SNFL Div 4 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hampton v Hallam

Hamptons midfield and ability to capitalise on inside 50s early was the difference. From then on they played the game on their terms.

Lyndale v Moorabbin

Moorabbin suprised everyone early with an amazing first 1/4, but just when you thought they were about to dish out another Hampton, Lyndale wheeled them back in and the sprint to the finish line is what finals footy is all about, tight contest and for the fans. Great game.

Hallam v Lyndale, should be a cracking game next weekend.

Reserves:

Results went probably as predicted?

Big weekend for Hallam on the track as no doubt both teams would hate to go out in straight sets.

Last edited:
Went to the Lyndale V Moorabbin Kangas game yesterday at Jack Barker oval and what a great day it was. The ground was bathed in sunshine, the canteen, bbq and coffee van were jumping as were the supporters. The game was one for the ages. Both teams gave it their all. Moorabbin kicked away in the first quarter but Lyndale fought back to be only 1 point down at half-time. The second half was an epic battle with the lead changing a few times but not by much. Some great marks and great goals by both sides. The game ebbed and flowed but Lyndale kicked away in the last quarter and were set for a win but Moorabbin never gave up and almost pinched it to only lose by 3 points. Thanks to both sides for a great performance. I took my camcorder with me and recorded the memorable last half. Will upload to YouTube tomorrow and share the link on this site. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Went to the Lyndale V Moorabbin Kangas game yesterday at Jack Barker oval and what a great day it was. The ground was bathed in sunshine, the canteen, bbq and coffee van were jumping as were the supporters. The game was one for the ages. Both teams gave it their all. Moorabbin kicked away in the first quarter but Lyndale fought back to be only 1 point down at half-time. The second half was an epic battle with the lead changing a few times but not by much. Some great marks and great goals by both sides. The game ebbed and flowed but Lyndale kicked away in the last quarter and were set for a win but Moorabbin never gave up and almost pinched it to only lose by 3 points. Thanks to both sides for a great performance. I took my camcorder with me and recorded the memorable last half. Will upload to YouTube tomorrow and share the link on this site. Gotta luv suburban footy.
Yep agree with all that was good game to watch and good ground for finals i haven’t seen Hampton so i can’t comment on them but if lyndale or hallam happen to win it they will have recruit really well as iv seen a lot of Div 2 this year and skye who were winless and stkilda city who were competitive in a fair few games and stiff to go down would easily beat those two teams by 10 or more goals i think and I’m sure those 2 clubs will be recruiting well to
Hopefully go back to Div 2

Yep agree with all that was good game to watch and good ground for finals i haven’t seen Hampton so i can’t comment on them but if lyndale or hallam happen to win it they will have recruit really well as iv seen a lot of Div 2 this year and skye who were winless and stkilda city who were competitive in a fair few games and stiff to go down would easily beat those two teams by 10 or more goals i think and I’m sure those 2 clubs will be recruiting well to
Hopefully go back to Div

Hopefully go back to Div 2
Still a big jump from top of D4 to second bottom of D2 (St Kilda City)….effectively as they stand the 19th ranked team- City and 29th ranked team- Winner D4 in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SFNL Reserves - Hampton Hammers V Moorabbin Kangaroos - Elimination Final on 18 August 2024.
Last quarter video:

Last HALF game-day scenes from the SFNL Division 4 Reserves Preliminary Final between Hallam Hawks and Hampton Hammers played yesterday at Jack Barker Oval.

Hallam Hawks V Lyndale Pumas Seniors - last-HALF game-day video from the SFNL Division 4 Seniors Preliminary Final played at Jack Barker Oval on Saturday 24th August 2024.

… one that Lyndale let slip. Hallam kept them in the game with inaccurate kicking but just when you thought it was all over enter Jack Sharlassian. Turned the game in a 10min period and secured Hallams GF appearance.

Reserves

A great game off footy! Hamptons never say die attitude and rock solid back line stopped any moment of Hallam taking the game away in the last qtr.

Grand Final Weekend

Seniors

Hampton v Hallam

Reserves

Lyndale v Hampton

… one that Lyndale let slip. Hallam kept them in the game with inaccurate kicking but just when you thought it was all over enter Jack Sharlassian. Turned the game in a 10min period and secured Hallams GF appearance.

Reserves

A great game off footy! Hamptons never say die attitude and rock solid back line stopped any moment of Hallam taking the game away in the last qtr.

Grand Final Weekend

Seniors

Hampton v Hallam

Reserves

Lyndale v Hampton
Agree with yr comments - I thought Lyndale dominated the third quarter but didn't put Hallam away. Should have led by more than 16 points at the final change. Hallam was just magnificent in the last quarter and had too much run in the end. Great game. Was Jack Sharlassian No. 20? If so, he was unstoppable in the last.

Agree with yr comments - I thought Lyndale dominated the third quarter but didn't put Hallam away. Should have led by more than 16 points at the final change. Hallam was just magnificent in the last quarter and had too much run in the end. Great game. Was Jack Sharlassian No. 20? If so, he was unstoppable in the last.
Yep.. #20

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 4 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back