WHO WILL WIN THE 2017 DIV 1 FLAG

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think east Malvern won't fit in the points system? City the other ones?
Not sure how it would effect EM? Everyone who played last year will drop a point(except those already on 1pt). They have what 6-7 new players, a couple who will be 4 pointers, the rest 3? If we say 7 players, all fit, will cost , at most 28 points, but probably closer to 23 or 24, they then have 20 plus points to fit in the remaining players. Going on last season, at least 2/3 of the rest will be home grown or have played several seasons at EM and be 1pointers. Any more newbies and they would have more issues, but you'd think they would be ok.

On the back of 1 player?

Aren't Dingley getting a couple of their boys back from the VFL?
They have picked up 4 ex Vermont guns I believe, Ryan mullet is an absolute jet. Yeah dingley get peet and noodles back from Frankston, and I've heard possibly another couple from noble park. Div 1 will be very strong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have picked up 4 ex Vermont guns I believe, Ryan mullet is an absolute jet. Yeah dingley get peet and noodles back from Frankston, and I've heard possibly another couple from noble park. Div 1 will be very strong
Is that Mullett plus the four that went with him to Rye? Simon Taylor, Kris Bardon, Dean Millhouse, Nathan Handley? Is this fact or just rumour? If fact, you have an ex- afl player, four or five EFL div-1 best and fairests, and multiple EFL reps in that lot. The only downside, if any, is that they would all be getting on a bit. I think another ex-Vermont gun Matt Greig was also at Rye.

Is that Mullett plus the four that went with him to Rye? Simon Taylor, Kris Bardon, Dean Millhouse, Nathan Handley? Is this fact or just rumour? If fact, you have an ex- afl player, four or five EFL div-1 best and fairests, and multiple EFL reps in that lot. The only downside, if any, is that they would all be getting on a bit. I think another ex-Vermont gun Matt Greig was also at Rye.

Really good for the comp to attract this caliber of players. The questions is East Malvern who is going as they had a points avg of 44 and with a full side used 46 points and as far as i can see nobody is leaving?

East Malvern
2016 finish: 4th
Highest points used: 46
Lowest points used: 37
Ave: 44

East Malvern have forked out a lot of dollars the last 2 seasons to finish 4th. They'd be the only team even close to the salary cap. Let's hope the chequebook buys them higher on the ladder this year

Yep that’s what I’ve heard. All getting on but they would still be a real handful at this level. Due to club/comp B&Fs, rep footy etc most would be at 4 pointers I reckon.

Boom or bust for the combine this year as players of that quality don't come cheap.

Yep that’s what I’ve heard. All getting on but they would still be a real handful at this level. Due to club/comp B&Fs, rep footy etc most would be at 4 pointers I reckon.

Boom or bust for the combine this year as players of that quality don't come cheap.
Only would be 4 points if top 5 in club bnf in 2016 or switched to 3 clubs in 3 years. Think they are at Rye for 2 years though. Could all be 3 pointers

Only would be 4 points if top 5 in club bnf in 2016 or switched to 3 clubs in 3 years. Think they are at Rye for 2 years though. Could all be 3 pointers

Ithought that the extra point for club or comp B&F and rep selection extended beyond just the previous year? When I can be bothered, I’ll look it up but for now accept you are probably correct.

Taylor and Handley have played VAFA, EFL, MPNL and now SFL since 2011. For the others, it will be comp #3 across the last 4 or 5 years. That is of course assuming it eventuates, which appears likely at this stage.

East Malvern have forked out a lot of dollars the last 2 seasons to finish 4th. They'd be the only team even close to the salary cap. Let's hope the chequebook buys them higher on the ladder this year

You say that almost like it's a fact. Who would be the big money players over the last 2 years? This will be fascinating.

Remove this Banner Ad

SFNL Division 1 2017

Back