Player Watch Shane McAdam

Remove this Banner Ad

So this suspension is badly timed for Shane I reckon. We've come off a beating where our forwards were non existent in the 2nd half (the bigger ones anyway). He is 28 this year and has gone through some patches where he looks disinterested in the past. Gollant could take his spot in the best 22 or possibly more concerning for him is we work out that playing Fog, Tex and a resting ruck is enough passengers when the ball hits the deck and we change our structure which will mean he has to wait for Tex to miss a game

McAdam is hardly a passenger when the ball hits the ground. Averages around 3 tackles a game and averages same goals a game as Toby Green.

Gollant could take his spot - he has talent - but won’t provide nearly as much ground pressure as McAdam does

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Insane.

We must appeal.

Grading McAdam’s as severe but Kozzy’s as lesser, simply doesn’t make any sense.
Can they appeal? They spent a whole tribunal to deliberate and came to the conclusion after all this evidence was presented to say 3 weeks. Could we present more evidence than what we already presented in regards to the Pickett case, the Dangerfield/Kelly case from last year. Surely, the comparison with Pickett's case should've been enough. Seems like they simply disregarded other cases and focused back onto this case.

They mentioned the speed that McAdams approached him with. To me, he planted his foot and bumped, so it was more forceful from close contact, than speed related, since he wasn't taking a run up and launching himself in the air like Pickett.

I suspect the Crows will appeal and the AFL needs to show consistency.

If we base it on potential then Lance Franklin needs more than one game - the player could have had his jaw broken by Lance’s glancing elbow. As it was, the GS player went off under concussion protocol and didn’t resume on the ground after the incident.

They talk about the immediate impact to Wehr - he was winded. Winded as hell. Went off for a few minutes and was fine.

We must appeal - doubt we will

Potential to cause injury?

What about driving your knee into the back of someone’s head when you go for a mark?
If they go by potential to cause injury, then every player that goes on the ground should be suspended, as they have the potential to cause injury whilst being on the ground. What a joke.

I remember last year we outed these try hards. Here’s another. There is no such thing as a “high bump charge”. The classifiable offense is rough conduct. And they’ve then determined it was contact to the head, not body.

I mean, it’s right there in the guidelines and has been that way for years. We don’t need some virgin twittersplaining it incorrectly to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Then… with a completely straight face I said, the Kosi Pickett hit was more of a glancing blow.

Nothing surprises me her, usually the inconsistency is week to week. F##k me, not in the same week!! We need to appeal or go through the media and ask what the difference between MacAdam and Pickett is. Get that price of garbage AFL to answer that for us.

When we left the SANFL, I thought we would be tough and stand up for ourselves. This isn’t the first time we have just taken it and said thank you. Grow a set and go on the attack, behind closed door or though the media. Could you imagine Collingwood accepting this?? They would absolutely destroy the afl and make this a massive issue.
Our club needs to grow up and be strong

Good call to fight it regardless of how the appeal turns out.

At the moment we're the league punching bag. Can't just cop it

Not only that, but it should help generate buy-in from the playing group. After all, it's making a move that shows the clubs got your back.

None of this "we'll sell out our players chance of success because the Chairman/CEO want to keep their gigs" shit we've pulled off in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Shane McAdam

Remove this Banner Ad

Back