Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly I'd prefer if Freo trade into the top 10 and we take that pick for Bolton. That current pick 10 ends up being 12/13 and the 18 ends up being mid 20's. We've got a gun player on a four year contract. Hit rates at those picks would be lucky to be 50%. Draft picks very overrated against proven talent.

Unless you think there is a chance Brisbane don’t match a bid on the young Ashcroft brother then this makes almost no difference. The only time it affects who you can pick up the draft is when there’s compensation given such as to Saint Kilda for the Battle compo. All father son / NGA etc bids have zero influence on who you can pick as they were never coming your way.
The recruiters know this so I don’t know why everyone carries on about the numbers dropping down.
At worse, you have one less option of available players to bid on due to the Battle compo, that is all.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Honestly I'd prefer if Freo trade into the top 10 and we take that pick for Bolton. That current pick 10 ends up being 12/13 and the 18 ends up being mid 20's. We've got a gun player on a four year contract. Hit rates at those picks would be lucky to be 50%. Draft picks very overrated against proven talent.
I think the risk is somewhat mitigated by the number of first round picks you'll end up with.

You'll come out with a meat tray or 6

Unless you think there is a chance Brisbane don’t match a bid on the young Ashcroft brother then this makes almost no difference. The only time it affects who you can pick up the draft is when there’s compensation given such as to Saint Kilda for the Battle compo. All father son / NGA etc bids have zero influence on who you can pick as they were never coming your way.
The recruiters know this so I don’t know why everyone carries on about the numbers dropping down.
At worse, you have one less option of available players to bid on due to the Battle compo, that is all.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Likely father son / NGA bids absolutely make a difference to the value of picks when traded. You’re getting the kid you rank 12th instead of 10th. Whether you have access to Ashcroft or not is as irrelevant as your access to the other guys ranked 1-6 with pick 10.

Last year the first pick of round 2 was pick 30. 7 f/s & NGA bids were made. You can’t tell me that if you value a player at pick 19ish you accept that in a trade if you know it’s going to blow out like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s probably a reference to his pay packet.
Do you really want a fwd that in 8 years has kicked 40+ once being the highest paid player at your club??
Some would rather getting owies and paying brayshaw what he deserves then upsetting a future captain and what freo are building.
You can’t even smooth it over because it’s a decent length as is
Idiots 👍

Bolton is a mid/fwd. Very few players in the league who can average 20+ disposals and 1+ GPG over a season.

Owies couldn't tie his bootlaces.

Jesus christ you know that Freo fans are so badly scarred at the trade table when some fans would choose Owies over Shai Bolton for the sake of a couple of picks. It's like they don't actually want to finally win a premiership.

Show some backbone campaigners. All in.

Jesus christ you know that Freo fans are so badly scarred at the trade table when some fans would choose Owies over Shai Bolton for the sake of a couple of picks. It's like they don't actually want to finally win a premiership.

Next year they'll grab Corey Warner over Chad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make no mistake, you guys want him to leave just as much as we want him. 10 and 18 is enough. I still think we can win one without him.

Make no mistake, you guys want him to leave just as much as we want him. 10 and 18 is enough. I still think we can win one without him.
Snuffsinthebin.emoji

We don't want him to leave. We will let him leave for the right price. Personally I wouldn't be upset with 10 and 18 but I think we can do better given how perfect he and Freo are for each other.

Snuffsinthebin.emoji

We don't want him to leave. We will let him leave for the right price. Personally I wouldn't be upset with 10 and 18 but I think we can do better given how perfect he and Freo are for each other.
I just see that he has a 4 year contract. If you guys truly wanted to keep him you would.

I think Harley will win a Premiership at the Eagles. Give it 6 years and it will probably happen.

Serong is just so much potential in a team that will never go anywhere. Richmond would want a player like that.
I like it better when trolls are witty otherwise it's just like having the big dumb kid on the bus yell insults at you. Honestly I'm a full grown adult, I don't care what some pudgy 15 year old loudmouth has to say.

I just see that he has a 4 year contract. If you guys truly wanted to keep him you would.
And I expect we do if a deal can't be made. But as I said everyone is for sale for the right price.

It's perfect timing for us with Rioli and Bolton requesting trades given the draft hands the destination clubs hold.

And I expect we do if a deal can't be made. But as I said everyone is for sale for the right price.

It's perfect timing for us with Rioli and Bolton requesting trades given the draft hands the destination clubs hold.
Absolutely it is. Do I think 10 and 18 is slight unders. Yes I do. But I will say its a decent haul in a strong draft. Rioli I reckon will never be worth more. Wouldn't actually surprise me if he is average at gc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back