SFNL Division 1 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Early July and looking at ladder postion / fixture Finals footy is upon us for division 1 with a straight up elimination final with Ex AFL colts v The Peninsula All stars, loser more than likely curtains for this season for lots of dollars spent

Colts will hopefully ensure Swanny is playing and the 2010 comrades roll in along with the current stars.. will make for quite the crowd and a cash cow for the colts and hopefully swanny only has a few sodas tonight and the festivities are reserved for tomorrow night, the wharfies will be rocking!!!

Might have to drive down the link and watch tomorrow or Dingley v Cranbourne … They seem to have the mojo back the eagles , huge game also.

Early July and looking at ladder postion / fixture Finals footy is upon us for division 1 with a straight up elimination final with Ex AFL colts v The Peninsula All stars, loser more than likely curtains for this season for lots of dollars spent

Colts will hopefully ensure Swanny is playing and the 2010 comrades roll in along with the current stars.. will make for quite the crowd and a cash cow for the colts and hopefully swanny only has a few sodas tonight and the festivities are reserved for tomorrow night, the wharfies will be rocking!!!

Might have to drive down the link and watch tomorrow or Dingley v Cranbourne … They seem to have the mojo back the eagles , huge game also.
Port Colts resembling an EJ Whitten legends side at the moment

No doubt both sides have spent plenty this year as both sides have 6-8 players in their side who would be top paid players in the competition
Probably comes down to who has the better bottom end players
One or both will miss out on finals which is a lot of cash for no dividends

Last edited:

My beloved Cranbourne are still thinking they are way too good.

A lot of members left before the year started , to many egos amongst the committee, list wasn’t the youngest last year , I can’t see us being any where close to what we were for another 5 years with the absolute bogans running the show .

Lost there ways

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I take my hat off to St Paul’s , they recruit very well within the areas . Spoke to a few people down who are involved in clubs in the bayside area , all the players they recruit are from word of mouth !

They have a great system down there and I believe they are the best club in the league since we crossed over .

Every one says dingley ! They are plastic and don’t see the big hype . Over paid players and a coach who gets credited for what ? Spending a shit load ! The new deer park ?

I take my hat off to St Paul’s , they recruit very well within the areas . Spoke to a few people down who are involved in clubs in the bayside area , all the players they recruit are from word of mouth !

They have a great system down there and I believe they are the best club in the league since we crossed over .

Every one says dingley ! They are plastic and don’t see the big hype . Over paid players and a coach who gets credited for what ? Spending a shit load ! The new deer park ?

St P's are well run ,sadly have lost 19's due to the parasite club Glen Eira up the road who can't get their own .

St P's are well run ,sadly have lost 19's due to the parasite club Glen Eira up the road who can't get their own .
Families will inevitably vote with their feet. Good on Glen Eira for seeing an opening through the school, no one owns kids.
St Pauls & your own club Ormond to a certain extent, might have been a bit complacent thinking kids will just transition from U/17s to U/19s with little work having to be done & GE seized the opportunity

The standard of SFNL U/19s competition up until now has been sub par so that may have gone against St Pauls rebooting their U/19s program & kids looking elsewhere

St Pauls have an U/17.5 div 3 team this season so you'd say with Pete Smith touted as being their U/19s coach (for the 3rd season in a row) in 2025, they may have another crack. However I did walk the dog passed St Pauls U/17s training preseason one time in Jan to see his brother shouting at 12 kids on a hot Sunday morning whilst they just continually just run laps. Maybe time to reassess the training program or bed side manner

Families will inevitably vote with their feet. Good on Glen Eira for seeing an opening through the school, no one owns kids.
St Pauls & your own club Ormond to a certain extent, might have been a bit complacent thinking kids will just transition from U/17s to U/19s with little work having to be done & GE seized the opportunity

The standard of SFNL U/19s competition up until now has been sub par so that may have gone against St Pauls rebooting their U/19s program & kids looking elsewhere

St Pauls have an U/17.5 div 3 team this season so you'd say with Pete Smith touted as being their U/19s coach (for the 3rd season in a row) in 2025, they may have another crack. However I did walk the dog passed St Pauls U/17s training preseason one time in Jan to see his brother shouting at 12 kids on a hot Sunday morning whilst they just continually just run laps. Maybe time to reassess the training program or bed side manner
It's the way GE do it , is the issue , kids can go where they want . SP's should've changed name to McKinnon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St.Pauls committee seem to get it right more often than not with appointing the right coach and it flows to the playing group, listened into him at the huddles round 1 and he spoke brilliantly well to the young group. No surprises to see them in the position they are

Dingley- rorted the salary for years, no contract to big or to small, watched them a few times this season most notably against Cheltenham Rd 10 and were well beaten in all aspects of the game that day then the Sunday morning the phones are operating pre clearance deadline but good luck to them they can give the top 2 a fright if they can get there best 22 on the park

Ventured down to the swanny/ Bellchambers show Saturday , was hoping hibberd / caddy were on show aswell… ?

my my my how the All Stars stayed in that game for aslong as they did with the amount of unforced errors they made all day and decision making and then to kick 3 goals in 2 mins to pinch the lead very late in the game was a twist that I wouldn’t have assumed to eventuate watching it. The colts played the better brand and had the better team balance across the deck than the All Stars who I haven’t seen all to much of other than a half earlier in the season but are carrying 1-2 talls too many to my eye and lack 18-22 player depth. Not sure they can go deep in September if they happen to be lucky to squeeze in and the Colts can probably plan for 2025 if they can’t defeat Springvale.

Back to back weeks of watching the colts

My beloved Cranbourne are still thinking they are way too good.

A lot of members left before the year started , to many egos amongst the committee, list wasn’t the youngest last year , I can’t see us being any where close to what we were for another 5 years with the absolute bogans running the show .

Lost there ways

With bitching like this I trust you’ve put your hand up to get involved and fix things?

Always plenty of people happy to bag the volunteers running clubs, funnily enough they often go quiet when the call for help goes out.

Just accept that Dingley tore you a new one mate and move on!
Dingley operate on 28 - 31 player points every week and haven't had a social club for 2 years so this talk of big money being thrown around is crap. Just a very well run, family club operated by a bunch of brilliant volunteers.

St Pauls certainly punch above their weight but Chelt has played Cranbourne in 2 Grand Finals in the 2 years since you came over , are undefeated this Season and lost 2019 when odds on favourite and equal 1st in one of the Covid years before it was stopped early so not sure what facts you’re running on

Dingley operate on 28 - 31 player points every week and haven't had a social club for 2 years so this talk of big money being thrown around is crap. Just a very well run, family club operated by a bunch of brilliant volunteers.

I accept that we are no good this year ?
That’s one thing dingley can not accept js they are not this club they make them selves out to be !

When was there last finals win ?

They have had players in these finals with massive resumes .

Tim McGuinness - Jake Mullen - Nathan freeman - Cameron Hanson - Van Unen - Cameron Dickie - Dolan - Ferguson.

Now players like TDL - SIPPOS - Barnes

They are all players who demand 600 minimum .

Wake up mate

That’s one thing dingley can not accept js they are not this club they make them selves out to be !

Tim McGuinness - Jake Mullen - Nathan freeman - Cameron Hanson - Van Unen - Cameron Dickie - Dolan - Ferguson.

Wake up mate

Agree with most but Hanson is now in the 2s & Cameron Dickie is a 23 year old who came from the Vultures & is in their bottom 6, so I wouldn't think he'd have a history of asking for big money

Wake up mate

Wake up mate

Quit while you’re behind mate! Dingley 4 Flags since 2015 and a game clear on top in the Covid year! Not too shabby

Agree with most but Hanson is now in the 2s & Cameron Dickie is a 23 year old who came from the Vultures & is in their bottom 6, so I wouldn't think he'd have a history of asking for big money

Wasn’t dickie on zebras list last year.

And Hanson was exploring Cranbourne last year at the price of 700 only reason why i have thrown him in .

Over rated player he was any way to be fare

They have deep pockets and definitely pay over the cap.
The money offered to Lewis , Lewis and stretton js crazy , then money to TDL and Sippos.
Still not happy with the squad then let’s throw good coin at barnes.

Part of coaching is also developing your under 19’s and ressies players , not just buying flags

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They have deep pockets and definitely pay over the cap.
The money offered to Lewis , Lewis and stretton js crazy , then money to TDL and Sippos.
Still not happy with the squad then let’s throw good coin at barnes.

Part of coaching is also developing your under 19’s and ressies players , not just buying flags

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Check the Player Points mate, 2nd lowest in the comp last week and lowest for most of the season. Clever recruiting is what it’s about but if you like I’ll send our coaches mobile to you and you can tell him how to coach yourself!

SFNL Division 1 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back