Traded Shane McAdam [Traded to Melbourne for F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you had a key forward kicking 2 goals per week in finals this year, you would likely be playing today... certainly last week.
Yeah but he was a 2 goal a game goal kicker in a team that was winning by 70 points each week in the finals. So that inflates it. How many would that equate to in a close affair playing on Weitering and Moore. Honestly, probably not even a goal a game.

Like i said, both Mcdonald and Brown were spuds in 2021. Petty as a forward in 2021 would've probably kicked 8 in that granny.

I said in my very 1st post the Dees will need to give up something of value to get McAdam... otherwise the Crows have nothing to loss by forcing him into the PSD as can re-draft him before the Dees.

It's not going to come to this, but the idea by some that you can pick up a non-free agent best 22 player for nothing is crazy talk.
it's not nothing. You can package the pick. The reality is, we're getting a guy who is out of contract, a melksham replacement, is injury prone and is 28/29. Those guys lose significant value. it'll be something between pick 35-pick 50.

I said in my very 1st post the Dees will need to give up something of value to get McAdam... otherwise the Crows have nothing to loss by forcing him into the PSD as can re-draft him before the Dees.

It's not going to come to this, but the idea by some that you can pick up a non-free agent best 22 player for nothing is crazy talk.

Can I interest you in James Harmes Kane? He comes with great teeth :)

But a fair trade i imagine a future 2nd (points for Welsh) would satisfy all parties?

Can I interest you in James Harmes Kane? He comes with great teeth :)

But a fair trade i imagine a future 2nd (points for Welsh) would satisfy all parties?
Yeah, I think it may well be something like your future 2nd being involved.

he's a literally replacement for Melksham who did his acl. so we're not getting better with Mcadam. just a melksham replacement
Melksham - the player May thinks you would have lost the 2021 grand final with if he'd played?

Melksham, who spent half a dozen games this year kicking the dew in the VFL?

You don't need to replace a player like Melksham - just play whoever it was you played when he was knocking around in the reserves.

you mean when was he I the regular 22 of a premiership team that won the prelim by 60 and granny for 70+? A tough team to break into. McAdam wouldn't have made it either or at least would've been on the very outskirts of the fringe.
Should have kept Bedford then... pity he wasn't showing much at the Dees... whoops.

McAdam is proven best 22... whereas Bedford wasn't at the time you traded him which is the point you keep overlooking despite many posters pointing it out.

You would have to pay much more if you were to trade Bedford back.

Should have kept Bedford then... pity he wasn't showing much at the Dees... whoops.

McAdam is proven best 22... whereas Bedford wasn't at the time you traded him which is the point you keep overlooking despite many posters pointing it out.

You would have to pay much more if you were to trade Bedford back.
I'm not disagreeing with that...? being proven best 22 doesn't mean much. especially when you're 16-22 in the 22. Youre just fringe. Like James Jordon that will be a pick in the 40's, 50's

I'm not disagreeing with that...? being proven best 22 doesn't mean much. especially when you're 16-22 in the 22. Youre just fringe. Like James Jordon that will be a pick in the 40's, 50's
Name me the Dees players who averages more goals per game than McAdam...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Name me the Dees players who averages more goals per game than McAdam...
Another way to look at it is to ask how many Melbourne forwards kicked more goals than mcadam in each year of his career. 25 isn't a particularly high bar to overcome even at his very peak.

melksham if u take out his sub games.
Is melksham considered best 22 at the Dee's? 36 games for 40 goals over the last 3 years, must be sub a lot... ie not best 22/ always injured 🙄

Macadam is an infinitely more dangerous fwd with less defensive side...

I think he will be good for the Dee's but tbh worth flip all in a trade, and not a big loss for the Crows fwd line...

So all in all who cares...

If you had a key forward kicking 2 goals per week in finals this year, you would likely be playing today... certainly last week.
Not just with his goals or high marking either, McAdam also brings the ball to ground, meaning the defenders dont get a chance to intercept and allows the small forwards a chance.

Yes good thinking, totally screw trading relations with another club over McAdam.

MFC have a great reputation for fair dealing, you'll get correct market value or better.

Trading relations is a furphy, list managers are alpha w***ers that care for nothing other than winning. Market value doesn’t interest us, we can get that from multiple clubs. What we should be after is whatever his specific value to the MFC is. What Roos or Dons or anyone else will pay is irrelevant, we’re after what you will pay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Shane McAdam [Traded to Melbourne for F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back