Shaun Grigg to Richmond for Andrew Collins?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Confirmed - Shaun Grigg to Richmond for Andrew Collins

What the ****, not happy at all.

Collins showed a fair bit of potential this year, don't know how we could trade him if that is true.

Don't know why. He has talent. Maybe a bit skinny, but has talent.
Collins is a far better player than Grigg, not sure what Richmond are doing here when they could have potentially got him in the PSD.

I thought Collins was a good one. pretty weird trade from the tigers.

I thought Collins was a good one. pretty weird trade from the tigers.
He was under contract also. I'm finding it hard to believe he'd want to just move at the drop of a hat, which is what looks like happened. Very confusing.

If you're relying on information from Denham then there's something seriously wrong, this is far from confirmed yet

He was under contract also. I'm finding it hard to believe he'd want to just move at the drop of a hat, which is what looks like happened. Very confusing.
Swann and Icke made him leave.

Probably a nil all draw here anyway, Carlton probably throw in a late pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's gotta be some pick swapping action in there too, if this is the case...

If it does get confirmed I won't be happy, haven't seen Grigg play, but Collins has been valuable and has stepped up this year, I couldn't see Richmond trading Collins, I hope it's all bullshit.

If you're relying on information from Denham then there's something seriously wrong, this is far from confirmed yet
A few Richmond supporters seem to think he is a pretty reliable journo. Has also been reported in The Age I believe.

Weird trade. I'd back Collins to end up a better player than Grigg.

sheesh not happy at all.i thought the idea is to grow the list.
andy is a player the only thing that has really held him back is size. size and core strength is slowly coming and as it does the better he will get.
cant fathom this one out as collins has it over grigg in many areas im hoping its not true and if it is there had better be a pick involved. would prefer to give carlton as a token of good faith pick 50 and keep collins.

like i said on the tiger board the 'australian' article says this year was collins second at the club, while quayle at the age said carlton had expressed interest but nothing about it being accepted. i know which one has more cred. how often is denham right, really? that paper doesnt even have a link to the afl site at the top with the other sports, and their afl link down the page just goes to the HUN. i think we should calm down a bit, this paper doesnt care about footy and they probably get all their research from this place.

perhaps this is the same situation as Carlton requesting Talia for an uncontracted Jacobs who wants out? Carlton want Collins in exchange for an uncontracted Grigg who wants out. Richmond have all the advantage, so no idea why they would accept that trade, unless Richmond really don't rate Collins? or believe West Coast would pick Grigg up in PSD before their pick?

If true, take it and run Blues.

Seems a really dumb trade to me. I like the way Collins goes about it and he'll only get better. At best Grigg may be AS good as Collins, in which case, why would you make the trade? Just keep what you've got.

The more I think about it, the more unlikely it seems, especially as they could get Grigg for nothing in the PSD (do a Veale deal with West Coast if you have to).

If it is true, it sounds like Richmond got bedazzled by a player naming them as his preferred destination and let it affect their judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back