Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm convinced now Richmond fans want us to pay overs so they can laugh if it goes through

"Lol you really paid 10+11 for Bolton? ****ing idiots"
Bolton is going to absolutely kill it in an environment where he feels refreshed and at a stronger team.
Even if you did pay that, I don't think you'd regret it for a second with the football he'd deliver for you over the next handful of years. He will dominate at Optus oval.

I'm convinced now Richmond fans want us to pay overs so they can laugh if it goes through

"Lol you really paid 10+11 for Bolton? ****ing idiots"
Just settle in Mund. This one will go until Wed afternoon. You’d be surprised at how calm both the Freo and Richmond discussions are. Quite different to the ball swinging going on with some in here.

That was my point.
Neither Carlton or Collingwood have the GC pick for Houston. And it’s proving just as hard a trade as Freo is for Bolton, even though they have the picks.
But they're gonna get Houston for cheaper than port want, which was my point

Port openeed up a month ago with 2 first round picks, at this point it would be a shock if any team gave that up

But they're gonna get Houston for cheaper than port want, which was my point

Port openeed up a month ago with 2 first round picks, at this point it would be a shock if any team gave that up
Port are stupid. Houston wants to get back to Victoria, ok who has the best offer? North? Ok you can go there. Why would you deal with Carlton or Collingwood with inferior offers and make a team competing for your spot on the ladder stronger? Makes absolutely no sense.

HUH??
Bolton isnt worth even one of those picks, is this a typo?

Freo likely to pay 9 + 16. We traded pick 2 for 9 + 14.

What does that equate to?

Pick 3? 4?

Pick 3 + Eagles F1st for Bolton and Baker yes is overs. Thats why there is a need for other picks coming back with Bolton and Baker. What picks is the question. An early 2nd + a 3rd? What?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posters seriously under rating Bolton. He is probably the most exciting player in the league when up and going. Can do everything. Saying he is inconsistent is rubbish, he was quieter this year, but has 5 top 5 B&F finishes in the last 5 years. Not many flanker/mids do that.

Worth every penny because if Freo say no to a player of Bolton's quality then they don't believe they are a serious enough side to go all the way. A player like Bolton can win you those games that no draft picks are going to do for years if ever.

Last edited:
Posters seriously under rating Bolton. He is probably the most exciting player in the league when up and going. Can do everything. Saying he is inconsistent is rubbish, he was quieter this year, but has 5 top 5 B&F finishes in the last 5 years. Not many flanker/mids do that.

Worth every penny because if Freo say no to a player of Bolton's quality then they don't believe they are a serious enough side to go all the way. A player like Bolton can win you those games that no draft picks are going to do for years.

I would not say he is as consistent as other top level players.

Then again he is a slightly built mid / HF and not a 100% inside mid at the coal face at every ball up.

Worth every penny because if Freo say no to a player of Bolton's quality then they don't believe they are a serious enough side to go all the way. A player like Bolton can win you those games that no draft picks are going to do for years.
Yes. Other posters are the ones serious misrating him.

Port are stupid. Houston wants to get back to Victoria, ok who has the best offer? North? Ok you can go there. Why would you deal with Carlton or Collingwood with inferior offers and make a team competing for your spot on the ladder stronger? Makes absolutely no sense.
Same reason you're dealing with us for Bolton

He wants to come here

Houston prefers the pies

Just settle in Mund. This one will go until Wed afternoon. You’d be surprised at how calm both the Freo and Richmond discussions are. Quite different to the ball swinging going on with some in here.
Oh I know don't worry but the threads here would be pretty boring without some ball swinging now wouldn't they?

He wants to come here

Houston prefers the pies
Bit different with only 2 teams. If freo were offering garbage we would tell Shai if he wants to get home you’re going to the eagles. Also we are not contending like port so making freo stronger doesn’t hurt us directly. Don’t make a competitor stronger.

I would not say he is as consistent as other top level players.

Then again he is a slightly built mid / HF and not a 100% inside mid at the coal face at every ball up.
Exactly, and they can't kick some of those miraculous goals he kicks or mark the ball like he does or get out of trouble get out of trouble in a phone box and set up a team mate.

He wants to come here

Houston prefers the pies
West Coast haven’t offered anything for Bolton, so we are only dealing with freo. If west coast came with a significantly better offer than freo I would expect we deal with them. North have offered a better deal for Houston. Port are bowing to their player’s wishes at the detriment of their club.

West Coast haven’t offered anything for Bolton, so we are only dealing with freo. If west coast came with a significantly better offer than freo I would expect we deal with them. North have offered a better deal for Houston. Port are bowing to their player’s wishes at the detriment of their club.
West Coast haven't come to the party because we have an unspoken agreement not to step on each other's toes when it comes to players returning to WA or players coming here in general, if a player wants to come to a certain club, the other backs off.

Bolton wants to join Fremantle so West Coast backed off, same with Jackson, he never openly requested a trade to us, but it was always going to be us, so West Coast never made an offer.

West Coast haven't come to the party because we have an unspoken agreement not to step on each other's toes when it comes to players returning to WA or players coming here in general, if a player wants to come to a certain club, the other backs off.

Bolton wants to join Fremantle so West Coast backed off, same with Jackson, he never openly requested a trade to us, but it was always going to be us, so West Coast never made an offer.
What does the above have to do with Houston were we have 3 Vic clubs pitching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back