Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

The pressure is on freo here big time and they know it

They have committed to Bolton and his family and promised to bring him over .
Also:
also can we please change this thread title as it is clearly inaccurate

shai has not nominated freo
It would be nice of Shai to nominate us seeing as we have committed to him and his family and promised to bring him over.

Last edited:
Also:

It would be nice of Shai to nominate us seeing as we have committed to him and his family and promised to bring him over.

You are correct

Shai has not committed to freo , but freo has committed to shai

Excellent point

Last edited:

tumbleweed GIF

Nobody knows anything for sure

But in this issue regarding pick 10 and 11

I am certain , you will see
Reminds of the the old quote:

There are only three certainties in life. Death, taxes and picks 10&11 will be traded for Shai Bolton.
-Benjamin Franklin

But if you've been following trade week at all you will appreciate this one:

I am the wisest man on trade radio, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
-Socrates

Last edited:
Just like Luke Jackson didn't nominate a club, he reached out to us, hasn't spoken to West Coast at all.

He wants to go to Fremantle, no amount of denial will change that, You don't reach out to a club half way through the year and say "Please get me here" unless you want to go to that club
Really when you are so well connected at Freo you should keep this confidential information privy to you and your fellow recruiting department.

It may well be the case of what you said, but how would you know.

We'll just go to the draft and come back next year when Bolton's value lowers in that case, won't even have to pay 2 first round picks in that case, one will do it.

He'll half arse it, knowing he'd rather be in Perth, plus will be resentful towards Richmond for being stubborn pricks at the trade table.

We have nothing to lose, either get him this year and lose draft picks, or go to the draft this year and get him next year when his value is down.

Win/win for us.
That's great logic. The reason why you want Bolton is because he improves your side, and I assume you want him because he might help bridge the 2pts you missed out on making the finals this year. In fact he could even improve your side enough for you to go deeper into the finals next year. But if you want to wait another year fine, I wonder what the players would think of your strategy.

That's great logic. The reason why you want Bolton is because he improves your side, and I assume you want him because he might help bridge the 2pts you missed out on making the finals this year. In fact he could even improve your side enough for you to go deeper into the finals next year. But if you want to wait another year fine, I wonder what the players would think of your strategy.
I think a lot of us would be ok waiting another year. Would me getting 2-3 awsome talents in the door.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a lot of us would be ok waiting another year. Would me getting 2-3 awsome talents in the door.
You might be but I would be very surprised if your players would.

There is no certainties in footy, you might not rise like you expect, the new draft picks might not be awesome, plenty of top dozen players never make the grade, and Bolton for all the running down on this board gets, is a guaranteed A grader and quite a unique player. Wait another year by all means because of 7 places in a draft from 11 to 18.

There is no certainties in footy, you might not rise like you expect, the new draft picks might not be awesome, plenty of top dozen players never make the grade, and Bolton for all the running down on this board gets, is a guaranteed A grader and quite a unique player. Wait another year by all means because of 7 places in a draft from 11 to 18.
Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

You know Bolton could get injured and miss the whole year too? Nothing is certain.

There are 22 players on the field, Freo will need improvement from the bulk of their young guns too to really step up plus a bit better injury luck.

Richmond also has a ticking time bomb coming so any delays in the rebuild will add years, not just 1 year. Is it really worth 7 spots in the draft? The difference between 11 & 18 will mean you can get a small, hbf or KPP without reaching as you don’t need 4 mids in one go.

Freo know this.
Of course Freo know this. So do Richmond. As much as I wouldn't mind adding another Brayshaw/Cerra scenario to our list I think the chances are this gets done. It's just haggling and I just hope we walk away happy.

Is it really worth 7 spots in the draft?
For a team chasing their first ever flag, I ask the same question.

Is it REALLLY worth 7 spots in the draft when it's close enough you can touch it?

You blokes don't get the injuries last year, you play finals. I think most sane people acknowledge that. Add Bolton in, PHWOOOAARRRRR!!!

Or don't...

Season 2 Shrug GIF by The Office

Also more likely he think Tigers list manager can be prick to deal with and may try to win trades and take over Dodoro's mantle

posted below megatrade earlier that should be win-win for all but Tigers may feel they didn't outrage the rest, updated it to balance it all a bit.

Freo: Bolton, 26 ( give - 10, 18, 30, F3)
GC: Rioli, F3, F3 ( give - 6, 23)
Haw: Barrass, 42, 43 ( give - F1, 33)
Rich: 6, 10, 18, 23, 33 ( give - Rioli, Bolton, Baker, 42, 43)
WC: Baker, F1, 30 ( give - Barass, 26, F3)

Tigers and Eagles can swap the 18 & F1 if needed. DGB( Richmond or whoever, don't care or they can pick him as DFA) and our F4( to Suns or Eagles) as steak knives to whoever wants it

If Suns want to salary to be paid & Tigers are fine, then those 2 F3's can go over to Tigers. Rest is steak knives, don't really care if its 43 or 51 for us. ( Tigers have atm 1,24,32,42,43,45,51, 61, 70 )

Maybe Eagles can pay bit of Barass salary as well as they are doing pretty well out of the deal.

Can't see any losers in this megatrade, if Hawks are seen to finish top 4 then swap our F1 for Freo F1 but most ppl will rate Freo's list higher.
You are using GC pick 23 to balance it all out. That shouldn't have to paid on top of pick 6 for Rioli. You are trying to protect your 1st pick in this draft plus Hawthorn shouldn't get any change from F1 and 33 for Barrass, might not even be enough.

Freo: Bolton ( give - 10, 18)
GC: Rioli, ( give - 6)
Haw: Barrass, 24 ( give - 14, F1)
Rich: 6, 10, 14, 18 ( give - Rioli, Bolton, Baker, 24)
WC: Baker, F1 ( give - Barass)

F2s and F3s to balance out so WCE could give Haw an F2 for instance if that was felt to be uneven.

Values Barass at pick 8, probably too high
Rioli Pick 6
Bolton Pick 2
Baker Upgrade of Pick 24 into Pick 14 maybe not enough

Last edited:
You are using GC pick 23 to balance it all out. That shouldn't have to paid on top of pick 6 for Rioli. You are trying to protect your 1st pick in this draft plus Hawthorn shouldn't get any change from F1 and 33 for Barrass, might not even be enough.

Freo: Bolton ( give - 10, 18)
GC: Rioli, ( give - 6)
Haw: Barrass, 24 ( give - 14, F1)
Rich: 6, 10, 14, 18 ( give - Rioli, Bolton, Baker, 24)
WC: Baker, F1 ( give - Barass)

F2s and F3s to balance out so WCE could give Haw an F2 for instance if that was felt to be uneven.
You used Tigers pick 24 to do the same also 2 firsts were never on the table from Hawks, was WA media spin to set the bar high. But if pick 14 is required by tigers then pick 24 has to be on table.

If WCE F2( or pick 26) and some of Barass salary is paid, I will take the above deal.

I am sure Freo will want some of Bolton's salary to be paid as well. GC will want the same for Rioli too as plain 6 for Rioli is pretty high.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back