Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering we were top 4 before our injuries going into the last month, yeah I'd hazard to say it felt like we were a good chance, I think most people had us having a home final at that point.
And yet you didn't. So it's not a guarantee. Anything can happen. Richmond had 5 ACL injuries, plus another 10 to players from our best 22. Shit happens.

Freo all along has had all three of its first-round picks on the table for Bolton and Baker if Baker chose the Dockers. Will Baker jump? - Twomey

So its 10,11,18 for baker and bolton if baker chooses freeo? Lmao

So effectively that’s 10 + 11 for Bolton and 18 for Baker.
I know I sit on the Freo side of the fence but I’m guessing most would see that as overs, especially for Bolton, maybe closer to the mark for Baker (neutrals comments welcome here).
If so then we’d hope there would be a fair bit coming back in both cap space paid and later picks (Tigers future 2 perhaps?). Tigers newly acquired 20 would be ideal but that might be a hard sell.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know I sit on the Freo side of the fence but I’m guessing most would see that as overs, especially for Bolton, maybe closer to the mark for Baker (neutrals comments welcome here).
If so then we’d hope there would be a fair bit coming back in both cap space paid and later picks (Tigers future 2 perhaps?). Tigers newly acquired 20 would be ideal but that might be a hard sell.

Surely you just ask for Richmonds 24 or f2 and its pretty close?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we objectively agree that pick 2 is more valuable than 9 and 10

No

It’s between pick 1 and pick 2

Pick 9 amd 10 is more than pick 2

You are a true believer in the AFL draft value index points. I'll give you that.

However clubs stockpiling lower picks to match bids or trading out then back in to game the system is clear proof that the clubs don't believe in it.

I don’t make the rules mate
It’s simple mathematics

Screenshot_20241011-125146.png
Screenshot_20241011-123957.png

How odd.

Edit: /s

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain he won't leave the club and go through the draft.
Not knowing what's on the table but if something in the early 20s is on the table why should he care. Fair value for his quality and uncontracted, he could sleep easy that it wouldn't be his fault.

It's his last contract and so he should just look after himself and family. That seems to be moving to WA and specifically West Coast.

Not knowing what's on the table but if something in the early 20s is on the table why should he care. Fair value for his quality and uncontracted, he could sleep easy that it wouldn't be his fault.

It's his last contract and so he should just look after himself and family. That seems to be moving to WA and specifically West Coast.

Richmond could just say we'll give you a 1 year deal on good money and we'll look at the trade next year.

View attachment 2137653

Getting closer and closer to squeaky bum time for the tiggys

Harmless Hartley better no **** this up for RFC sake

Having to trade Bolten 12 mths later whilst being spooners again but this time costing nothing but an f1 would be nothing short of an unmitigated disaster
You’d want to be 100% sure you had Chad in the bag

I’ve always said Baker and Bolton to Freo makes more sense than Baker to WCE

10, 11, 18 for Baker, Bolton, significant wages paid and maybe something else back to Freo might work?

Richmond’s future 2nd is likely to be a pretty good pick I guess . . .

Whether correct or not, Twomey has consistently reported that we put up 10(11) for Baker and 9(10) + 16(18) for Bolton.

So literally nothing has changed.
If this is actually on the table the Tiges should take it and be done I reckon

(Hard to believe we haven’t taken that if it has actually been offered – maybe the AFL has told both clubs to sit on the deal til the end of the second week to heighten the drama?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back