Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean from every media pundit that's spoken on the topic, they're all in agreement that 10 and 11 is too much and 10 and 18 is fair.

To be honest, after the meltdown on the Richmond board over the Graham compo pick I want to see how bad it would be if you only got 10 and 18 for Bolton.
We're not after 'fair'.

We're not after 'fair'.
Maybe so, we'll see what happens, all I know is, I'll be reading the Richmond board with a bag of popcorn in hand and a drink if 10 and 18 get it done.

If the melts over Graham's compo pick is anything to go off of, it's going to be beautiful reading.

It Begins Here We Go GIF by hero0fwar

Maybe so, we'll see what happens, all I know is, I'll be reading the Richmond board with a bag of popcorn in hand and a drink if 10 and 18 get it done.

If the melts over Graham's compo pick is anything to go off of, it's going to be beautiful reading.
You sick **** 😂

It's going to be interesting. Let's see who blinks first. Personally I wont be too upset if it does end up 10 and 18 but I reckon it'll be 10 and 11 for Bolton and a pick in the 20s.
While I've got the friendly Tigers fans in here. I think the players available at 11 vs 18 will be important to Freo. We just dont need KPPs in anyway and it feels like 15-25 is the KPP zone this year (with some exceptions). The number of players I'd hope the club is interested in at 11 compared to 18 is massive. Compared to I assume Richmond who need a few KPPs kids in the door and I can see us valuing 11 a lot higher than Richmond do compared to 18.

Is that Richmond problem? Probably not but just putting my two cents on why 11 may be an absolute sticking point for Freo.

While I've got the friendly Tigers fans in here. I think the players available at 11 vs 18 will be important to Freo. We just dont need KPPs in anyway and it feels like 15-25 is the KPP zone this year (with some exceptions). The number of players I'd hope the club is interested in at 11 compared to 18 is massive. Compared to I assume Richmond who need a few KPPs kids in the door and I can see us valuing 11 a lot higher than Richmond do compared to 18.

Is that Richmond problem? Probably not but just putting my two cents on why 11 may be an absolute sticking point for Freo.
We need everything. I think the depth of this draft is across all lines. Sounds like a few KPPs have bolted up the order in the last month or two so there should still be some quality mids available late in the 1st round.

From an outsider Freo looks pretty well stocked all over the ground and would just be going best available wherever their first pick lands. Especially if Warner is a legit chance next year.

You want Bo Allan and probably believe he is more likely to fall around that pick 11 mark?

Freo just doing whats right for them they want Bolton & Allan. Richmond doing whats right for them and if we get pick 20 from Brisbane, is pick 18 really a need? Pick 11 can be used or traded for better value.

I'm not sure this gets done anymore.

2 best 22 players for the price of 1, whats not to love about it?

Bailey & JOM give excellent speeches at b&fs too.
You should have stopped at your last post, you peaked :(

I'm the other way - I'd be shocked if it does not get done.

In 1 year Tiges can bring in a young core that will be hitting it's straps once Tassie start to throw shock waves through the system.

Freo has a ton of draft capital but we've got young players who may bolt if there is not the opportunities to play. Can see us taking 1 player in top 20 or taking a live offer if too good to turn down or pushing it forward with some sweetners.

Far more likely that our list managers have said you here next week, Richmond are more likely to want to do Rioli first, as this may give them more currency to push for nicer steak knives to offer Freo (if they get 6 + something else). Plus getting Rioli off books - probably makes it easier to know if they want to commit to some salary to Bolton deal.

Not the end of the world for either club if it doesn't get done. Slows the Tiger reload a little and Freo may just throw a massive offer at Dees or my favourite option ....shop/auction off 2 picks.

Win-wins normally get it done.

You want Bo Allan and probably believe he is more likely to fall around that pick 11 mark?

Freo just doing whats right for them they want Bolton & Allan. Richmond doing whats right for them and if we get pick 20 from Brisbane, is pick 18 really a need? Pick 11 can be used or traded for better value.

I dont know if we want Allan, we arent wedded to WA players (might be my bias though since I dont rate Allan that highly personally). I'm just adding some different conversations rather than shouting this and that. This trade absolutely gets done, there's no doubt on that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The Tigers will snare pick six (as a minimum) for Daniel Rioli (Gold Coast), pick 14 for Liam Baker (West Coast), and look set to land 10 and 18 for Shai Bolton (Fremantle)".

- Jay Clark in HS

If we got 14 for Baker that's a win, and if we got 6 + 23 for Rioli I'd be happy with that too.

Hit the draft with 1, 6, 10, 14, 18, 21, 23 or something like that, and do our best to package up later picks into another first rounder and that's an elite draft hand in a good draft.

If we got 14 for Baker that's a win, and if we got 6 + 23 for Rioli I'd be happy with that too.

Hit the draft with 1, 6, 10, 14, 18, 21, 23 or something like that, and do our best to package up later picks into another first rounder and that's an elite draft hand in a good draft.
No joke, that's my hope. Winning on the other trades so much that they can afford to be nice on Bolton.

The Tigers need the best players available Def/Mid/Fwd/Ruck

If it's 10 and 18 the Tigs are better off keeping Bolton. With academy bids/father son then those picks get pushed out. Bolton is a gun and I'd cop four more years of him.

I think Fremantle are mad as he is absolutely perfect for what they need and particularly given their lack of success over the three decades.

The Tigers need the best players available Def/Mid/Fwd/Ruck
Yeah, that's kind of my point. My nuffy draft take seems to be is its deep but the guys from 15-25 are loaded with promising KPPs we should want nothing to do with. 11 would get us types we actually could get into best 22 soon.

Because Tigers dont have a need outside "talented" It's a bigger drop off for us from 11 to 18 then it is for Tigers. Just in what might be a battle for who breaks first, might be why it's Tigers - if that happens.

If it's 10 and 18 the Tigs are better off keeping Bolton. With academy bids/father son then those picks get pushed out. Bolton is a gun and I'd cop four more years of him.

I think Fremantle are mad as he is absolutely perfect for what they need and particularly given their lack of success over the three decades.

He's being wasted in Richmond's team atm, early rebuild and all. In the end it will work out, Freo will be happy as will Richmond.

Yeah, that's kind of my point. My nuffy draft take seems to be is its deep but the guys from 15-25 are loaded with promising KPPs we should want nothing to do with. 11 would get us types we actually could get into best 22 soon.

Because Tigers dont have a need outside "talented" It's a bigger drop off for us from 11 to 18 then it is for Tigers. Just in what might be a battle for who breaks first, might be why it's Tigers - if that happens.

There will be players in this draft get drafted over pick 30 that play 150+ games and plenty under pick 30 that play less than 20 it's all about finding the right ones not so much the draft picks. A Great example is right here Bolton went at Pick 29

There will be players in this draft get drafted over pick 30 that play 150+ games and plenty under pick 30 that play less than 20 it's all about finding the right ones not so much the draft picks. A Great example is right here Bolton went at Pick 29
Take pick 10 and 27 then. Why worry about 11 or 18?!
Just pick the right guy

Take pick 10 and 27 then. Why worry about 11 or 18?!
Just pick the right guy

Well obviously the higher the picks the better chance you have of picking the right players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back