Player Watch Shane McAdam

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish to stand alongside my mortal enemies in Adelaide Crows supporters, in that this is a disgrace on its own, even moreso in light of the Franklin and Pickett penalties.
Can we trade onegreatclub who spends more time on our board that their own for you..you are a much more amenable poster from down that way it seems. 😉

I am OK with the 3 week ban in isolation, I think we need to remove these sort of bumps from the game, especially in light of the recent findings on the concussions on past players. He didn't need to bump and could have tackled

I am not OK with the ban when you compare it to the Pickett bump and subsequent 2 week ban he receive. IMO the Pickett bump was as bad if not worse and should have been 3-4 weeks if Shane got 3 weeks.

The AFL have caused this mess with their inconsistency and now have no idea how to explain it. The tribunal system is currently a joke. I am glad we are going to fight it out of principle.

Last edited:

Club will appeal decision - announced via Corey Norris. Good result - at least shows we wont always bend to the AFL’s will…well sometimes anyway…
Not often I'm here agreeing with you guys but so you should.

Ridiculous inconsistency.

If the AFL had appealed the Pickett decision maybe. But even so 3 weeks seems excessive.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not often I'm here agreeing with you guys but so you should.

Ridiculous inconsistency.

If the AFL had appealed the Pickett decision maybe. But even so 3 weeks seems excessive.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
In isolation you could understand it in the current climate, even if the rating below severe resulted in 3 matches. And severe resulted in 4 or 5 matches.

But to have in the exact same round two incidents that were worse and made more impact with the head, it just makes the bias blatantly obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kozzy Pickett's was a glancing blow?

A satellite guided Missile couldn't hit a target that squarely on a hundred tries.

Why dont you stand in front of Kozzy this week and see just how "glancing" it is Michael.
I'm not sure if it makes a difference under the rules in question (which appear to be pretty damn vague anyway), but it seems to me that there's also an issue that Wehr actually had the ball at the time when McAdam hit him, while Smith didn't when Pickett got him. Surely that's got to be a mitigating factor for McAdam compared to the Pickett incident?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference under the rules in question (which appear to be pretty damn vague anyway), but it seems to me that there's also an issue that Wehr actually had the ball at the time when McAdam hit him, while Smith didn't when Pickett got him. Surely that's got to be a mitigating factor for McAdam compared to the Pickett incident?
You'd think so but AFL mouth pieces (Whateley) have said one action was a football action and the other was not.

I'll leave it up to you to "guess" which one is which.

Not taking a shot at you, but that makes absolutely no sense to me.

Wouldn't the player hitting a defenseless player without the ball (not to mention while leaving the air), but deemed worse, then a player bumping a player with the ball and actually affecting and live contest?

If anything that should be a defense to McAdam shouldn't it?

Not taking a shot at you, but that makes absolutely no sense to me.

Wouldn't the player hitting a defenseless player without the ball (not to mention while leaving the air), but deemed worse, then a player bumping a player with the ball and actually affecting and live contest?

If anything that should be a defense to McAdam shouldn't it?
Which is exactly what I said....

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Shane McAdam

Remove this Banner Ad

Back