Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

There's speculation Carlton are in the wings for a "contract dump" type deal with a club trying to clear room for an acquisition.
It wouldn't be for just Bolton. We definitely have room for one of Bolton or Warner and additionally, the only contracts we have that are "dumpworthy" are Cox and Darcy and I don't see either going to Blues.

Must be someone else

They have to pay a heap of his contract if they want good picks.
Judging off the 100 rich list his contract is a liability.
By the list he’s paid top 5 in 2024
Not sure what the vice captains brayshaw bnf AFL MVP and serong 2x bnf 2x aa who aren’t in the top 20 would think of a 0x bnf 1x aa fwd flanker getting paid more than them.
For tiges to get 9 and 16 they have to be paying 50% of his contract surely

Maybe the scenario is for both of them?
There is some stuff bubbling around on Warner and I could see it with Jackson and Draper able to take over from either of those names but Cox just had a kid and is from SA (his parner from WA) and you obvioulsy dont need Darcy. I would still expect something back for either of them in a trade as well so while Freo make sense due to possible targets, I dont see how anyone would be going to Carlton.

The only other possible name on the way out for us is Swtta and that is absolutely not a cap dump and would require a pick in the 20s IMO.

It wouldn't be for just Bolton. We definitely have room for one of Bolton or Warner and additionally, the only contracts we have that are "dumpworthy" are Cox and Darcy and I don't see either going to Blues.

Must be someone else
We've agreed that Brodie should be on fairly low YoY salary and would've basically exchanged YoY salary for contract security. But if we're wrong about that, Brodie fits the dump worthy category way more than those 2, at least for this year. Hell, even on a low YoY salary it might be a dump.

I'd agree more likely someone else though.

We've agreed that Brodie should be on fairly low YoY salary and would've basically exchanged YoY salary for contract security. But if we're wrong about that, Brodie fits the dump worthy category way more than those 2, at least for this year. Hell, even on a low YoY salary it might be a dump.

I'd agree more likely someone else though.
Maybe, but what would Carlton possibly want to do with Brodie and I dont think Brodie is reliant on getting anyone, he'd be free to a good home regardless of anyone we bring in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rumour was that the player wouldn't really fill a need but that it'd be made worthwhile via draft pick/upgrade.
Hmm, maybe then, I cant imagine it's going to be much though and we'd actually need every bit of currency we have to get Warner and Bolton. Still, if we hear Brodie is going to Carlton I'm going to start getting pretty damn excited

It will be 9 and 26 for Bolton
10 and 16 for Pickett
Warner will get traded in in 2025 for
25,26 first rders and a second
Up the mighty Anchors!
That’s quite the optimistic read. Did you send a letter to Santa early?

With where Freo finished this year they are essentially turning 9 + Lachie Schultz into Bolton, the only reason Freo fans are happy to give up 9 & 16 is because they know it's unders.

There is no reason to trade Bolton, we have the whip hand, we already getting pick 6 for Rioli at a minimum, we have the number 1 pick in the draft.

There is a reason Bolton has not nominated a club, he knows their is a possibility he stays at Richmond if their not given what they want.

Sure no reason to trade into this draft …you’ve got 1 & 6…couple of 2nds & 3rds

Just a reminder- you won 2 games and had a % of 63.66 & ranked
Kicks 17th
Tackles 18th
Goals 18th
Marks 15th

Dusty, Pickett, Naismith & Grimes gone….only played minimal games so perhaps no worse off in 2025.

By next season start (age) -
Prestia 32 & Lynch 32 - both were injured for most of 2024
Broad 31, McIntosh 30, Vlastuin 30 & Nankervis 30 all played most of the 2024 season.

If Baker, Rioli & Graham walk ……you’d want to be super active in finding some 50 to 100 game players or draft some play now draftees to line up next to Shai.

With where Freo finished this year they are essentially turning 9 + Lachie Schultz into Bolton, the only reason Freo fans are happy to give up 9 & 16 is because they know it's unders.
We would most likely think it’s fair.

If I was a Tiger fan no doubt I’d be saying 9 & 10.

I'm sure Richmond will be greatly concerned as to the thoughts of the grass cutter and his mate when trading their player.

Everyone knows Geelong are about to have their way with the Dogs.

Geelong don’t blink.

You can bet Freo will be drama queens if it is drawn out.

Not sure how a bottomed out Tigers will be at the trade tables.

Geelong don’t blink.

You can bet Freo will be drama queens if it is drawn out.

Not sure how a bottomed out Tigers will be at the trade tables.
Can't do much about Baker but think they'll play hardball on the contracted guys. GC will cave, not sure where this one falls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back