Shaun Atley trade value

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also something horribly wrong with North if Atley keeps getting games.

Any bloke that can record 19 pressure acts would get a walk up start in your side.

Well considering this guy was supposed to be the next judd (according to north supporters) id imagine hed be worth quite alot at the trade table.
Begs the question why are north posters even considering him for a trade??

Well considering this guy was supposed to be the next judd (according to north supporters) id imagine hed be worth quite alot at the trade table.
Begs the question why are north posters even considering him for a trade??

Are you getting Adrian Dodoro mixed up with North supporters?? You do know he is Essendon's recruiting manager? He may well support the Roos but he may keep that to himself.

Numbers numbers numbers. Don’t crack the shits and get personal if you don’t like an opinion on your player.

Cunnington is slow, doesn’t have much of an impact outside of the contest and has questionable kicking ability.

Despite his high disposal numbers he had 8 goal assists, kicked 10 goals himself but wasn’t in the top 100 players in the league for inside 50s or score involvements.

The game has gone beyond simple one trick inside mids. Cunnington isn’t this high value player you think he is. For example he’d be battling it out with Liberatore or McLean to be the Bulldogs’ third banana in the midfield. He wouldn’t start in the midfields of Geelong, gws, Richmond, Sydney etc. Where does he play if not inside mid?

This post just gets worse and worse. Grab a copy of yesterdays game V the Tigers. Cunners just broke the contested possession record and was the best player on the ground against the best side in the comp - but wouldn't get a game at the dogs!! He starts in every midfield in the comp.

Shaun Atley - very good role player in a mid/high team. Doesn't warrant anything more than a 20 - 40 draft pick at the trade table.

At the trade table?

He's a free agent.

His age and pay packet determine the value.

His age is still in the slot for maximum compo though.

This post just gets worse and worse. Grab a copy of yesterdays game V the Tigers. Cunners just broke the contested possession record and was the best player on the ground against the best side in the comp - but wouldn't get a game at the dogs!! He starts in every midfield in the comp.

Might get a run in our shit hot midfield.

Shaun Atley - very good role player in a mid/high team. Doesn't warrant anything more than a 20 - 40 draft pick at the trade table.

Really worried about a massive offer going from essendon. Dodoro loves his flankers so Atley would be right at the the top of his recruiting list.

Is he a restricted free agent?

I was surprised to read he is 25 and has played 154 games. Obviously he hasn't hit the heights many would have expected, but he has been a good AFL player and will easily become a 200 game player.

I'd be happy to pick him up at the hawks, his outside speed is obviously an asset. But, I can't see any sides offering him something ridiculous and you would think North would be happy to match any offer as a result. Maybe a 400-450 a year deal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's also something horribly wrong with North if Atley keeps getting games.

I honestly can't think of a single Essendon player who would get a game at North right now.

Atley would be in your top 5.

Even in our darkest days Atley wouldn't be close to top 5 in our team.

You'd think North were in the top 8 or something.

Atley would easily be in your top 5.

Name one Essendon player who hand on heart would walk into our team this week

Dev Smith in for Kayne Turner is about the only one who springs to mind.

And let's be honest, he's a GWS player in an Essendon jumper, hasn't had time to be ruined yet.

Really wasn't a need last year yet you kept bringing them in. Run of the mill is being very very kind to Stringer.

Jake Squibber and Essendon are a match made in heaven.

Atley would easily be in your top 5.

Name one Essendon player who hand on heart would walk into our team this week

Dev Smith in for Kayne Turner is about the only one who springs to mind.

And let's be honest, he's a GWS player in an Essendon jumper, hasn't had time to be ruined yet.
Smith (better than Clarke), Fantasia (better than Turner), Hurley (better than Daw... obviously), McGrath (better than Williams)... Heppell, Merrett and Daniher (when not injured) would also obviously all get games as well.

Again, you'd think North were a top 8 team at the moment or something. Lose the next 2 and you'll likely be back in the bottom 6. Come join us.

Smith (better than Clarke), Fantasia (better than Turner), Hurley (better than Daw... obviously), McGrath (better than Williams)... Heppell, Merrett and Daniher (when not injured) would also obviously all get games as well.

Again, you'd think North were a top 8 team at the moment or something. Lose the next 2 and you'll likely be back in the bottom 6. Come join us.
Looking at the style of play and both sides are poles apart.
North are discovering a little bit of polish they still probably lack but the effort and work-rate and care for teammates is there in droves.
Essendon on current form at the antithesis of this. If Essendon had half the ticker North do we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I'll take effort over natural talent thanks. We've replaced Stringer with a rookie who has 10% of Stinger's talent (Gowers) and right now Gowers is the better player.

Smith and Fantasia yeah. Hurley for Daw theoretically, but not right now.

Who does Heppell replace in our midfield? Merrett same.

Daniher IS injured though.

North are discovering a little bit of polish they still probably lack but the effort and work-rate and care for teammates is there in droves.
Essendon on current form at the antithesis of this. If Essendon had half the ticker North do we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I'll take effort over natural talent thanks. We've replaced Stringer with a rookie who has 10% of Stinger's talent (Gowers) and right now Gowers is the better player.

Exactly.

Gowers goes hard and is everything Stringer is not.

Essendon blokes are getting by on reputation and unfortunately, when you're trying to work your way through the manic Richmond pressure, reputation doesn't count for shit.

Hurley WAS a good player and a high draft pick, but right now Robbie Tarrant and Scott Thompson are streets ahead of him as key defenders, and Majak's playing a really nice role in that defence, so we'll kepp that unit together thanks.

Heppel WAS a decent player and a high draft pick, but right now Cunnington, Higgins and Anderson are all streets ahead as contested line to line mids, and Froggy Dumont isn't the greatest player, but he's fitting very nicely into our midfield set up, so we will keep that unit together.

Yeah, we're crap and North are going well. To think that North are going so well that none of our players would get a look in is just ridiculous though. But I know that MaddAlan is typing all these posts with a rock hard boner and is just gleefully trolling and isn't actually interested in any genuine football discussion, so I'll play along.

Smith and Fantasia yeah. Hurley for Daw theoretically, but not right now.

Who does Heppell replace in our midfield? Merrett same.

Daniher IS injured though.
Merrett is an upgrade on Hartung and Anderson, Heppell is an upgrade on Dumont.

I could understand the arrogance from a Richmond supporter.

Merrett is an upgrade on Hartung and Anderson (obviously), Heppell is an upgrade on Dumont.

I could understand the arrogance from a Richmond supporter.

In theory Heppel is upgrade on Dumont, but right now, he's not.

I'd actually take Zaka to replace Hartung over Merrett.

Zaka seems to be copping lots of crap from the fans (and Goddard) but he can only do so much in his role when he's not getting any support.

Merrett vs Anderson is an interesting one.

Anderson right now is doing everything that Essendon (and Merrett) aren't. His commitment, willingness to run to smash into contest after contest. Last year's Merret was great, this year's, not great.

Again, picking a team for next week, I'd take Anderson over Merrett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back