SFNL Division 1 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Check the Player Points mate, 2nd lowest in the comp last week and lowest for most of the season. Clever recruiting is what it’s about but if you like I’ll send our coaches mobile to you and you can tell him how to coach yourself!

Every club plays under the 46 point threshold.
Does every club play under the salary cap ?
I would strongly suggest that Dingley isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just from my understanding only being in the league a short time .

Dingley are the club that have been protected and glorified by the league .

Many years they were coached by a coach you could only describe a rolls Royce!

Left them in a very strong position as a club. The success they had within the senior squad included the 19s and reserves being premiers within these years .

Just proves that over the last 3 years dingley have been a rabble for not sticking with the 19s and reserves who should be getting a look in well before finding quick fix big money players .

How can you in 3 years ruin all the hard work put into the development to just overlook them ?

Dingley unfortunately have shown there hand and now for the first time slipped up and exposed how desperate they really are for a flag.

And that community, strong junior crap that they use each year has been compromised

Wake up ! Your club has had the best side in all 4 men’s teams .

Look under neath too many kids and players being robbed of a proper go at senior level and all for your ego !

Stop praising yourself and realise the truth . Because you are now the joke and every one is starting to understand the fakeness all these years .

League can’t just overlook such a breach surrounding salary cap .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just from my understanding only being in the league a short time .

Dingley are the club that have been protected and glorified by the league .

Many years they were coached by a coach you could only describe a rolls Royce!

Left them in a very strong position as a club. The success they had within the senior squad included the 19s and reserves being premiers within these years .

Just proves that over the last 3 years dingley have been a rabble for not sticking with the 19s and reserves who should be getting a look in well before finding quick fix big money players .

How can you in 3 years ruin all the hard work put into the development to just overlook them ?

Dingley unfortunately have shown there hand and now for the first time slipped up and exposed how desperate they really are for a flag.

And that community, strong junior crap that they use each year has been compromised

Wake up ! Your club has had the best side in all 4 men’s teams .

Look under neath too many kids and players being robbed of a proper go at senior level and all for your ego !

Stop praising yourself and realise the truth . Because you are now the joke and every one is starting to understand the fakeness all these years .

League can’t just overlook such a breach surrounding salary cap .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dingleys new Clubrooms opening later in the year and look amazing and they’re aiming for 2nd spot on the ladder, probably come down to playing St Pauls in rd 18, why are they a joke in a League that has had East Malvern and St Kilda City in Div 1 hardly observing a salary cap and look where those Clubs are now

Dingleys new Clubrooms opening later in the year and look amazing and they’re aiming for 2nd spot on the ladder, probably come down to playing St Pauls in rd 18, why are they a joke in a League that has had East Malvern and St Kilda City in Div 1 hardly observing a salary cap and look where those Clubs are now
I wonder how the suspension of the CFMEU from future Vic Gov big build projects, will effect Port Colts future recruiting?

What do we take out of the draw between stpauls and Chelt?
Have stpauls closed the gap on Chelt ?

I think they need a new recruiting strategy. The part timers aren’t working. Some very ordinary results.

Watched the first half at Springvale yesterday.

The wheels are starting to spin in the mud at the colts, could not find a team that looked as lethargic or disinterested as the colts. Scrap the ex AFL experiment, A clean out is required and start from scratch. They are a ‘watch this space ‘ last 4 rounds and most likely some hard thinking required on a sustainable model going forward. There will be no easy games next year and if the colts committee don’t think long and hard and start planning for 25’ now they could be the next ‘city’.

Watched the Last quarter at the Heights. Lewis moving well and is the form forward in the comp, heights punching above their weight division and yes injuries to some very good players but I think division 2 for the foreseeable future the place for them…

Watched the first half at Springvale yesterday.

The wheels are starting to spin in the mud at the colts, could not find a team that looked as lethargic or disinterested as the colts. Scrap the ex AFL experiment, A clean out is required and start from scratch. They are a ‘watch this space ‘ last 4 rounds and most likely some hard thinking required on a sustainable model going forward. There will be no easy games next year and if the colts committee don’t think long and hard and start planning for 25’ now they could be the next ‘city’.

Watched the Last quarter at the Heights. Lewis moving well and is the form forward in the comp, heights punching above their weight division and yes injuries to some very good players but I think division 2 for the foreseeable future the place for them…

Looks like only Caddy played of the ex AFL players on Saturday

Looks like only Caddy played of the ex AFL players on Saturday
Caddy Had a day out today against an undermanned St Paul side
East Bri must have had a big 3rd quarter against Cranbourne without lamb and Backman playing
Might come down to percentage who plays finals between east Brighton and Cranbourne
Strong comp if port colts can only manage 7th spending 200k

East Bri must have had a big 3rd quarter against Cranbourne without lamb and Backman playing
Might come down to percentage who plays finals between east Brighton and Cranbourne
And you would believe in the tooth fairy and Easter bunny no doubt

Suppose you bought a fair few ostrich farms in Africa over the journey if you believe that BS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

16 Colts juniours lined up yesterday. Reckon being around Swan & Pig & Caddy is a bad thing for them?
I very highly doubt this statistic. Your player points do not indicate this… but none the less a good win for your club but spending the coin you are to finish 6th at best I suggest is an unsustainable model.

St.Pauls seem to hobbling to the finish line, will be a cracking game v arch rivals the All Stars this coming Saturday who are also coming off a very good win v Cranbourne… who seem to be at the end of their run, but have been a fantastic introduction to the Southern.

I very highly doubt this statistic. Your player points do not indicate this… but none the less a good win for your club but spending the coin you are to finish 6th at best I suggest is an unsustainable model.

St.Pauls seem to hobbling to the finish line, will be a cracking game v arch rivals the All Stars this coming Saturday who are also coming off a very good win v Cranbourne… who seem to be at the end of their run, but have been a fantastic introduction to the Southern.
Going off what the club social media put out prior to the game.

Dingley has changed with the coach. When morwood was there there best and core players where all ex juniors playin for peanuts as there all best mates. Noodles won a league medal on 50$ a game. The 3 peat dingoes would absolutely wallop chelt and the current dingoes espically at a springvale back in the day they wouldnt get within 10 goals.

Dingley has changed with the coach. When morwood was there there best and core players where all ex juniors playin for peanuts as there all best mates. Noodles won a league medal on 50$ a game. The 3 peat dingoes would absolutely wallop chelt and the current dingoes espically at a springvale back in the day they wouldnt get within 10 goals.
Ok so lets compare the pair

Dingley 2015 Premiers
1. Steve Gaertner 2. Daniel Bolger 3. Marcus Freeman 5. Bret Lavers 7. Tony Lavers 9. Travis La Rocca 10. Danny Ades
11. Josh Boyle 12. Luke Bartholomew 13. Matthew Morwood 15. Stuart Cleeve 16. Daniel Farmer 18. Andrew Frost
19. Thomas Wright 20. Lee Wonnacott 23. Dean Francis 24. Jake Mullen 25. Jackson Peet 27. Calhan Macqueen
28. Daniel Turcarelli 32. Jack Clausen 35. James Ball

Round 10, 2024 Cheltenham team (at 44 points) vs Dingley
1. Jackson Kilner 3. Dylan Weickhardt 8. Bane Suboticki 10. Jake Davis 12. Declan McComb 14. Sam Dunell 15. Alec McComb 16. Nic Waterstone 18. Daniel Vaughn 20. Jacob Edwards 22. Jack Worrell 24. Sam Hayes 26. Austin Johnson
27. Finn Ryan 29. Rob Cathcart 30. Sebastian Mooney 32. Jack Lonie 34. Jack Garnaut 35. Jarryd Bloink 36. Sam Lonie 38. Ronan Keating 42. Sean Lai 47. Ben McDonell

Initially I thought that was a pretty extreme statement that "3 peat Dingoes would wallop Chelt" but I'd have to say I reckon that 2015 Dingoes wouldn't 'wallop' but would win

Good topic for discussion

Dingley 2015 Premiers
1. Steve Gaertner 2. Daniel Bolger 3. Marcus Freeman 5. Bret Lavers 7. Tony Lavers 9. Travis La Rocca 10. Danny Ades
11. Josh Boyle 12. Luke Bartholomew 13. Matthew Morwood 15. Stuart Cleeve 16. Daniel Farmer 18. Andrew Frost
19. Thomas Wright 20. Lee Wonnacott 23. Dean Francis 24. Jake Mullen 25. Jackson Peet 27. Calhan Macqueen

1. Jackson Kilner 3. Dylan Weickhardt 8. Bane Suboticki 10. Jake Davis 12. Declan McComb 14. Sam Dunell 15. Alec McComb 16. Nic Waterstone 18. Daniel Vaughn 20. Jacob Edwards 22. Jack Worrell 24. Sam Hayes 26. Austin Johnson
27. Finn Ryan 29. Rob Cathcart 30. Sebastian Mooney 32. Jack Lonie 34. Jack Garnaut 35. Jarryd Bloink 36. Sam Lonie 38. Ronan Keating 42. Sean Lai 47. Ben McDonell

Initially I thought that was a pretty extreme statement that "3 peat Dingoes would wallop Chelt" but I'd have to say I reckon that 2015 Dingoes wouldn't 'wallop' but would win

If you think 2015 SFNL Div 1 was a better standard than the last 3 years for instance then good luck to you but it wasn’t. No matter what a first time poster puts up, common opinion in suburban football circles is that the WRFL was only the lesser standard league in Melbourne back then

If you think 2015 SFNL Div 1 was a better standard than the last 3 years for instance then good luck to you but it wasn’t. No matter what a first time poster puts up, common opinion in suburban football circles is that the WRFL was only the lesser standard league in Melbourne back then
Absolutely agree, the standard of SFNL Div 1 has lifted no doubt. In 2015 there was only one team in it (Dingley) & everyone else was playing for 2nd. In 2024 we have (at full strength) there are 3 teams that can win it, with Cheltenham out in front

The comparison was a Dingley 2015 v Cheltenham 2024. i.e. Team v team, not standard of comp in 2015 vs standard of comp in 2024

Absolutely agree, the standard of SFNL Div 1 has lifted no doubt. In 2015 there was only one team in it (Dingley) & everyone else was playing for 2nd. In 2024 we have (at full strength) there are 3 teams that can win it, with Cheltenham out in front

The comparison was a Dingley 2015 v Cheltenham 2024. i.e. Team v team, not standard of comp in 2015 vs standard of comp in 2024

If East Brighton didn’t shit the bed in the prelim, that grand final would’ve been interesting in 2015. Definitely wasn’t just one team in it.
But, I do agree, the standard of SFL today compared to 2015 is much better.
A lot better depth. With Cranbourne, East and Port fighting for fifth spot the comp is in a good place.
Add Narre next year and it gets even better.
Plus Beena or Doveton would be more competitive than Chelsea or Mordi

Dingley 2015 Premiers

Take that 2015 team then add lucas walmsley, josh ferguson and another league medalist in chris milne and they win 2016 by 100 plus. The standard is great now and i hope it gets better and better but before dingley when st pauls east brighton ran the show those 2 sides would beat any team in sfnl now. Id even put st kilda city late 2000s early 2010s in there. There not a player in the league now that would come close to ezra poyas and luke james

Interesting a club like Beaumaris who have lost 3rds during the year and forfeited the reserves last week , could this be because of the SFL improving and players taking the cash
Beaumaris would not beat the top 7 in division 1 at the moment. They are going backwards and backwards fast. Look at St.Bedes…They have 5-6 of their ex scholars in the comp now too and they’ve won 1 game… But let’s stay SFNL Talk.

The hierarchy has posted the structure for next season…I believe it’s right for mordialloc and Chelsea to be relegated, makes for a tight tough comp next year, club would want to have their ducks in a row ….

Remove this Banner Ad

SFNL Division 1 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back