Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

and there's a lot of noise about Knobel extending
"After trade period"

I would definitely not be surprised to see him in the trade though I really wish it was Reidy still unsigned and Knobel signed up for 4 years.

I will say I find it funny that Richmond fans over on their board are acting as if David Walls had a terrible track record and is some incompetent list manager when the majority of our current list is because of him.

I'd argue objectively he's been a huge success in his position, one of the best list managers in the competition.

To be fair their evidence was that we didn't get Baker and Martin so he must be bad (two players Fremantle supporters would have been pissed about bringing in)

I will say I find it funny that Richmond fans over on their board are acting as if David Walls had a terrible track record and is some incompetent list manager when the majority of our current list is because of him.

I'd argue objectively he's been a huge success in his position, one of the best list managers in the competition.

To be fair their evidence was that we didn't get Baker and Martin so he must be bad (two players Fremantle supporters would have been pissed about bringing in)
Shai Bolton DTFA thread is a pointless place to bring up posts from a club board about our list manager tbh

You want Bo Allan and probably believe he is more likely to fall around that pick 11 mark?

Freo just doing whats right for them they want Bolton & Allan. Richmond doing whats right for them and if we get pick 20 from Brisbane, is pick 18 really a need? Pick 11 can be used or traded for better value.

I'm not sure this gets done anymore.
Just saw a picture of Bo Allen testing at the combine – looks like and absolute beast

Sort of why I was thinking Knobel - if Tigers were interested there. I would have thought Ollie Murphy could have been another steak knives player to trade but he just extended. Them or Simpson are the Vic kids of recent years but the club rates Simpson in particular very highly and wouldnt want to lose him.

Doubt there's anyone else steak knivey enough for 10 and 18 IMO.

I do find it weird we've not heard once about Freo wanting salary included...
Damian Barrett said yesterday in trade radio that the salary cap goes up by a whopping $2million next year.

So I reckon salary cap squeezes will be less of a thing for a few years until players and clubs get used to this new reality.

Damian Barrett said yesterday in trade radio that the salary cap goes up by a whopping $2million next year.

So I reckon salary cap squeezes will be less of a thing for a few years until players and clubs get used to this new reality.
clubs have budgeted for this, most clubs give players an extra % on their existing contracts

It's not like its being announced overnight and the clubs suddenly have a bunch of money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both WA teams are apparently offering 'Dusty level' money to Shai Bolton. Given he's contracted for another four years after 2024, it will take a bold offer from West Coast or Freo to get it done, but I think Richmond would be open to letting him go if the deal accelerated our rebuild significantly.
can you please change the title of this thread as it is inaccurate

Shai has not formally requested a trade to the dockers

can you please change the title of this thread as it is inaccurate

Shai has not formally requested a trade to the dockers

I would love West Coast to swoop in with Pick 3 imagine the melts from both Eagles & Freo supporters

Continually cracking at Tiges fans about what they say on their board is poor form mate. Once or twice, meh, but you're going the route too often. You're stirring a pot that just doesn't need to be stirred.

I'm sure I could go and find some loopy stuff on a lot of club boards, they're insular places. It's just not relevant here.

Debate what is said in here. Most are discussing in good faith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back