Shane Birss to St Kilda for pick 59 confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't he supposed to be worth our pick #23 or #39 a couple of days ago? You know, as part of one of your McDougall trades.

• Banned
Porthos said:
Wasn't he supposed to be worth our pick #23 or #39 a couple of days ago? You know, as part of one of your McDougall trades.

Yep, which is why Bulldogs got ripped off massively

Embers said:
Yep, which is why Bulldogs got ripped off massively
Rubbish.

wow. a trade. wow

Bulldogs probably got the **** end of the deal, but then again Birss didn't have a bright future with the dogs. 59 sounds low but the draft is deep and perhaps they'll upgrade that and their earlier pick for another.

Odd decision by the Dogs.

If they land pick 23 off the Power, they'll retain picks 11, 29 and 45. They are now locked into taking a player with 59 (since you must use picks that you trade for, unles that has changed since last year)... and they're expecting both Akermanis and McDougall to come to the club.

I hope they're confident that they'll be clearing six off the list (Smith, Birss, ?, ?, ?, ?).

edit: of course, it could be that the Aker deal is for a second AND a fourth round pick. In which case it makes more sense.

That's a steal for the Aints. Birss is a promising youngster. I would've thought he would've at most, attracted a second round pick, most likely a third round pick, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CharlieG said:
If they land pick 23 off the Power

What, are they offering up Cooney or Griffin?:) (Yes, my tongue is firmly in cheek!)

What makes you think they will get pick 23 from us?

Strange.

I would have thought Birss is worth more then that. A very good pick-up for a very cheap price for The Saints.

Perhaps Charlie is right, and it's going towards the Aker deal.

If not that, it's very strange.

CharlieG said:

If they land pick 23 off the Power, they'll retain picks 11, 29 and 45. They are now locked into taking a player with 59 (since you must use picks that you trade for, unles that has changed since last year)... and they're expecting both Akermanis and McDougall to come to the club.

I hope they're confident that they'll be clearing six off the list (Smith, Birss, ?, ?, ?, ?).

edit: of course, it could be that the Aker deal is for a second AND a fourth round pick. In which case it makes more sense.

For who? And don't say Faulkner, please!

CharlieG said:

If they land pick 23 off the Power
Sorry? How exactly is that anywhere near happening? The supposedly primo tradebait of Birss just went for a fourth round pick.

sinepari said:
I originally thought WCE was going to end up with 23, but I doubt that's happening.
That'll teach you for listening to Embers mate.

Corrosion said:
That's a steal for the Aints. Birss is a promising youngster. I would've thought he would've at most, attracted a second round pick, most likely a third round pick, though.

A promising 24 year-old youngster at round 1 2007

Hopefully this opens the floodgates.

I think its reasonable for both involved.

59 will probably get you a pretty alright kid.

Birss is no superstar so it seems fair

scroda said:
A promising 24 year-old youngster at round 1 2007

Starved of opportunities. IMO he walks into the team ahead of Andrew Thompson atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back